Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach v Schladming - timid mum, ok dad & 2 mad sons!

Poster: A snowHead
sharon1953, If you ever decide to look at Wengen again, it does have some nightlife, Chillis in the highstreet, the place (its name changes) under the Silberhorn Hotel, Sinas Pub and the Kegelbahn (used to be a bowling alley) there's occasionally one or more others as well, also occasionally a rather good pianist at the Hotel Falken bar for those who enjoy that sort of music, as for the train well yes it's a little slow but it's rarely crowded save one or two trains coming up from Lauterbrunnen and you can easily avoid those, in addition you only use it probably once or at most twice in a day so why worry it's only 25mins
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953, I skied both places in 2005. Both are really good. I noticed that pistes marked as red in Schladming should be only blue in Saalbach. So, if you think of your sons then Saalbach,
of your husband then no difference,
but if you think of yourself then probably Schladming.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kerekip, thanks, and having spent a few hours surfing the net, it doesn't look like there is a decent room to be had in Saalbach, unless it's 2 * or b&b. So might end up in Schladming or just about anywhere!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sharon1953, try Iglu ski. They will search every available hotel in the resort for you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sharon1953, that's a shame. Are you looking at going at half-term?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cathy Coins, No, 25 th Feb, (nothing under £600 that I'd want to stay in)now looking at Hinterglemm, and going DIY, fly to Salzburg then train to Zell am See, then bus or Taxi, works out quite a bit cheaper using tourist office hotels. But trying to marry everything up for 6 people is a logistical nightmare!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sharon1953, that's the week that we're going and we had the same problem several months ago.

It takes about 15 mins by taxi from Zell to get to Saalbach.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hayley t, I can't understand why it's so expensive this year and why it's so booked up! Have found a Hotel in Hinterglemm called "Hotel Hinterglemm" has anyone heard of it?? If this doesn't work will start looking at Zell am See. And there was us thinking we could book last minute when the snow falls!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saalbach is becoming increasingly popular. I wish I had some spare pennies to invest in an apartment there now, as the prices are still quite reasonable, but will go through the roof soon. A 90sq.m apartment 3 bedrooms with balcony is about 210,000 Euros - and that's a hell of alot cheaper than a comparable place in France.

Where's my lottery ticket?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sharon1953, I had a nightmare organising it several months ago but the year before last it was relatively easy. Perhaps the UK operators have fewer rooms allocated to them this year and now, the only rooms left are the expensive ones. I'd go for Hinterglemm which is what we were about to do before we got in the Berger Sport. Have you tried contacting the hotels directly or the tourist board?

Peter B, couldn't agree more! We looked last year and there was a 2 bed flat on the edge of town for £90k.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, we have looked at just about every site including iglu, but found some vacancies through their tourist board site. Now my son is complaining about the price and it's cheaper than the TOp books!! He's going to get left out any minute now Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sharon1953, just go for it. It's worth the extra expense. On the plus side, mountain prices are reasonable so you can make up for the difference in the cost of lunch etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hayley t, Life just gets more complicated, now not sure if the airline we are going to use is ATOL protected!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello sharon1953, I've been to both in the last 3 seasons, both would suit you fine. However, your two sons will find the nocturnal activities more suitable in Saalbach, and has the edge in ski terrain.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hayley t, Ken Lingwood,

It's done, what a nerve racking experience!! Booked the flights to Salzburg, get a train to Zell am See then bus or Taxi to Hinterglemm. Found nice 3 star hotel just off main road - so quieter, near main lift, half board and it's cost us about £200 less than the brochures!! Now we wait and see what the snow does. Thanks for your help, you motivated me do it.
ski holidays
Well done sharon1953! snowHead
latest report
sharon1953, well done! If you've booked the week of 25 Feb we might see you around!
snow report
hayley t, Oh that would be great, yes 25th Feb. Give me your email and I can give you my mobile number.
ski holidays
sharon1953, send me a PM with your details and we can make arrangements. Saalbach is well worth a night out!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy