Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super St Bernard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unfortunately the lift company went bust a couple of years back but Super St Bernard is still very popular with ski tourers and snowshoers. We headed up for a short tour last Saturday.

The old lift station - available for 1chf!

On the up with AJ in the Spring conditions. The St Bernard Hospice on the Italian border is just visble in the background

Sporting death crust in the couloir

Nice to have the mountain to ourselves

The sun has done its damage on the south facing slopes

Some half decent Spring snow on the way down

Nice to be out getting some exercise in the sunshine although off piste conditions rather average
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you access this from La Rosiere or am I in the wrong place?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rather jealous
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Can you access this from La Rosiere or am I in the wrong place?

You're thinking of Petite St Bernard (La Thuile)

This is Grand St Bernard
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BobinCH, I'd been told they'd sold everything, but even if the pylons are there I guess there's not much chance of it ever opening again without massive new money.

How high did you get and how long did it take? Have been toying with skinning up to the top just for one last lunch in Etroubles. That trip used to be the highlight of my winter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes there are 2 St Bernard. La Rosiere use part of the Petit St Bernard Pass when the road is closed for winter. This one is the Grand St Bernard Pass (where the St Bernard dogs come from) between Italy and Switzerland just before the tunnel on the Swiss side. Grand St Bernard Pass is also closed for winter but there is a tunnel to permit access all year round.

Never been there myself but apart from the cable car there are two drag lifts according to Bergfex.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As far as I can remember the bubble was due its 30 year service, and they could not raise the necessary 500k CHF... although they only seemed to have started trying to raise the money less than a year before it was due. Skied there a few times; there is a dodgy tunnel at the top which takes you into a second bowl on the St Bernard pass side of the hill (also good to cut out some of the climb to the top of the pass) and you could also ski off the back down into Italy and get a bus/taxi back to the Swiss side.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ahhh - Super St Bernard.
That place (was) awesome. Like a mini La Grave - one telecabin, 2 rocky valleys, mostly off piste.

If snow arrived from the south it frequently dumped on the SSB pass whilst rest of Valais experienced blue sky. Skied a mid week powder day there with only 12 other people on the hill!

Think there are still looking for a buyer who can afford to replace the old telecabine. Amazed, and a little sad, that no one wants to buy it. The 10km descent off the backside from CH into Italy is a real classic.

Super Uncrowded (unlike Verbier!)

Super Terrain

Super Cool Lift

Super Skiing into Italy

The Super old piste map

http://www.lesuper.ch/?lang=en
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I found this website about possible project

http://www.lesuper.ch/pages/index.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy