Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kids- telemark? is this stupid??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sidenote I also learned on the telesaures boot! Great beginner boot if you're lacking in the weight category like most 10 years olds. Also I would stay away from NTN until until he gets a bit bigger, when I first started I didnt even way enough or half the calf strength to bend the boot, haha. But if you looking for some sweet sticks I got a pair of 160 rossi powder birds with g3 bindings (the skis I learned on) they're in excellent condition and Id love if they got some use again, we need more youth free heelers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brief update. The 11 year old is now 16 and has been freeheeling ever since. Telemarking is as people here have said, extremely friendly. We've skied along with lots of other telemarkers, who always stop by for a chat and sometimes for a ski together. In particular we've skied with a great bunch of French telemarkers in les Arcs- Fentastick, which was a great cultural experience.

Then in April 2017 I asked a bloke in teleboots at the Grands Montets mid station if he knew any guides who tele'd, as we were hoping to do the Valle Blanche. He turned out to be the GB telemark team coach, I mentioned that I followed Jaz Taylor on Instagram- he told me to stop where I was and 30 seconds later returned with Jaz, . Ed jnr then had a ski with him and Jaz Taylor- and got asked to join the team for a training camp in September 2017, he got a week off school, then we both went to the GB champs in January, he did some races, got a couple of podium finishes and he is now on the GB telemark team.

In all this has turned out much more expensive than I first thought.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ed123, I started reading this thread then realised it was 6 years old and skipped to the end, half expecting some spam, but no! What a fantastic story, well done to your boy, I hope he has every success! Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
5 years later I have just done the same. As an avid Telemark skier what a great story
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ed123,
Great story. One of my inspirations for moving to Telemark 25 years ago now, was seeing an outrageously good Telemark skier at Nevis Range. Turned out he was in the national team at the time.
Free the heel Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thread age noted.

I came across a couple of telemarkers in BC this season, which is two more than normal. Back in the day it wasn't uncommon, but I've had a drought of them for years. Anyway, these two separate guys had modern funky bindings and were pretty good. One was an emergency medic, the other runs the ski patrol at a local resort; they were both competent. They tended to do paramarking in the steeper/ gnarlier stuff and only break into the real deal super low stuff on easier ground. I asked about all that and they reckoned that modern equipment works a bit differently from the back in the day stuff, which I can certainly believe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ed123, looks like your update in 2018 was missed by most, but what a great story. Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ed123, congrats to your boy!

Separately how do you tele with both heels up like in the Vimeo video Barry posted 12 years ago? Here
Worstenstück edit - The Worst Crew from The Worst Crew
Worstenstück edit - The Worst Crew from The Worst Crew
http://vimeo.com/27234093
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have enjoyed reading this. I also taught my son to telemark, starting with xc skis 1st.
This Yr he was UK tele champ for 3rd time and also won joint services.
My husband and daughter also telemark and I'm looking forward to teaching my grand children. Cross country 1st.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Teletart, nice one! The GB Telemark Championships in Pralongnon are amazing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy