Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
robapplegate, actually it appears that snow is due everyday that week. Might only be a bit but at least it will keep the pistes fresh.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
espri wrote:

The German version gives a fuller list of the lifts that will be open.

Thanks espri, they've updated the English version now also. (Looks like they're going through a site revamp as some of the links now go to the wrong places, too...)
http://www.schmitten.at/en/slope-conditions.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
12cm forecast for Mayrhofen today.. Not snowing! Just clouds.. Boooo!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timmaah, it's coming http://www.wetter.at/wetter/wetterradar
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

That was the view of the Steinbergkogel and Ehrenbachhöhe in the Kitzbühel area this afternoon, a complete change from yesterday's sun. About half past two it started to snow lightly. Down in Kirchberg it was rather rain or sleet but in Fieberbrunn it was snowing moderately and there was already a light covering of snow on the roads. That seems to be thawing now and the sun is forecast to be back tomorrow. However, it looks like being colder from the end of the week. We could certainly use more snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only about a couple of centimetres of new snow fell on Monday night but on Tuesday the snow cannons were working full blast and the snow conditions were better. It was mostly cloudy yesterday but the weather was perfect for the last day of our course today, blue skies and a warm sun. Snow was still reasonably good except where it was worn away. The photo below shows the view from the Berggasthof Hochbrunn towards the Steinbergkogel (in the Kitzbühel/Kirchberg ski area).

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was it raining or snowing low down in Austria tonight?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timmaah wrote:
Was it raining or snowing low down in Austria tonight?

Not here in Fieberbrunn. Early this morning there was a sort of freezing fog which is lifting now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But about an hour ago it started to snow, lightly at first then more heavily, though it has eased off again now (at 860 metres). The weather forecast promises more snow for the weekend after a mild Friday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpbach webcams showing snow and looks like has opened up too!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timmaah, It is snowing hard in Flachau and has been snowing on and off the past 24 hours. We are expecting a huge storm in the next 48 hours but it does not seem very stormy to me, just snowing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied today in Fieberbrunn with Dutch and Austrian friends. Pistes were pretty empty. The snow was quite good higher up, heavy off-piste, and got rather stodgy and sticky in the afternoon while it was still warm. Lower down there were a considerable number of scraped bits but still skiable. The area was only about half open and, frustratingly, the new Reckmoos Nord gondola wasn't running, supposedly because of high winds although we only felt a few relatively gentle gusts. The storm hasn't reached here yet and it was only raining this evening.

Here a photo of the Wildalpgatterl restaurant (recommended) with the Loferer and Leoganger Steinberge in the background, taken fom the top of the Zillstatt button lift.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any news from the ski-welt area - Soll / Sheffau / Elmau? Interested on a view of how the season has started, having missed out on the major dumpation that the West has enjoyed. Any pics?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any news from Zellamsee ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RetroBod wrote:
Any news from the ski-welt area - Soll / Sheffau / Elmau? Interested on a view of how the season has started, having missed out on the major dumpation that the West has enjoyed. Any pics?

50cm snow and has 50 of the 91 lifts open

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=LifteOffen,DESC
snow report
DB wrote:
50cm snow and has 50 of the 91 lifts open

How does this compare to this time last year?
ski holidays
Any reports on mayrhofen? Any know when the vans park opens?
ski holidays
RetroBod, Why does that matter? Each year is different and currently I would hazard a guess that you can't travel back through time. wink

As I remember it was also about the same possibly a wee bit better as we had good early snow but less and less as the season progressed. Söll is one of my "backyard" resorts and I often go over around New Year to play for a few hours.
ski holidays
Just a quick update on Westendorf.

Currently, there are only 2 lifts open, the Alpenrosenbahn gondola up to the top of the talkaser and the drag lift at the top which opens up a grand total of 2 runs, 1 red, 1 blue. Snow conditions at the top were quite nice, enough snow, no rocks/grass showing through, nice powder off the sides of the runs (pretty much all tracked out now) and a fair amount of man made snow by the cannons to catch out the unwary. Unfortunatley, everything else is rubbish. the blue run down is closed due to lack of snow, the nursery was closed for the same reason (although i think they are hoping to open it up today). in short, still in desperate need of snow.

off to brixen or soll today, so will see what else the Skiwelt has to offer, heres hoping!
latest report
Its just started snowing! Seems the man upstairs reads snowheads!
snow report
So.

It's snowing hard in Innsbruck, at valley level. Driving up to Hungerburg was interesting, nearly got side-swiped by a BMW. Here at Hungerburg (800m) it's puking. A good 10cms in the last 2/3 hours. No sign of it stopping. Supposed to go to a party now, not sure we can get back after...

I think it's fair to say Nordkette may be absolutelyoffthescalementalepic tomorrow. I think my first turns of the season may well smash me in the face with a load of white orgasmic goodness. GoPro and camera charging.

Touchwood (my own, right now, I'm that excited), it keeps snowing all night. Booyah.
ski holidays
In Seefeld (1200 m above sea level) about 70 cms of snow (old and fresh by the eye) in the village. All trees with snowballs. Snowig tomorrow and the day after. looks really great.
latest report
Quote:

Touchwood (my own, right now, I'm that excited), it keeps snowing all night

clarky999, Laughing Laughing Laughing Hope it snows all night for you. But don't stay that excited all night; it's v bad for you. wink
ski holidays
clarky999, I had to drive back to Salzburg from Innsbruck last night, had to stop the car in a service station as I couldn´t tell where the road was anymore, very very scary Shocked in all my years of being here i have never seen a snowstorm like that!
snow report
kooky, how's my slopes lookin'? wink
snow report
alicia,

Look at the webcam on http://www.schmitten.at/de/service/panorama-cams.html

Looks good! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, INCREDIBLE!!! We have had such a dump here, I will take some pics for you tomorrow, just heading out to the Night slalom now, but believe me.......there is massive amounts of fresh Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Leave some for us. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, you seem a little early for the night slalom Smile
latest report
kooky, still chucking it down here too. I am in the office again tomorrow and am starting to wonder if I'll make it up the hill to the village without having to put the chains on! Shocked

Make sure Marcel Hirscher wins tonight by the way! You can distract all the others though and give Aksel a big hug and smacker from me too Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, first run is at 3.30 and a friend of mine is the forerunner, he is so nervous so I want to go over and wind him up a bit Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
kooky, is that at Flachau? I have seen the lights on the webcam (through the falling snow)
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, yep, 2nd run at 18.30 so the place will be lit right up!!!
latest report
Sounds like a great night. Enjoy, hope your mate does well. Forecast looking fab; snow right up to sunday (our first day on the slopes) and then sunshine!!!!!!!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, see you on Monday most probably!
latest report
Weeeel now, that was a lot of snow!! 50cms fresh at Seegrube, must have been around 70 at Hafelekar (Nordkette). UNfortunately I forgot to change my phone from British to Austrian time, so woke up/got to the lifts an hour later than planned, and everything (literally everything) had already been schralped. That's the problem with Nordkette, too many bad-ass Innsbruck locals. So after one run down at around 10/10.30am, headed over to Axamer Lizum. Whilst the place was beautifully empty, it had had far less snow, maybe 10-20cms. The goods were still there to be had in the drifted sections though! Shame visibility was so low, I don't know the place very well yet (haven't been since I was 12!), so turned away from some very tempting snow as we just didn't know what was below. Lots of really good skiing though, even on the pisted bits there was plenty of powder. The place very obviously has a lot of offpiste potential though, looking forward to getting to know it better now it's on the Freizeitticket.

Great first day back on skis, although I must be getting old as never felt so rusty and unfit! Going through the GoPro footage, but looks like I screwed that up too (after telling someone the other day you'd ahve to be an idiot to mess up the settings rolling eyes ). Will try and salvage some and get more tomorrow.

Still snowing at Axamer and here at Hungerburg (suburb above Innsbruck), not as heavily as last night atm, but may pick up again later. Trying to decide where to head tomorrow...
snow conditions
Okay so who's been refreshing the webcams and Schmitten.at too often? The site's down now!
latest report
Plenty of snow in Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller and (presumably) Kaltenbach, it's been snowing all day and all of/most of last night by the looks of things, think about 30 cms must have fallen today at a guess. Good cover everywhere more or less and more snow is due tomorrow. Anyone coming out next week should have a nice time.
snow report
Snowing heavily again - even heavier than yesterday. Driving up to Hungerburg from Innsbruck was pretty cool - snow avalanching off trees onto the windscreen, a fiat sliding off the road into someone's drive, and a dude with a brand new BMW 5 Series pulled in to the side waiting for the snowplough. Meanwhile the gf's trusty 22 year old Opel Astra had no problems Cool

Think tomorrow may be an alright day...
ski holidays
And it's _still_ snowing. Following yesterday's dump I must have cleared a good foot off the top of the car yesterday evening - and it looks like another 6" has come down overnight. Should be fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy