Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You can't get a pair of skis in the back of a Seat Ibiza

Poster: A snowHead
There, so now you know, might save you trying as I just did.

Since it doesn't look like we'll need 4wd this weekend I was going to take the Seat since it's diesel and costs nothing to run but you can't get skis in the back of it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You must know someone who has a ski rack?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes me, several, for an Audi and various jeeps, none of which will fit the Ibiza, In fact looking at the ibiza I'm at a loss to see how a real rack would fit and our mag' carrier only takes a couple of pairs. No doubt Seat could sell us something expensive, rather negating the saving in fuel though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like it's back to the 4WD option then ise
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shame really, the Seat belongs to Mrs Ise and it's the fairly sporty 1.9 Tdi sport model which I've been looking forward to having a go on the Alpine roads with for a while. Still it'll more fun in the summer without winter tires on I suppose Toofy Grin

It looks like 400chf from Seat for their rack which is out of the question.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ouch!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might be worth checking out a Seat Ibiza owners website of some description. I got a rack for my car (Fiat Coupe) through an owners website, even though it seemed the only way was to buy it direct from Fiat.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I cant get anything but a handbag in my Fiat!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lager, I might look there, thanks for the tip. I don't want to spend any money really, during peak season I prefer to use my own car which is a quattro and handles like a dream on snow and ice. So, it's only a few weeks per season I would ever even consider using the other car, it's just the Seat is cheap to run but any cost on racks would negate the saving.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
how about getting shorter skis?
My Fischer Spyders will fit in almost any car.

Then again, they are only 99cm long.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise, tie the Swiss flag to them and let them poke out the windows (you'll have them open anyway coz its so warm there - remember?!)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee. Can you get a Smart car in your handbag?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Isn't there a split rear seat on the Ibiza? I'm sure my wife's old green one has this feature. One of my objections to buying (rather than hiring) skis is carrying them round.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you or Mrs Ise would consider travelling behind the driver, you can lean the passenger seat back and put skis there, with their own seat belt. Not very sociable and not so good if you have long legs.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Time to take up bladeing methinks, they'd fit Wink
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
ise, tie the Swiss flag to them and let them poke out the windows (you'll have them open anyway coz its so warm there - remember?!)

The French seemed to have a bit a sulk on last night at the border, they had traffic backed 5km back into Switzerland. With skis out of the window they'd probably have confiscated the car.

Quote:
Isn't there a split rear seat on the Ibiza? I'm sure my wife's old green one has this feature. One of my objections to buying (rather than hiring) skis is carrying them round.

I think you're pulling my leg Very Happy I did fold the seat down.

It's funny which cars do and don't fit skis, I've found a Merc' A class is woeful with the skis on the dash while a Fiat punto has plenty of space for skis (not sure about the current punto)
latest report
Quote:

You can't get a pair of skis in the back of a Seat Ibiza

You can if you have got a hacksaw!
snow report
ise, The other part of the process is to crank the front seat flat back. The skis end up with one end in the footwell and the other against the glass of the rear screen.
You can get anything in a car if you are really determined. My wife once got a tonne of turf in a 2CV after taking all but the driver's seat out.
snow conditions
In fact I've just realised that I have an ancient pair of long straight skis my wife came home with in her car on the basis that she was given tham by some friends of her parents as she was the only person they knew who skied. They allegedly belonged to a guy called Angel who plays football for Aston Villa.
latest report
Chris Bish wrote:
ise, The other part of the process is to crank the front seat flat back. The skis end up with one end in the footwell and the other against the glass of the rear screen.
You can get anything in a car if you are really determined. My wife once got a tonne of turf in a 2CV after taking all but the driver's seat out.

Yes, Mrs Ise pointed that out, she was saying they'll be any number of small hatchbacks arriving in Moriilon this afternoon with 4 adults, a baby, a dog and 6 pairs of skis and all their possesions.
snow report
You have a skiing dog?
snow conditions
My car is the students smart car- just this very evening it ran home on fumes from the tank! If I had skis ( or somewhere to take them) maybe I could try and fit them in.... sob sob......

going home on thursday so I'll be down snow and rock getting me some boots! ( doubt theyd fit in the car though- probably have to put the seat down)
snow conditions
Chris Bish wrote:
You have a skiing dog?

No, I have a non-skiing cat Very Happy I saw guy at Crans Montanna last week boarding with his dog running along with him, and there's a number of pisteurs around who take dogs out (some of which are obviously S&R dogs)
ski holidays
My cat hates skiing too. mostly because it means we are away. It has been howling windy here today and she was too scared to come back in being out. I guess S & R means search and rescue...

Nadenoodlee, don't try driving in ski boots! Little Angel
snow report
Pah! ski boots will be a doddle- you drive in 4in suede stilettos- keeping yours knees up so you dont scrath the heels- thats talent!

Might wear my goggles for a laugh tho
latest report
I strongly suspect you are a girly, Nadenoodlee, Confess! Wink
snow report
Im just addicted to shoes and snow Chris Bish

Alas never the two shall meet as my poor shoes would get utterley ruined- my major holiday injury was obtained this season trying to cross the piste at 3am in knee high boots

"A lady always wears nice shoes"- Nadenoodlee's Nan
snow conditions
Chris you can find a picture of her and a few other snowheads over on this site Snowhead Pics
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oi!

I was blonde then - not anymore
ski holidays
Thanks DG, I knew nade was female, but girly is a sub-species who do clothes, hair and stuff to a mysterious level for ordinary men.

Girlies are strange creatures who value mascara (for example) above (say beer. Odd.
latest report
My mascara is essential to my happiness!

SO is snow- and Malibu and Pineapple ( which is much much nicer than beer)
latest report
But all in all the Ibiza is quite a decent car and built alongside the Polo, which is considerably more expensive. I think SEATs are good value and have a Toledo TDi myself.

But, Nadenoodlee, I still like beer!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, so you were blonde then, what are you now ?
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Pah! ski boots will be a doddle- you drive in 4in suede stilettos- keeping yours knees up so you dont scrath the heels- thats talent!

Might wear my goggles for a laugh tho

Fair point, it might be easy for a woman though, years of practice etc.

The Austrian guy I train with drives with ski boots on, only across back from the lift or similar but it leads to some harsh braking and bunny hoppying. I can't decide if it'd be easier with an auto' or not.
snow conditions
Chris Bish wrote:
But all in all the Ibiza is quite a decent car and built alongside the Polo, which is considerably more expensive. I think SEATs are good value and have a Toledo TDi myself.

But, Nadenoodlee, I still like beer!

I'm delighted with it and it's not really mine Very Happy Lifting the hood you see an array of VW parts. We drove the base model which was OK but a muchness with all the other hatchbacks. But the TDiS is great, 6 speed box, sports handling kit, traction control blah blah. It drives really well, costs nothing to keep in fuel and it was reasonably priced. I like the look of the Leon, there's a 4wd 2.8 v6 which I don't think you get in the UK.
latest report
I'll stick with my Diesel Freelander snowHead
snow report
DG, just sent you a photo of me.
latest report
Yep I noticed having just finished watching Time Team, it's now on my site

Snowhead Pics

I never realised WTFH would go to such lengths as passing himself off as a waiter just so he could get free booze Laughing
latest report
I got my skis in my ickle Peugot 205!

(and 3 people, rucksacks and a skiboard for that matter!)
ski holidays
You can get magnetic car roof ski carriers, so they'll fit owt, so long as you haven't got a convertable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy