Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The charms of La Clusaz ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... are described in this piece from US newspaper The Portsmouth Herald.

From my one and only visit to La Clusaz - which is not far from the gorgeous Annecy and its lake - I'd agree with the following:
Quote:
Small towns like La Clusaz can be easily overlooked by foreign travelers lured by better-known resorts nearby that have long lost their local charm and gone global. For the curious traveler seeking more than just fresh powder, the forests, craggy peaks and cozy apres-ski restaurants with local cuisine here offer a true taste of France.

La Clusaz has a variety of runs, from vertical drops, twisting trails, and big bumps that will tempt the experts, to easy slopes winding through fir and birch forests for the novice. That variety makes it a perfect place for families, beginners and groups of friends with different levels of ski abilities.

One ski area of La Clusaz - La Balme - has gradients steep enough to have hosted attempts at the world speed skiing record, though the focus of that event now tends to fall on Les Arcs and, to a lesser extent, Vars.

Anyone else like to add anything about La Clusaz?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might have to give it a try this year when we are in Thollon as it sounds like the sort of resort that we like.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a lovely time there mountain biking two weekends ago. Very attractive town and on a lovely scale, no big apartment blocks.

For the winter, I'd want to be sure of the snow conditions. It strikes me a being a bit too low to risk a long range,long break, but I am tempted by a cheeky weekend when I know there's snow.

You also get a ski bus which links you to Grand Bornand which loooks like an equally interesting ski area.

Other big plus is it's only an hour from GVA.

The sort of deal these guys offer looks very good http://www.karibuni.co.uk/Ski/skiweekend.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a great week there in 1986 (I think) with Uni ski club. Powder most of the week. Nice town, apparently sympathetically developed these days.

But please, let's not draw attention to these lesser known destinations! Keep em for the locals! (Or ME!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy