Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort for next season

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so it must be 24 degrees outside and here I am thinking about next season's big trip?

Just looking for a few ideas.

Group of 6 (possibly)

Johnboy - Crest Voland* 2 weeks, Flaine/ Les Carroz 1 week, Morzine 1 week, PassoTonale 1 week, Livigno 1 week, Alpe D'Huez 1 week, Sunshine/ Lake Louise 10 days, Soll 1 week. (Some experience of Scotland)

Mrs JB - Crest Voland 1 week, Passo 1 week, Livigno 1 week, Alpe D 1 week, Sunshine/LL 10 days, Soll 1 week

Will- Pas de la Cassa 1 week, Passo 1 week, Livigno 1 week, Alpe D 1 week (Some experience of Scotland) Has been to the darkside, but I brought him back Very Happy

Will's Bitch - Livigno 1 week, Alpe D 1 week.

Andy- 1 week Alpe D (Doing very well for just a week)

Mrs Andy 1 week Alpe D (A bit nervous)

Need somewhere to suit this lot. Chalet or H/B Budget < £600 incl lift pass/ ski hire
Preferably flying out of Belfast.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon you'd enjoy Courmayeur. Don't know if Interski can help from Belfast, but they have a big operation there including BASI ski school and equipment rental, hotels etc.

Worth getting their brochure, anyway.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you have any dates in mind ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not really as of yet. We usuall ski mid-end of January as it's cheaper. Don't think I can wait till March
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you can get flights why not try Switzerland or Austria? It'll be different from the previous places you've been. White Weeks from Austrian Hotels will be cheapest, the last one we did was with a couple of friends in the Stubai, close enough to Innsbruck for a taxi from the airport to be cheap and an all in deal at the hotel for under 300 quid with lift pass and HB per person.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, I think you should come here - plenty to please all that lot. There are tour op chalets (mostly not very well placed) which should be cheap in January, or I know a couple of large apartments which might suit. Cheap flights from London, maybe you can get a good deal from Ireland to London? Ryanair do a lot to/from Dublin I know. We are approx. 3 hours drive from Geneva (mostly motorway), 4 hours from Nice and Marseille and 1.5 from Grenoble and Chambery. 2 from Lyon. Checkout resort info on www.easiski.com and www.les2alpes.com. Lift company website is www.2alpes.com - very confusing!!!
latest report
 brian
brian
Zermatt, beautiful town, fabulous scenery, great skiing.

Fly Belfast - Geneva (say 100 quid)
Swiss transfer ticket (50 odds ?)
lift pass (expensive, 150+)
hotel, eg. Bellavista 3* <£50 pppn in January

There are cheaper hotels so you should be able to hit your budget.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can get all-in deals for Zermatt as well, may work out fairly cheap particularly off peak season. Tourist office speak English and they'll reply to emails. There's a very good English ski school there as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My apartment is a tad small for 6 adults, but Serre Chevalier is lovely anyway.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The only possible problem with flying out of Belfast is what time you get to your destination, e.g the Easyjet flight does not get to Geneva until 21.05 Which might make onward travel difficult however on the bright side the departure times are slightly later (quick turnround I guess) so you should be able to get a full days skiing in on your last day
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, we have that prob with Newcastle flights.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone - mr johnboy is in charge of the arrangements...
Confused
Zermatt sounds good - how far is it from Geneva?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs johnboy, I have booked with total ski for christams IN Zermatt and they say transfer from Geneva is 2hrs or 2 1/2hrs not sure which with 10mins on the train.

But.. other tour operators I have seen upto 4hours, not sure I understand.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2hrs does sound a bit optimistic to me, although it's a journey I never have to do. But, I know it takes me at least a couple from Vevey which is at least an hour from Geneva so at least three hours sounds more reasonable.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
I did GVA-Taesch (you're not allowed to drive the last few miles to Zermatt) in 2hrs 20 last season but it was late evening so quiet roads. Jumped in a cab and then electric cab and were in our hotel in about another 25 mins or so.
latest report
Mrs johnboy, Get back to work Very Happy
snow conditions
Geneva Airport to Zermatt is about 3.5 to 4 hours by train the only problem for Johnboy being that the last connecting train is at 18.01, the first in the morning is at 06.27
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy