Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Satchboogie wrote:
Conditions are pretty grim right now. I was there this past week and it was rain below about 2500m which continued to ruin everything below Schilthorn. Icy/hard early and slush by late morning even near the tops of Mannlichen/Lauberhorn. Even the bottom half of the Rigglie/Birg area was crunchy Thursday after the snow. There were a bunch fresh powder lines to grab off Schilthorn/Birg/Kandahar though.

The only valley run left open now is the blue from Eigergletscher to Grund, but it's no longer possible to ski from Grund to Terminal. The red piste to terminal is completely gone under Holenstien and the red/blue run from First to the bus stop bar is also gone/closed, so you have to unload down from Bort. It's horrible how much snow has melted from when I was there in mid February. At least the views are still amazing when it's clear (Jungfrau region is one of my favorites in the Alps).
Rather over the top skiing above 1700metre is very good and ample snow depth
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heavy snow falling
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were up earlier and it's building up nicely at Eigergletscher @Jill t,
Temp was around -2 and falling steadily. Snowing below Brandegg as we left Grindy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well that's it for 2024, my 90 days are running out. What a lovely morning to finish.
The thermometer in Lauterbrunnen reading 8.8 did not look promising but we headed to Kleine Scheidegg. Snowfall just above Allmend was a nice surprise. When the train is held up short of KS station for snow clearing purposes things are really looking interesting.
A long coffee meeting at the rendezvous, the bahnhof then out to play! I wish my IT skills were better as I have a delightful photograph of a piste basher on the railway station! (I don't know how to upload pics) The staff simply could not shift the volume of snow building up on the station.
In spite of fairly high wind speeds the snow was light enough to be very enjoyable. In places we skied more than 20cms.....on piste. We had the odd glimmer of sun and good definition to ski some of our favourite off-piste pitches.
A lovely way to wind up what has been a frustrating season where snow and weather has been concerned.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Rogerdodger, Have a safe trip home.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice skiing at Kleine Scheidegg this morning. Pistes were soft but not slushy, visibility just about ok (the Sahara sand helps). Very few people skiing, most pistes were deserted.

Warm weather forecast for the weekend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just viewed a few lovely movie clips of friends up on Lauberhorn. Deep , untracked powder and very few people up there skiing it.
April always delivers......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Rogerdodger,

Snow all the way down to the valley floor.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy