Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

awake as supervising my 16 yr old who is asleep clutching the big white phone for the first time after being out with 2 older girls in our party and the chalet staff

She's obviously a late developer.... Little Angel

I had a similar experience with my youngest when she was 14, big sis(all of 15 at the time) got the blame for leading her younger sibling astray wink

Sorry to hear of your burst pipes, no party for you at New Year but a lot of aggravation Sad

Merry Christmas
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman,

Nice. More importantly, did the lad pull?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No pull, but some funny stories.
There has been 15-35 cm during the part 2 days with some places getting more than others. Not a massive fall. Some nice skiing both on and off piste. I think a dry and sunny few days will see a dump needed.
Today was cold, still and mainly poor viz. A reasonable week in the end, no real injuries but lots of flu type stuff that took the edge off for a few. Would we return - oh yes Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grenoble airport is awful in almost every aspect.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arrived on Sat after a nightmare journey through France, snowed continuously from Dunkirk to Lyon on Fri but at least there were masses of snowploughs keeping the Autoroute open. Snowed all of Saturday and most of Sunday very cold in resort -10 according to the car's temp gauge. Today not too bad to day although not as sunny as the meteoo promised, it also says that the next 3 days will be sunny. Snow pretty much everywhere but Fontaine Froide not open and 2 runs up on the col not open. Loooks like a reasonable week for anyone who managed to get here, have been told by local chalet operatosr that there are lots of rooms paid for but not occupied as guests haven't arrived.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not such a good day today, the meteo was very confused as to what the weather would be, summed up as some of everything but we haven't seen any sun. Snowed all day so far but very wet and poor visisbility, had hoped to get over to La Thuile, as the weather in Italy can be very different, it was, the wind was blowing hard so we turned round and settled in LeMckinley for a few drinks. Off to a cocktail party tonight to celebrate the 50th anniversary 0f the resort so it'll be sod's law that tomorrow will be fine and we won't feel like skiing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A fantastic day today, sunny, warmer at least in La Rsoiere, La Thuile was as usual 3-4 degrees colder, snow in superb nick so a day to cover as much ground as possible. Had lunch in Le Rascard which seems to be on form, we've had a couple of fairly indifferent meals there but today was terrific and such good value. All in all just the sort of day to expect in La Rosiere.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Conditions are holding up well, Blue skies and bright sun but very cold down to -17c
pistes are hard pack, off piste is crusty.
San Bernardo and Italy are in slightly better condition.
Next forecast for snow is Friday but lets see, one thing I have found out been here is don't relay on the forecast past a couple of days.

I will try to keep you updated more often but the wifi is a pain. and my phone text thing is not working.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow still holding up very well, Blue skies bright sunshine but a very cold wind. -12c

On piste is mostly hard pack slightly softer from midday

Off piste is hard crust layer, not too clever.

Not a lot of new snow forecasted over the next few days and what has been did not show up.

We apparently have the best conditions in the alps and people are been bussed here from other resorts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader,

At least there is some skiing, we leave for La Rosiere tomorrow morning, stopping in Chambery on Friday evening then driving into La Ros on Saturday Morning. Is it busy like half term with all the extra being bused in, i hope not.

Any burglars reading this, i have left my 3 year old German Shepherd dog at home being looked after my my 62 year old mother in law. If you break in you will have to face the wrath of both, personally i would be more happy with the GSD chewing my leg off, than the mother in law chewing your ear off!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing on the italian side. (via SMS)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
We apparently have the best conditions in the alps

Who'd have thought eh, in La Ros?

Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, I bet you lot thought me and DavidL were yanking your chain. FWIW, if you remember your comment about polling (suspect the guide was at fault) now that Tom is a boarder there are certain runs that he avoids like the polling plague!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
We apparently have the best conditions in the alps and people are been bussed here from other resorts.

interesting....having just been and skied in some lovely fresh tracks in AN OTHER resort last weekend, where a local guide told me the same thing...ie the place I was in had the best snow in the Alps!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If they are bussing people in, I wonder where from?
snow conditions
kitenski, Why not just tell us where you were Puzzled
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, Why not just tell us where you were Puzzled

Voila
snow report
back now, La ros is in poor conditions, it did not get any of the snow. San Barnardo area was whiteout and Thuile was the best conditions with a small amount of snow fall. The real problem is the strong cold wind. hopefully some snow will come soon.
snow conditions
kitenski, I suspect the poster was referring to the French Alps and the Swiss bloke to the Swiss alpy bit Very Happy

The Austrian Alps are of course in even better nick! (generalisation alert)
snow report
I don't think La Ros is alone - is there anywhere in the French alps which has seen significant snow in the past few weeks?
snow report
bad news. Ultra high winds have closed most of the Runs only tetras and les eucherts open atm. Bring your extra layers (via SMS)
snow conditions
pam w, Serre Chevalier had 50cm on the 10th Jan, but nothing but a dusting since. Meteo France does suggest a little bit overnight.
ski holidays
Dwarf Vader, Shocked I didn't think there was much wind around at the moment - but if there's any anywhere, La Ros is sure to catch it!

Hells Bells, I think Serre Chevalier did better than many on that last dump - we only had about 20 cms I think. Just as well it came when it did, though.
latest report
pam w, absolutely. I think a lot of rain fell before then too.
snow conditions
Most pistes open again. Fresh snow in italy (via SMS)
snow report
Good conditions in the Col and Thuile, la Ros is a little bare.
The high winds have now dropped off which makes the bluebird skies even more pleasurable.
No snow predicted for the week maybe some at weekend.
ski holidays
High cloud today and warming up. the 5 day weather report states the Freeze level is jumping through the 3000metre level this weekend so fingers crossed it is wrong.
piste conditions are good as it's softening up but as to how long that will last is anyone's guess.
latest report
If everyone in La Rosiere could please open all their fridges and freezers and keep the temperature down and keep that snow I would greatly appreciate it - 13 of us arriving out a week tomorrow and the thought of this holiday is the only thing that has been keeping us sane for the last 6 months!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got back from a week in La Rosiere, arrived on Saturday 29th Jan, it was windy and very cold, The wind stopped on Tuesday. The snow on La Ros side is okay but patches are appearing and a couple of lower runs are shut.

However the saving grace was on the La Thuile side, the snow is far better, having had 5cm on weekend of 28th/29th Jan. We ski'd over to La Thuile from La Ros on Monday 31st Jan and also the Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and Friday of last week.

The first couple of days there was still snow on the pine trees as we skiid down the long red run into La Thuile and it was very pretty and snow is okay.

As we left it was clear blue sky and temperature of 0C, it was giving similar conditions for this coming week.

If it stays the same i think this coming week will be okay, but head for la Thuile for better conditions.

Yes we liked La Ros, all 12 of us but preferred the cheaper bar prices in La Thuile, especially the retaurant at the bottom of the slopes in La Thuile next to the Gondola.

we are thinking of going to La Thuile next year as prices for food and drink definitely cheaper, a half litre caraffe of red wine at the restaurant at the top of the cable car in la Thuile was 3 euro!!!
latest report
It's been very warm these last few days but now it's cooling back down.
Pistes still holding up well. Best conditions are in the coll/San Bernardo's area and Italy.
La Ros is beginning to show bare parches on some run's ridge lines.

Conflicting reports but it looks like some precipitation on Sunday/Monday and with the freezing level dropping lets cross our fingers.
ski holidays
looks like the expected snow is moving out slightly, but more prolonged.
Not a big dump, but it appears snowfall late Monday through to Wednesday.

fingers so crossed it hurts.
snow report
Bright blue skies again today, Runs are now suffering even in la Thuile.
snow report
Most Runs open again. Piste workers doing a fantastic job. Cooling down (via SMS)
snow conditions
We've arrived, looks like we could do with a bit of snow, forecast is for some Monday on lets hope so.
latest report
So my sms did not arrive.

Snowing at last, lets see if we get enough. Slopes a lot busier but I'm sure they are not as bad as some resorts.
snow report
light snow but very cold wind. (via SMS)
snow conditions
Dwarf Vader, hope it keeps snowing all night. Are you working next week, do you fancy meeting for a beer and maybe go out on some of this powder we are getting. I will be around your way some days next week. Very Happy
snow report
la ros is very windy. Italy great snow but white out at altitude. (via SMS)
snow report
Dwarf Vader, thanks for the updates. Presumably there's only been a sprinkling of fresh snow?
ski holidays
I'm out to La Ros on Saturday, my first visit. Expectations are predictably high....(is the glacier signposted ? Is everyone beautiful there ? No need to ask if the snow is perfect of course)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy