Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB CEO Moves On!

Poster: A snowHead
Press release just in:

Quote:
Press info: 22 February 2012

Moving on: The Ski Club's Chief Executive - Caroline Stuart-Taylor

The Ski Club of Great Britain announces that its Chief Executive, Caroline Stuart-Taylor is leaving the Ski Club on 31st March 2012.

Club Chairman, Neil Britten says, “Caroline has been the figurehead of the Ski Club for nearly 16 years. I’m sure that members past and present will join me in thanking Caroline for all of her efforts on their behalf and wish her all the best for the future. Caroline will remain a member and Ski Club Leader, and I’m sure that her many friends in the Club and colleagues in the industry will have an opportunity to enjoy the snow with Caroline in the years to come.”

Caroline says, "It is very sad to be saying goodbye to so many lovely people, the Club's members, leaders, staff, industry and business colleagues and my many friends within the snowsports media. I'm immensely proud of all the Ski Club has achieved in my time as Chief Executive from its move from Eaton Square to the Club's home in Wimbledon in 1997 to its complete rebrand in 2010 and leave the Club in a strong and healthy position as the UK's largest snowsports club with its 31,000+ members."

Whilst Caroline says skiing will always be her number one sport and passion, she intends to pursue other interests and seek new challenges consistent with a career in the snowsports industry.

-Ends-
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps she could rescind DG's posting ban as a leaving present Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEO of Snivel?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, Caroline Snivel Taylor... makes a lot of sense now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

"the UK's largest snowsports club with its 31,000+ members."

She's probably quit before we get another 824 members and overtake them Laughing

Unless ShowVole get there first Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf wrote:
Quote:

"the UK's largest snowsports club with its 31,000+ members."

She's probably quit before we get another 824 members and overtake them Laughing

Unless ShowVole get there first Toofy Grin

Snowheads has the most socks of all. The true number of snowheads is kept secret, probably because the number is surprisingly low.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PJSki wrote:

Snowheads has the most socks of all.

Probably does

Quote:
The true number of snowheads is kept secret, probably because the number is surprisingly low.

PML ... as if U Brain could be bothered to work it out --- must be at least ooh ... 100 in total!

If you dislike this place, its owner, its members, its moderators etc so much, why bother posting?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agenterre wrote:
PJSki wrote:

Snowheads has the most socks of all.

Probably does

Quote:
The true number of snowheads is kept secret, probably because the number is surprisingly low.

PML ... as if U Brain could be bothered to work it out --- must be at least ooh ... 100 in total!

If you dislike this place, its owner, its members, its moderators etc so much, why bother posting?

The owner is great, as are most of the moderators and members. Shame about the Mouse Mafia though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The sad thing about the CEO of SCGB moving to pastures new is .......... Will anyone notice?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to admit, saying the CEO "has been the figurehead" seems like faint praise. I always thought the figurehead role was similar to being 'the face of' something. Show your face every now and then but not expected to actually do anything. Not what I'd expect from a CEO.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olderscot wrote:
I have to admit, saying the CEO "has been the figurehead" seems like faint praise. I always thought the figurehead role was similar to being 'the face of' something. Show your face every now and then but not expected to actually do anything. Not what I'd expect from a CEO.

Good point.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here are a couple of items about it...

http://www.planetski.eu/news/3570

http://morethanskiing.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/22212-caroline-stuart-taylor-to-leave-ski-club-of-great-britain/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never quite understood how there were not some conflicts of interest in her role and the relationship between SCGB & Freshtracks but presumable all the members were happy enough about it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, SCGB bought Freshtracks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller wrote:
fatbob, SCGB bought Freshtracks.

while she was CEO? and previously it had been a supplier to/commercial partner of SCGB?
latest report
fatbob, I think (and someone pls correct me if wrong) the purchase of Freshtracks and her appointment as CEO all happened at the same time.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, might make more sense. Hard to research online though.
snow report
met her for the first time on Swiss flying LHR to GVA just before xmas last year. I fessed up to beiing a former SKGB member but an keen snowHead - clearly that was enuff to make her down tools for good.
snow conditions
I think she has been far more than a figurehead. And I wonder if somethings about the club may be easier to change when she moves on.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, yes that was correct, part of the deal was that she brought Fresh tracks holidays with her when she joined ski club as it was her company if I remember correctly. Am willing to be corrected on that if anyone can give any more details. It was a while ago now.

As far as numbers are concerned, from what I have seen and heard in Les Acs this season. SCGB numbers skiing with the 'leader' are well down on the past. Most places within the new ski club policy for off piste are now 'piste natures' in Les Arcs so not much need to ski with a leader if you want to go off piste. Everyone just goes there anyway. The Paradiski area has really taken the idea of 'piste natures' to heart. There are now ten of these areas just on the Les Arcs side and about another 4 over in La Plagne. For anything more challenging they have to take a guide or break there own rules Skullie Puzzled But it is still a good way of catching up with old friends and crusing around the pistes for a lazy day. Very Happy

(Note: A piste nature is an avalanche protected area that is un-pisted, but marked as a trail. They only open these areas when the resort security considers them to be safe. You do not need to take any avalanche safety gear, although some of us still do. )

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 23-02-12 0:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
stoat of the dead wrote:
I wonder if somethings about the club may be easier to change when she moves on.
So, what would you change (he said looking forward to a 50-pager and a horse's head in his bed)?
latest report
Bode Swiller, lose the mag, accept they screwed up with the website etc etc. freshtracks is good but could be better.

snowcrazy, No axe to grind there then... Care to disclose why you are no longer a rep? Wink
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, Not much of a secret anymore, I think a number of people have already mentioned in other threads about what was going on in Val d'Isere with the SCGB reps and may still be rolling eyes from what I have heard recently! Watch this space!! Toofy Grin plus all the new rules regarding where you can and cannot ski makes leading for them really boring. So we parted ways. Although I know for a fact that many of the current leaders break these rules. e.g. The leader in Les Arcs taking his group off piste all the way to Bourg St Maruice a few weeks ago. I could go into loads of details, but think that is enough.

As far as making the club better, where to start: the web site needs a lot of work, being able to message direct with other members (like we can on here), getting better discounts (you can get almost all their discounts these days online without belonging to the club), making freshtracks cheaper (it is crazy expensive for most holidays), being honest about the snow conditions (you get more truthful reports on here), being truthful about where leaders can really go off piste before getting people to join the club etc. If I tried I could think more, but these are a few ideas for starters. Maybe now the old CEO is leaving there might be a few positive changes and not just more wasting of members subs. But I would be very surprised if much changes.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
stoat of the dead, Not much of a secret anymore, I think a number of people have already mentioned in other threads about what was going on in Val d'Isere with the SCGB reps and may still be rolling eyes from what I have heard recently!

Get it off your chest, you know you want to. What's it all about?
snow conditions
PJSki, he is probably referring to this, as I'm sure you've guessed: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77540&highlight=backhanders
latest report
Bode Swiller, Just for the record, I did not post that. I did not even know it was posted on here until someone told me and I did not enter the thread then and will not do so now either. If I have something worth posting about this in the future I will do so myself. I do not hide behind other peoples posts, but also will not add stuff just for the sake of it unless I think there is a good reason to post.

PJSki, I think you should come clean and say your interest/involvement in the SCGB.
latest report
The soon-to-be-vacant CEO position has now been advertised:

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?storyID=8539

Anyone out there fancy it? Care to be interviewed here first?

Think my phone must be on the blink because I've not had a call from any headhunters yet.
latest report
How much are they paying? The ad doesn't even give a ballpark figure.

I don't want to waste my time if its a poxy salary.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
•An interest in and knowledge of snow sports would be an advantage.
Shocked

I bet/hope DG has applied Toofy Grin
latest report
Tiger2, you're all wrong for the job. I've already been on and said how much I want just to talk to them. Then I'll present a radical plan that'll support an obscene salary.

Boredsurfing, an interest in snow sports an advantage?!? Laughing That rules out DG.
snow report
"experience of change management and digital media would be especially valuable. "

Sounds like Phil Keith is the man for the job what with his tremendously successful new venture etc.
snow report
Tiger2 wrote:
How much are they paying? The ad doesn't even give a ballpark figure.

I don't want to waste my time if its a poxy salary.

Almost certainly in £sd....if not guineas...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy