Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
They are doing the back of the Allmendhubel and Palace run now-

https://vid.me/m5zy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's gone loads colder this afternoon. Forecast is now looking very good for at least the next week, with below zero temps 24/7 and snow just about every day. They've been ferrying snow by helicopter in Wengen this afternoon too - onto the racetrack needless to say.

There's a new attraction in Interlaken - Ice Magic. It's an ice rink complex with bars and cafes etc. On the Hohemat just by Cafe Schuhe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike, I can't wait for the White stuff to fall and transform the villages into a winter wonderland !!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't think we'll be waiting more than 24 hours mate snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well it was a little more than 24 hours, but IT'S SNOWING IN WENGEN!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yay!!! Hopefully a lot of snow will come.
I'm disappointed to see that the old tavern at the Schilthorn station will be modernised Sad but I guess that's progress.
Happy Christmas everyone
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
🎼Let it snow; Let it snow; Let it snow 🎵 🎵 🎿🎿 🏂🏂
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, it's currently clear blue skies but come tomorrow morning it will hopefully look completely different -

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 29-12-14 0:11; edited 6 times in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
5cm fell over night but only opened an extra run on scheidegg side. Been over on mannlichen side all day and off piste was pretty good. Going home in the morning so will miss the higher expected snowfall on saturday Mad the village did look great this morning after a week of high temps and very green surroundings. For those due to arrive in Wengen - enjoy ! Despite the low snowfall we had a great week at the sunstar and managed to include a worthwhile trip to the schithorn.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had lots of snow here in Notts last night, hopefully its on its way over the Alps now!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interesting snow detail on Jungfrau.ch site. New snow 85cm: Snow depth 25cm !!! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LOL someone will need to correct that in the morning LOL they still need a goodly amount more in the area, I'd like 30cm more in Wengen and a bit more than that up top to give 45cm in Wengen and 1M at Kleine Scheidegg as a fair base, I don't think they are going to get that much though, at least not i the next few cold days
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not my usual neck of the woods but in Wengen with a mate 3/1 to 15/1. Hotel Beausite Park. He has been for years but I think he is an on piste man. Any recommendations given current conditions. Decent off piste skier but my knees are rather past their best. Worth hiring a guide at the moment?
Decided to leave my new skis back in Blighty as I expect that despite the fresh snow it is still pretty thin. Dug out the old uns for one last hurrah!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its still snowing since 2pm and they are doing a smashing job sorting the pistes out for tomorrow !!

https://t.co/gbswhJyQ6U
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mark1863 wrote:
Not my usual neck of the woods but in Wengen with a mate 3/1 to 15/1. Hotel Beausite Park. He has been for years but I think he is an on piste man. Any recommendations given current conditions. Decent off piste skier but my knees are rather past their best. Worth hiring a guide at the moment?
Decided to leave my new skis back in Blighty as I expect that despite the fresh snow it is still pretty thin. Dug out the old uns for one last hurrah!

Go and have a chat with Andrew the DHO rep. He knows all the best stuff and you can ski with him - they have an off piste day once a week if conditions are nice. In the DHO clubroom (by the station can't miss it) between 6 and 7 every evening except Saturdays.
ski holidays
Unless they get a good deal more snow I suspect the Off piste may be limited, the better off piste runs around Wengen are somewhat rock strewn though there are a few on Mannlichen that might be OK, might be stuff at Murren, Ech othe advice about seeing Andrew at the DHO
ski holidays
30cm of snow on the Wengen Nursery slopes and about 50cm on the Lauberhorn this morning, Innerwengen and Tschuggen lifts currently closed (I believe Fallboden only operates at weekends now ? ), Maulerhubel and Winteregg lifts are not running at Murren, and Bardelegg, schilt and hogwald lifts are shut at First above Grindelwald, it's still snowing in the cloud but not heavily, though the snow has gone right down to Interlaken, after today it looks like a couple of nicer days, then Friday looks currently as if there will be rain showers at lower levels (just possible it might be snow in Wengen) with Saturday and Sunday looking like further snow showers
ski holidays
Gimmeln T-bar opens today with Maulerhubel and Winteregg lifts opening tomorrow
snow report
Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated.
latest report
Happy New Year to everyone snowHead
latest report
Hey guys, how are the conditions on the Murren pistes now? We're off next Saturday & can't wait! Happy new year everyone
ski holidays
We`re arriving in a couple of weeks and my mate is a beginner. Where do you think the best place for him to learn is? I was thinking the nursery slopes in Wengen or at the top of the cable car above there. Can`t remember if there`s a beginner section up at Scheidegg?
snow report
@Deedee, there is a beginner section at scheidegg I hope some more snow turns up soon for everyone due there soon
ski holidays
@Deedee, assuming a complete beginner, ski school will take him to the most appropriate location Smile
snow conditions
This ^
ski holidays
Weather forecast is saying more snow tonight, tomorrow and Saturday.
It'll be our friends first time in Murren & lovely to arrive on the train to fresh snow.
latest report
Mürren today after the morning snow storm which produced 15cm of new snow (more snow forecasted for the end of the week)-

@suzysue2, good week to arrive after the fresh snow and cooler temps!!

ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
more snow forecasted for the end of the week)

Laughing

2 weeks till i arrive. Really looking forward to it. Might have asked this before but how mental is the Lauberhorn? I`m an intermediate skier, can go down pretty steep stuff as long it`s wide. Narrow and steep and i`m not so hot. Want to give it a go but i`m a bit wary....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Deedee wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
more snow forecasted for the end of the week)

Laughing

2 weeks till i arrive. Really looking forward to it. Might have asked this before but how mental is the Lauberhorn? I`m an intermediate skier, can go down pretty steep stuff as long it`s wide. Narrow and steep and i`m not so hot. Want to give it a go but i`m a bit wary....

Easy to be honest. The normal red run is dead simple, really wide and open. But you can do the proper World Cup downhill course too. For the most part it's just a romp. Only awkward bit is the Hundschopf but if you can manage a snowplough down a short steep 10 metre section you'll be fine. The Hannegschuss after Bumps is steepish but there's plenty of room to turn. The Zeilschuss has been flattened out in recent years so no problem there. Great cakes and heissechoci at Mary's Cafe at the bottom too!

Enjoy all of the landmarks on the way down - Canadian Corner, the Kernan S's, the Wasserstation where you dive under the railway, then the Austrian Hole before you get to the Zeil S's.

It's a great run. Just don't try to do it in 2 minutes 24 seconds!

Best ski run in the world IMO.
ski holidays
How is the course looking for this weekends race, anyone know?
ski holidays
It's snowing quite heavily at the moment in Murren.
Very much needed too!
We've had some smashing skiing upto yet and it looks like being even better tomorrow! It's a pity winteregg has been closed all week but fingers crossed it may open tomorrow.
snow report
Swisspasses.com still have the old Sterling prices if you're quick....
snow conditions
Anyone looking out for the Lauberhorn Downhill on Eurosport tomorrow, the race has been postponed until Sunday morning replacing the Slalom which will now be held on Saturday at 10:30 CET.
Swiss TV seem to have it all covered and have changed their schedules, Eurosport have just done the same. CORRECTION - only showing the Slalom live on Saturday, Downhill is highlights only at 16:00 GMT
Probably means that Ski Sunday won't show the downhill on Sunday evening - unless they can get it edited quickly. But it will be on the Red button:
BBC Red button Sunday 18th January
1150-1400 Skiing: Men's Downhill - Wengen
Its going to be a bit odd in Wengen at the Downhill results party tomorrow night without any results! - Still most of the party-goers don't ever watch the race, so they probably wouldn't notice snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 16-01-15 18:30; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Expecting heavy snow this evening - and boy do they need it - so they need time to prepare the downhill piste. It may still be snowing well into tomorrow morning. preparing the slalom piste is much easier after snow. Live TV pictures of the Innerwengen finish area showed a LOT of green/brown aound the edges of the piste this afternoon
ski holidays
Really enjoyed the Supercombination today, great race.
ski holidays
Snowed all night last night in Murren, pistes should be amazing today, shame were away home later Sad
Anyone heading to Murren this week, check out the ski club rep. He's at Almendhubel 10am every morning. Smashing chap, great fun & I'm sure you'll enjoy his company. If you can't meet him there he'll be in Hotel Eiger for breakfast & dinner!
snow report
@suzysue2, doesn't Mürren look beautiful in the snow.....such an improvement from yesterday. Birg area closed due to the storm and avalanche danger so tree line skiing today at Winteregg this morning (now open) before you leave ?
snow report
Ha ha I wish @chris brookes. It would have been lovely if it had snowed a couple of days ago to enable our friends to ski winteregg as its their first time to Murren. The lady struggled a little with some of the other pistes as she's only a 3rd week skier with a foot operation back in August too! She did exceptionally well though, under the circumstances. Hotel staff & guests chuffed to bits with today's snow. Back to Blighty for us in an hour with dreams of returning later in the season (possibly) have fun in the snow & stay safe ⛄️⛄️❄️❄️🏂🎿
snow conditions
Wengen downhill on BBC redbutton tomorrow 11:50 to 14:00. Can't wait. Go out there in 3 weeks. Snow outlook is good for the next week.
snowHead
snow conditions
Quick post on the Inferno 2015 Downhill today .

Night before the race,Devil's parade until he gets a bit burnt at the ice rink

The finish was in the village in front of the Hotel Jungfrau (which im sure they loved, under new management)

Heavy fog today ending at 1500m but above was amazing views as usual -

Great atmosphere at the finish line today -
http://t.co/c1XtGt4Rl7

Another great Inferno (72nd in fact), if you have never attended this...you should as its worth it!! (ps...its slightly snowing at the mo)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy