Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go on holiday! Help me choose!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon Very Happy

Well, it's 1 week since my first skiing holiday and I'm desperate to book another week in March but no idea where to go!!!

I've just been to Morzine / Avoriaz for a week and loved it. Loved the feeling of the town and how beautiful the area is. I was skiing mainly blues and then reds towards the end of the week and there was plenty of choice of runs to keep me busy for the week. I had a great time and I'm so tempted to just go back there but think I should look to go somewhere different!

I will be after half board accomodation (for 2), probibly the week starting 12 March. Want somewhere with decent skiing for my level, and ideally not too far from the airport as I don't fancy a long transfer!

It can be any country really, again don't want to fly too far!

Where would you recommend I look to going?

Thanks x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Cervinia in Italy it has some great wide fairly easy red runs, it is about an hour from Turin airport. The town itself is nothing special but plenty to do and the scenery is stunning with matterhorn constantly in view.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, as you are so enthused about skiing and want to improve, you might look at the holidays run by UCPA (Action Outdoors sell them in the UK and arrange travel) because good quality tuition, ski hire and full board are all included in the price. All the feedback on snowheads is positive (my son in law has done 3 hols with them too, and my daughter 1). The seem to offer outstanding value
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Millie10, for that week (after French hols if you were thinking of France) you could probably wait to see what the snow is like and book a late deal. Your first ski holiday can be quite intoxicating with all that fantastic scenery but there are lots and lots of places with the same or even better! That said, we went straight back to our first destination but now make sure that we also try other places too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. Currentl;y sat trawling through holiday options. I'm so bad at decisions!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

you could probably wait to see what the snow is like and book a late deal.

good advice. The snow conditions at the moment are far better in most of Austria than in most of France - but by then, the situation could be the opposite.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zell am See in Austria would seem a good choice, very old fashioned town centre and set at the side of a huge lake. Skiing is good for beginners and there are plenty of blue runs and wide open red runs at the Sonnenalm.

Again late booking might be a better idea as the snow conditions could change (should be fine then though) but if worst comes to worst your lift pass would cover the glacier at Kaprun, so there will always be somewhere to ski.

Transfer is fine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy