Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hands Free

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From earlier posts it seems that the 3 valleys are going 'hands free' over the next couple of years, does anyone know if the 'passes' are going to be re-useable and transferable from area to area eg, If I ski in Val Thorens for a week in January would the same 'pass' be re-programmable for a week in Les Arcs in April?
There was grand plans for a Swiss Pass by swatch along these lines, did anything come of them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, I would presume so. The passes I got in Saas Fee & Verbier last year are both 're-useable/rechargeable'.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hands free systems I've used in Austria, on Ski Welt and in Obergurgl, you pay a small deposit on the card (~3 euro) and return it at the end of the week. The cards are locally 'branded' from what I remember. So although there may be a theoretical possibility of re-use in different areas, the way I have seen this implemented in Austria suggests that its not the way they prefer to go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The keycard system used in Serre Chevalier is compatible with Swatch Snowpass, and also a glove (cna't remember which one) which contains a chip for hands free. There are a few different systems though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Similar to Ian's experiences. Whenever I've skied in an area that has hands free, they charge a deposit on the card, and then when you return it, they can "rent" it out to the next customer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, in fact, round Grindelwald you keep the pass and can load it over the internet which is pretty cool.

boredsurfin, the Swiss pass you're think of may be the Valais-Ski-Card
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, you can download Serre Che's online too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont wrote:
and also a glove
erm, this might warrant a pedantry warning but this is no longer going to be "hands free" then is it? Although, I suppose U could keep the glove in your pocket Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to illustrate the last point, here are

free hands
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No David, that's three hands.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK

fork 'andles, then*
---------------