Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste / Park - ski length question! Please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've skied for about 10 years and am probably a very good intermediate standard. I carve the piste hard and fast but also like messing around in the park and popping off the side of the piste, 180's, skiing backwards etc. Always have hired race/piste skis but now want something that offers a little more in the park. Saying that, 75% of my skiing will still be fast piste skiing.

My wife is getting me skis for christmas (delayed I know) and I'm probably going to get either Scott Punisher or Salomon Suspect (unless anyone recommends anything else???). Which do people recommend?

I'm also worried about getting them too long - what size do I get (bearing in mind I'm 5'10", 13 stone and I usually have 165-168 piste skis) - the scott's are 172 - is that too long?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
too short I would've said
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Scott Punisher

gets my vote Very Happy

they will ski about 5cm shorter being twins so they could be a little on the short side for you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, but presumably the 182's will be too long? Just on the basis that I've never skied on skis that long. don't want it to be ruined!

desicions decisions!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bateface9 wrote:
Saying that, 75% of my skiing will still be fast piste skiing.

Not the Suspects, then. And kevindonkleywood makes a very good point about twin-tips skiing shorter than the piste skis which you've used before.

Can you get to a Snowdome to test a few pairs? I know it's not the same as the real thing, but you can get a fairly good idea about how you personally get along with the ski...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the Punishers. 182. I'm 85kg and 6'2". They do ski short being twins so more like 177. If you are doing more off-piste then go longer than you think. They're really good on-piste, quick edge to edge and will blast through most stuff. Off-piste they are pretty good but lack real float. You have to work harder.

But with any all mountain ski you have to compromise performance for versatility.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm 5 foot 9 and just over 70kg, i've demoed the suspect and punisher back to back in a snowdome. Punisher was a much better ski (suspect could be better for freestyle, I wouldn't know as I'm crap at it), the 172 was a tad short fro me. Fun ski though, if a little soft.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy