Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
@Deedee, very tough, full length Marathon that climbs from Interlaken almost all the way to Eigergletscher before finishing at Kl Scheidegg so a climb of about 1800m over the course most of the climb being in the last 15km
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pre-season report. It's nice. Warm and sunny yesterday. Cloudy today but still enjoyable walking. The home run to the village is being dug up for pipe work so we'll hopefully have new fixed cannons all the way from Allmend back to the Hirschen.

Lots of propaganda promoting the V-bahn on the trains and in the press. Mannlichen gondola has only one season to go, so fingers crossed. Rocks bar refurbishment is really nice, think it'll do very well this winter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New webcam at Berne Airport - http://www.flughafenbern.ch/en/operational-zone/webcam
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actual snow alongside the path from Mannlichen to Alpiglen this morning.

It was damn cold up there early on. People are talking about snow at the weekend maybe.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Temps dropping this weekend (FL around 1500m)...small amount of snow expected on Sunday
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Earlybird discounted ski passes are on sale. You have to buy 21 days before the pass begins.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/winter/tourism/shop/2-to-14-day-ski-pass-with-earlybird-discount/earlybird-2-to-14-day-ski-pass/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow down to the village last night.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mürren this morning -

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At this time of year it won't last of course but it's still nice to look at
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf wrote:

Snow any time of year is nice to look at!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toadman wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

Snow any time of year is nice to look at!

+1
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone happen to know of a 3-bedroom 2-bathroom apartment to rent in Lauterbrunnen for 14-28th January? Please let me know if so. Thanks!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://chalet.myswitzerland.com/holiday-rentals/?_ga=1.253955400.1745319608.1456079368
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris Brookes, is that supposed to link to a specific apartment? For me it just links to a search of that site for "lauterbrunnen". I've already looked on a number of aggregate sites (I can Google with the best of them) but thought it might be nice to check if any Snowheads/Snowheads neighbours/milkmen whatever had something suitable Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry, just trying to be helpful as I searched apartments that are available based on your brief and found a few....I will make sure I keep quiet next time you post a Q on here Wink
snow report
As I'm on here, Schilthorn restaurant getting a refurb and a name change for the coming season

ski holidays
@Chris Brookes, thank-you, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, I just wasn't sure what the link was meant to point to. The search parameters are a bit "flexible", as it only gives me one 3-bedroom apartment in Lauterbrunnen, which unfortunately isn't suitable as one of the bedrooms only has bunk beds. But thanks for checking all the same Happy
ski holidays
Have you tried higher up in Mürren or the lower resort of Wengen for available apartments?
latest report
@Chris Brookes, no - we are on a course that is being run out of Lauterbrunnen and will have evening components so it really needs to be Lauterbrunnen.
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, try contacting Lauterbrunnen Tourist office https://lauterbrunnen.swiss/en/summer/#news if you are driving there you could go a little up or down the valley and look at Stechelberg, Zweilutschinen or Wilderswil it takes about 15mins by train or car to go from Wilderswil to Lauterbrunnen (the trains run every 30 mins or so from about 6am to 11pm or later) theirs a bus service from lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg bbut I'm not sure of the service times for that
snow report
Oh whilst I remember anyone going to Wengen with kids aged 7+ who are beyond basic skiing might want to consider joining the DHO, we have coggins from 7-13 and eagles 13+ ski groups taught by Swiss Ski school instructors at considerably less than ski school rates, a morning and afternoon session with the ski school comes to 105 Chf whilst with us you pay 80Chf book for 6 consecutive days with us and its just 380Chf, kids in coggins need to be able to do a supersonic snowplough or better standard whilst those in eagles are expected to be happy on black runs. The DHO membership can also get you discounts on ski hire (up to 20%) and there are other discounts as well which for a typical family can more than justify the membership fees

http://www.downhillonly.com/ theres a pretty good 3day forecast on our homepage for wengen plus a link to a number of web cams in the area
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, a few here:

http://www.interhome.ch/en/switzerland/bernese-oberland/lauterbrunnen/?arrivaldate=2017-01-14&duration=14
latest report
Early Bird passes available now for Jungfrau
http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/shop/2-to-14-day-ski-pass-with-earlybird-discount/grindelwald-wengen-earlybird-ski-pass-prices/
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
As I'm on here, Schilthorn restaurant getting a refurb and a name change for the coming season

I think it was getting a refurb when i was it in last season?
snow conditions
Another nice cam. This one is at Bussalp above Grindelwald.

http://grindelwaldbus.roundshot.com
snow report
Snowing in Wengen today, better yet the forecast suggest it will be snowing on and off all week with cold weather until at least Saturday so this may actually be the start of winter !
ski holidays
Mürren yesterday morning

Today the film has been released on #LandRover taking there #RangeRoverSport down the Inferno Downhill Course

http://youtube.com/v/AzNOXjpr_i4
snow report
Love this picture -

Snow line view while travelling up the Cable car from Lauterbrunnen at this time of year with the autumn colours in full swing

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice pics! Only about 11 weeks for me to wait....
snow report
For anyone going to Wengen this year you might want to consider joining the DHO, in addition to the usual benefits (free guiding, clubhouse, cheaper instruction for kids skiing so long as they can do a fast snowplough) We've managed to negotiate a bunch of discounts for Members, with up to 20% off ski hire, and service, 10% of purchases in one of the bigger ski shops, and discounted meals in 7 of the Hotel Restaurants if you are a family who likes to eat out and are renting an apartment these discounts could save a lot more than the Membership fee http://www.downhillonly.com/get-involved/membership/
snow report
Hi David, where can I find a list of the 7 restaurants please?
latest report
@telford_mike, It will be listed in the clubroom and may change, but since you ask, currently: Bellvue, Falken, Sunstar, Caprice, Silberhorn Stube and Bar Anonym, Bar and Restaurant Wengenerhof, Bar and Restaurant Belvedere, the exact deal vary for some it's 10% off everything whilst for others its a reduced rate dinner or a fixed amount off the price of a meal.

Also Bar Anonym is doing an opening party on 22nd December from 6pm and offering DHO members free drinks (that might be a free drink per member I'm not sure)

And on the subject of Deals the Falken hotel is offering members special deals in December, January, February and April also Wengen Classic Hotels will do a 10% reduction on room rates on proof of DHO membership (Belvedere, Silberhorn and Wengenerhof)

Discounts only apply to the people with memberships so families or couples will need the right memberships in order for everyone to get a discount, however these discounts could more than cover family membership costs, p.s children in family membership packs can be up to 23 years of age !
ski holidays
@D G Orf, Someone's been working hard on that - good news Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@telford_mike, it is and they have, we are hoping for more offers soon as well but these are the confirmed ones
ski holidays
I think that is a really good for new/old DHO members, I wish the club across the valley did that..

Over 14cm of snow in Mürren village and over 23cm at 2360m....wow !

great twitter page for info ! https://twitter.com/murrenlover
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
I think that is a really good for new/old DHO members

Less of the old mate, I'm still in my prime Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Aerial video showing the current conditions above Mürren village by Stefan (local drone user wink )

http://youtube.com/v/Zn1bWIdWw9s
snow report
Scheidegg and First to open a few lifts this weekend. Info on Murren to come in the next couple of days hopefully.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/winter/tourismus/skigebiet/aktuell/
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Scheidegg and First to open a few lifts this weekend. Info on Murren to come in the next couple of days hopefully.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/winter/tourismus/skigebiet/aktuell/

They are hoping to open some of the Birg area at the weekend but the weather is changing mid week so they will make a decision on Wednesday
snow report
Männlichen also opening this weekend. Access lifts from Wengen & Grund, plus Männlichen and Lager chairs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy