Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cat Suits - for British Paralympic Team

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Or more precisely looking for cat suits for the British Adaptive Ski Team (see my sign off link!).
We are looking for recommendations/ a good deal for our skiers. We have 3 skiers going to the winter paralympics (Russell Docker, Sean Rose and Liz Miller) and about up to 10 more skiers who represent GB at various levels and we'd really like to find a good deal from somewhere.
Perhaps someone reading this wants to sponsor the team or could at least get us something okay and cheap!
Please contact me with any thoughts/suggestions and feel free to email me privately also choodalls@aol.com
Thanks!
dave Chugg.
www.britishadaptiveskiteam.org
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Choodalls, welcome to snowHead !

How much would it cost to get a snowheads sticker on a ski or two! Smile

Sorry I have nothing useful to contribute Sad I would think that SOMEONE here will have a direction for you to try.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Fragglerock,
I guess that a small donation to the charity by sponsoring my great north run attempt for them this Sunday would be enough to get your stickers onto a ski or two.......certainly happy to pop some on my rig! See www.justgiving.com/davechugg
Dave!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Choodalls, welcome to snowHeads snowHead and I wish the British Adaptive Ski Team all the very best of luck.

We stayed in the same hotel in Alpe d'Huez as the Uphill Ski Club a few years back. Such determination and skills that the skiers had was fantastic.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Cathy, I learned to ski with the Uphill (having been a skier before breaking my back in a paragliding accident). The team is now fully integrated with the Uphill and moving forwards.
This year Russell got our first ever European Cup victory at SuperG (beating the Austrians on their home ground), so we're really looking forward to the new season.
Dave.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads, Choodalls snowHead

I'm afraid I have no idea as to the answer to your question...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Choodalls, the best of luck with this. Do you have any idea who manufactures the suits for the British Alpine Ski Team?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Choodalls, http://www.skibartlett.com/ do a lot of race gear including one piece suits but I've no idea of their prices, they are however one of the best if not the best ski gear supplier in the UK for race kit and really know what they're talking about when it comes to kit.

Oh and good luck
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Marc,
I did meet up with the suppliers for the able bodied guys (name escapes me now!). Problem though was the price which if I recall correctly was about £700 each!!!
Other thing is that we just end up mutilating the suits anyway - one leggers...one armers...sit-skiers etc. Trouble is we don't have the synergy of others in the team being able to use the bits that we cut off!
I'll check out your link D G thanks.
Dave.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Choodalls, welcome! (oh, and I recognise a couple of names on your sponsorship page!)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Trespass supply the outerwear to the British Children's Team. Vist supplied last year's catsuits, and I've a feeling Vist supplied the senior team as well - but I can't check as their site is down at the moment...

http://www.vist.it/html/en/products_appareal.php?p=11#sub1

www.trespass.co.uk

Choodalls, welcome to snowHead snowHeads! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Choodalls, just to add, one of your guys shared a lane with us up on the Tignes glacier a while back - conditions were horrible, but hats off to him, he was flying...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks PG, yes thanks for reminding me, it was VIST that quoted us Sad - I am afraid we just couldn't afford what they were asking at the time.
dave.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi PG,
Yep, probably you shared with more than one of us......we are always in Tignes around November, and usually end up sharing....
Dave.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow!
I'd just like to add a thank you to all you generous Snowheads out there. I have just seen what has been happening in the last few minutes on the sponsor site.
Thankkyou to you all! I just have to make sure I don't run into Paula Radcliffe now as she steams past me on Sunday (there is such a thing as bad publicity!).
Cheers.
Dave.
latest report
Choodalls, can't you bend the ear of the marketing arm of VIST. On the basis that it would put them in a good light with the abled body lot?
snow report
Tried that, but even 20% off what we were quoted was too much Crying or Very sad for our lot to want to spend.....
ski holidays
Choodalls, how much did they want for adult size? I "heard rumours" wink of £135 last year...
snow report
Choodalls, you could ask the Ghanian Ski Team how they managed for race suits! snowHead They to are operating on very limited resources, snowHead snowleopard is the skier and snowHead bigwavedave (Dave Jacobs) is his manager (based at Milton Keynes). You might find bigwavedave is best to contact - snowleopard is in Las Lenas racing...you can do this by Private Message (PM) or you can find his e-mail address in this post.

By the way I instituted an ad hoc discretionary "racing snowHeads get a free hat", if you're interested then send me a Private Message with an address to send it to and I'll sort it out.
ski holidays
Before the Vist deal, the British and English team catsuits were made by Cynosure in Arbroath. BSSF should have a contact number for them.

Another supplier is Beyond-X.

French suits are made by Jonathan et Fletcher in Annecy.
ski holidays
Hi,
Thanks for the extra links - I like the look of the Beyond-X site, but can't seem to access the "contact" details.
Keep the suggestions coming.....
Dave.
ski holidays
You could try getting in touch with skiracing.co.uk they supply dainese race suits. i have just got one on order from them for eurotest training.

They set up to help racers and coaches find kit and they give a good discount to coaches and racers. Price per suit is under £200 so not a bad place to start. They have lots of other good race stuff too. Probably best to give them a call I think the number is on the website.

maybe see you in Tignes in November
snow conditions
Hi,
Info received so far is that Incline Sports (beyondx) can do a bulk order of suits for around £205 ex. vat for large sizes. If anyone out there has any opinions on whether this is a good deal, or if we could do better, then I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Dave.
snow report
yes - speak to skiracing.co.uk - they should be able to do it cheaper than that.
ski holidays
Also speak to ski bartlett as they claim to support British Ski Racing
snow report
It appears you have broken your £2000 target! congratulations and good luck for the run.
ski holidays
Hi,
I think we're in a pretty good position now to make an informed choice. Also, Ski Racing Supplies kindly gave me an Italian website www.ep-racing.it who can supply direct. Naturally, we'd like a "team" suit, so that's probably a better bet than the type of thing supplied by Dianese off the peg.
Yes, great news on the fundraising - all of your contributions on www.justgiving.com/davechugg have now pushed beyond my target - so anything more is a real bonus for the charity. Thank you one and all - glad to have become a SnowHead!
dave.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy