Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas-Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help required - considering Saas Fee with Ski Espirit next January as a means of getting my non-skiing wife and 4 year old daughter who hasn't skiied yet. I know it's not a very big resort compared to my normal haunts of 3V and Tignes etc, but it seems a good compromise for charm, things for non skiiers to do, including lots of gondolas for access to mountain resturants for pedestrians and a chikd friendly operator. Thought and experiences on both Saas-Fee and Ski Espirit please. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew,

I have some friends who have been with Ski Espirit twice who have two boys aged 5+6 and have nothing but praise for Ski Espirit and their proffesionalism! Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wrote a report on our trip to Saas Fee here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=110802

Although we weren't complete in our investigation of the mountain restaurants there were a number that reminded me most of down at heel transport cafes. One hill, served by a gondola, is given over to sledging and walking - we certainly had a very pleasant walk down; the glacier which has been carved out and makes an entertaining afternoon, accessed by gondola. The walk to Saas Almagell, stopping off at the Bodmen restaurant, with its indoor cute (live) animal display is good too. The village itself is nice, certainly the nicest I've stayed in, there are some old barns on toadstool stones and a couple of fancy hotels dating from the old Grand Tour days. I think there is a modern sports centre as well.

We stayed at the Hotel Bristol, which is right next to the nursery slopes, reasonably priced and convenient. Not the most spacious or luxurious, but we would go back if we were returning to Saas Fee. The only thing that would hold us back from returning is the relatively limited ski=ing, although we didn't take advantage of Saas Grund and Saas Almagell which are accessable by ski coach or the TO's day trip to Zermatt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saas Fee has wonderful nursery slopes for beginner skiers. We went as third week skiers in 2003 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The village is really lovely. We stayed in the Fierenart Hotel which was fabulous.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help folks ....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevew wrote:
Help required - considering Saas Fee with Ski Espirit next January as a means of getting my non-skiing wife and 4 year old daughter who hasn't skiied yet. I know it's not a very big resort compared to my normal haunts of 3V and Tignes etc, but it seems a good compromise for charm, things for non skiiers to do, including lots of gondolas for access to mountain resturants for pedestrians and a chikd friendly operator. Thought and experiences on both Saas-Fee and Ski Espirit please. Puzzled

The resort itself will seem fairly big if you're at the wrong end of it from the lifts and nursery slopes. But if you rent your gear from the shop at the bottom of the nursery slopes (sorry, can't remember the name) you can leave it there and stroll through the village in trainers.

That aside, Saas Fee is an excellent choice for introducing your wife and and daughter to the sport, for the reasons you said. My daughters liked the revolving restaurant (not cheap but the static ones aren't either) and the gravity-powered rollercoaster (two-person cars, you have a brake to control your speed).

We didn't find the piste skiing as limited as the raw numbers suggest, I think because every km was open and with good snow (this was pre-Xmas a few seasons ago). Slopes less busy than 3V or Tignes and the layout means you're never more than one long run from non-skiing companions in the village. Our daughters (7 and 5 then, their second week) went to the ski school in the morning and skied/played with us in the afternoon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy