Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Instructor's Attitude Problem

Poster: A snowHead
Rabbie wrote:
Ouch! wrote:
Being rude to people seems to be the way of life in French ski resorts (and Scotland for that matter).

And the English are always so polite especially behind your back or when they are driving rolling eyes

Actually I dont think that the alleged behaviour of one person is sufficient to justify smearing a whole country. In my lifetime I have met many pleasant people from all countries and some rude unpleasant ones from the same countries. There are god and bad in all places so let's avoid these unpleasant generalisations

Couldn't agree more, but I repeat: no nation does grumpy quite like the Scots. No surprise really that Basil Fawlty was based on a real life Scot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gerry wrote:
Dr John wrote:
@Gerry, the South of England is packed with economic refugees from The North of England. How do you square that one exactly?

Northerners are generally less rude and less ignorant.

so..... they steal your car wheels with a smile Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rabbie, there's no need to bring the good Lord into it! Madeye-Smiley

@Gerry, so what area of Southern England are you from Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

Near you. Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

No surprise really that Basil Fawlty was based on a real life Scot.

Actually, @Gerry, Basil Fawlty was based on an Irish-born Englishman.

Not getting our facts checked very well this afternoon are we, old bean?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eddiethebus wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Dr John wrote:
@Gerry, the South of England is packed with economic refugees from The North of England. How do you square that one exactly?

Northerners are generally less rude and less ignorant.

so..... they steal your car wheels with a smile Confused

Cheer up, Victor.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rabbie, There are god and bad in all places so let's avoid these unpleasant generalisations.......there's no need to bring the good Lord into it! Laughing

@Gerry, Northerners are generally less rude and less ignorant...so what part of Southern England are you from@Gerry, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

@Gerry, Northerners are generally less rude and less ignorant...so what part of Southern England are you from@Gerry, Laughing Laughing

Near you. Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gerry wrote:
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

Near you. Wink

you've left your fridge door open gazzared.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

No surprise really that Basil Fawlty was based on a real life Scot.

Actually, @Gerry, Basil Fawlty was based on an Irish-born Englishman.

...with two Scottish parents. Wink

Run along and check that fact for me, old son.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

you've left your fridge door open gazzared.......

being from West Sussex, i can afford the extra electric wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gerry, still, English.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
@Rabbie, ...there's no need to bring the good Lord into it! Laughing

:

Given all the things that have been going on in the World over the last 100 years or so then i'm not sure how good he is. Prefer ski instructors personally.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gerry wrote:
under a new name wrote:
Basil Fawlty was based on an Irish-born Englishman.

So basically we're all w@nkers, except the Welsh (and of course we all know why they don't need to be w@nkers wink rolling eyes)

As I'm a Londoner, living with a Scotsman, in a French ski resort I think I get to be extra rude and am thus entitled to point out what an absolute prick Ouch! is for that post above wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@miranda, Laughing
ski holidays
miranda wrote:
Gerry wrote:
under a new name wrote:
Basil Fawlty was based on an Irish-born Englishman.

So basically we're all w@nkers, except the Welsh (and of course we all know why they don't need to be w@nkers wink rolling eyes)

As I'm a Londoner, living with a Scotsman, in a French ski resort I think I get to be extra rude and am thus entitled to point out what an absolute prick Ouch! is for that post above wink

. Smile ^
latest report
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

Typos do give the wrong impression don't they. Embarassed
latest report
I always think that when folk generalise on people being rude it is more of a reflection on the person than the group they are talking about.
latest report
T Bar wrote:
I always think that when folk generalise on people being rude it is more of a reflection on the person than the group they are talking about.
hear hear
snow report
I always think that when folk get huffy about folk generalising on people being rude it is more a sense of humour failure on the part of the person(s) getting huffy Toofy Grin
latest report
halfhand wrote:
I always think that when folk get huffy about folk generalising on people being rude it is more a sense of humour failure on the part of the person(s) getting huffy Toofy Grin

I always find that when people claim a failure of sense of humour in other s about people getting huffy about people getting rude that I begin to lose the plot.
snow conditions
@halfhand, so you presumably think the above generalisations are humorous? Confused Confused
snow conditions
@T Bar, Laughing
ski holidays
We can all be w@nkers and we can all be nice, the real skill is ensuring we talk to other people when they are not in w@nker mode Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
@halfhand, so you presumably think the above generalisations are humorous? Confused Confused

Come on, old thing, the Scots are well known for producing some superbly gruff old gits. See Victor Meldrew for a excellent montage of such fellows.

We're all British and we take take a bit of piss taking from each other.
ski holidays
@speed098, +1
latest report
We're all individuals!
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:

Yep. You, of all people, should have worked Gerry out by now. These are like Saturday night at the Apollo compared to some of his more fruity rejoinders. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ALQ wrote:
We're all individuals!

I'm not.
latest report
halfhand wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Yep. You, of all people, should have worked Gerry out by now. These are like Saturday night at the Apollo compared to some of his more fruity rejoinders. Very Happy

Let me just point out that my old dad was a 100% pure bred Scot. He was also as gruff as they come (the war might have had something to do with that) and was a misery guts for 75% of the time. For the remaining 25% he was asleep.

Lighten up people.
latest report
If proof were needed about grizzly Scottish ski instructors, how could we forget Grumpy George? Featured in The Snow Show, presented by Muriel Gray, back in the late 1980s / early 1990s.
See George dispensing sound advice in a grumpy Caledonian style, 10 minutes into this clip...

http://youtube.com/v/XkujvmlL85E

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Gerry, +1 Laughing
latest report
...do you think he might have been the same Scottish ESF instructor who was booing the English rugby team at Murrayfield a couple of weeks ago? rolling eyes
latest report
Hahahaha "good pole use is actually very simple. It's just stabbing the ground with a pointed stick".
snow report
Grumpy Scot in the infamous "red jacket"... well done you for the audacity but I, personally, would not be troubling him for his thoughts on the weather whilst he's working Confused

snow report
Talking about Scotland and God. It's a well known fact that when God created Scotland, He looked down on it with great satisfaction. Finally he called the Archangel Gabriel to have a look.
"Just see," said God. "This is the best yet. Splendid mountains, beautiful scenery, brave men, fine women, nice cool weather. And I've given them beautiful music and a special drink called whisky. Try some."
Gabriel took an appreciative sip. "Excellent," he said. "But haven't you perhaps been too kind to them? Won't they be spoiled by all these things?"
"Just wait till you see the neighbours they're getting," said God. wink
snow conditions
Quote:

nice cool weather

Laughing
ski holidays
@dode, Very good.
ski holidays
intermediate wrote:
If proof were needed about grizzly Scottish ski instructors, how could we forget Grumpy George? Featured in The Snow Show, presented by Muriel Gray, back in the late 1980s / early 1990s.
See George dispensing sound advice in a grumpy Caledonian style, 10 minutes into this clip...

http://youtube.com/v/XkujvmlL85E

Madeye-Smiley

Fun looking back at that, ended up watching much of the episode. George was the trainer on my first BASI course, a couple of years before appearing on that programme IIRC.
latest report
Dr John wrote:
yup, they are the cheerful; ones. You can recognize them on the tube as they chat to other folks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy