Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is it too early for the "Omg no snow" thread?

Poster: A snowHead
papasmurf, where?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Switzerland and western austria
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MoodyFFS wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Forecast looks great for everywhere

Balderdash.

Even if everywhere had plenty of snow now, or forecast in next few days, that wouldn't mean it'd still be there in late January, or February, etc etc, does it? The forecast that this thread will run and run is probably more reliable than most of the other forecasts, that's for sure!

Bet you told your kids there was no Santa too...

Good come back Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will warm then freeze the current base laid down today, some more snow next week especially on the 14th.

My favourite long range model also predicts another positive vorticity spike and geopotential trough for 20th of December. (+/- 1 day)

Almost perfect conditions for Christmas.

Shame for those who cancelled.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow-forecast.com says it is hammering down with snow in Val Thorens pretty much all day and all night today. Anyone out there got any evidence to support their claim? A pic of a person snowed in their chalet or buried to the waist in snow, cars snowed in up to the sills etc would be good about now.

Trip leaves in 2 days, this really has been a game of brinksmanship. But in the end the weather gave in. REMEMBER THIS WEATHER! I AM THE WEATHER MONKEY AND YOU WILL FOLLOW MY COMMAND AND SNOW UNTIL YOU CAN SNOW NO MORE! I WILL NOT HAVE THIS INSOLENCE FROM YOU IN FUTURE.

Also anyone with their finger on the pulse of avalanche warnings would be handy, I suspect the risk will be high but I can hope.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nixmap,
Quote:

another positive vorticity spike and geopotential trough

I have no idea what you are on about. But I like the sound of it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MoodyFFS, if you had a holiday booked to one of the resorts which currently has no snow, and/or has postponed it's opening dates, perky messages saying there is no snow problem anywhere anymore would really pee you off. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sanman wrote:
nixmap,
Quote:

Basically exactly what we saw over the last 2 days, a classic spiral low-pressure storm spins its way across europe a whisker north of the Alps. Usually a warm head with a cold tail. There are other factors, but some models can predict these further out then a conventional full scale forecast sometimes up to 20 days, dates tend to be +/- 1 when you gaze into the future that far out.

Other than that you have to observe the behaviour of toads. (Thats easily done in here.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sanman wrote:
nixmap,
Quote:

Basically exactly what we saw over the last 2 days, a classic spiral low-pressure storm spins its way across europe a whisker north of the Alps. Usually a warm head with a cold tail. There are other factors, but some models can predict these further out then a conventional full scale forecast sometimes up to 20 days, dates tend to be +/- 1 when you gaze into the future that far out but are generally right on a broad scale..

Other than that you have to observe the behaviour of toads. (The best site for that is here.)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, depends on those forecasts I suspect... you are too grumpy for my liking...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Re PAM w I,m saying nothing, she ignores me now, pm me if you want to know how I did it!!!

MoodyFFS,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nixmap wrote:
It will warm then freeze the current base laid down today, some more snow next week especially on the 14th.

My favourite long range model also predicts another positive vorticity spike and geopotential trough for 20th of December. (+/- 1 day)

Almost perfect conditions for Christmas.

Shame for those who cancelled.

OK so +/- 2 days. Same deal.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
am at 1800 m, it is raining, all is not lost for this thread
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, am @ 1200 m, and it's snowing, maybe all is lost for this thread? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
reservations down 8% during Christmas

http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/1115/
snow report
davidof wrote:
reservations down 8% during Christmas

http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/1115/

Shameless spam crosslinking a popular thread to your own forum.
snow report
Well it turned out to be ok in the end
ski holidays
chrisb, it's never the end until the EOSB
ski holidays
achilles, Very true... we still have much hope Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Plenty to worry about. We have winter 12/13 ahead.
Any predictions for that yet?
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
Oh don't start, I've just booked my Christmas Zermatt trip
snow conditions
Prediction is for an early start to the 2012/13 season with lots of low altitude snow from mid November. Laughing
latest report
Steilhang wrote:

None yet but scince this record shows I accurately predicted both major snow falls within to +- 1 day more 19 days out I will give prelim forcasts second half of Oktober.

Would be interesting tohave a snow heads prize for the first accurate prediction of a decent snow fall.
Although we would need to agree on criteria for location and depth.

N.
snow report
achilles, Turned out ok then. Looking at people's photos things have been good to the end in France this year. Hope everyone had a great time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy