Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Esprit Random Question

Poster: A snowHead
I have seen various reports on here from people using Esprit

My random questions are about stuff provide in the Chalet Hotels.

Are towels provided? How many, how big and how good are they?

Also do they provide any shampoo and or soap?

I normally take at least one bath sheet and I hate the small towels normally provided but our bagage allowance is shared 3 between 4 as we have an infant still in nappies, so every gram counts.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the twice we've stayed with Esprit, they definitely provided towels/shampoo/soap. I seem to recall them being generous with the number of towels and of decent size.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wonderful, thanks for.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
3 Esprit holidays:

Towels, yes. Size, more than large enough and perfectly up to the job - changed mid-week (going back 6 years).
Soap, yes - don't recall any shampoo, but I always take my own so it didn't stick in my mind.

Where are you planning on going with Esprit?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
6 esprit holidays never had an issue with the supply of towels in any hotel, chalet, chalet hotel
not all provide soap and stuff like that though
never had a problem getting extra towels or pillows etc if required.
never any problems getting milk for the little ones either
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. Crystal 2000, Courchevel 1850. It is new to them this year and we are going on Sunday (first guest of the season), so it wasn't worth asking about specific location.

Will still pack shampoo, I have a small bottle I kept hold of which I will load up to save on weight.

The only annoying thing I have found so far is I requested to book my daughter as a child rather than an infant so we had extra baggage allowance and extra seat to use (obviously not during landing and take off) but that wasn't allowed. Confused I was happy to pay the extra.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ,

I'd love to see a trip report when you return as we are off to the crystal 2000 in feb (first time with Esprit). Have a wonderful time and wrap up warm as it's just about to get pretty cold out there if snow-forecast is correct!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ wrote:
The only annoying thing I have found so far is I requested to book my daughter as a child rather than an infant so we had extra baggage allowance and extra seat to use (obviously not during landing and take off) but that wasn't allowed. Confused I was happy to pay the extra.

Not allowed by whom? The airline or Esprit?
I have done that many a time ( not with Esprit though) and never had a problem
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esprit their "policy" apparently, I know Crystal would have let us do that..... it was just I past experience with them that put us off taking that option. Plus it looks like the child care and join up with the ski lessons for the spritelets looked better to us.

Next year it won't be an option as she will suddenly be considered a child.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, as ansta1 asked- olease post a report after holiday.
Enjoy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ, AFAIK Esprit are really keen on matching flight seats to accommodation beds very closely, so this is probably the reason why they wouldn't do it. Your infant would then be taking up a seat which could be used by another adult or child. I can't remember exactly why but I seem to remember having a conversation with them a couple of years ago about something similar, either flights or self drive or under occupancy of rooms and this was what it came down to flight seats matching beds.

Re. towels we had towels, don't remember any issues so there must have been enough/ok size. Soap was there but not shampoo I think.

Keen to hear about this new Esprit hotel, please post after and have a great time snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Except my daughters will be sharing one room, and we are paying the underoccuppancy fees as apparently I only have one child. So that doesn't really make sense,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NickyJ, which room type are you in? we also appear to have paid a 'supplement' this is apparantly due to the room type we are in and not an under occupancy supplement. (we are 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 10).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have 2 interconnecting rooms
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, lots of Esprit holidays and we have really enjoyed them, very good staff and fun childcare. Plenty of towels- soap yes- shampoo- varies.
snow report
NickyJ, thanks, we considered that option but went for a 'suite' or whatever it is they call it. twin bedroom plus sofa bed. I found their explanations of the room slightly confusing as they do say that all sofa beds are childrens sofa beds, but apparently this doesn't apply to the 'double' sofa beds. Guess we'll find out.

thaks again and hope you have a great time and looking forward to the post trip review of the facilities and company.

rgds
snow conditions
I was surprised that the 2 interconnecting rooms actually worked out cheaper than the suite.
latest report
Quote:

don't recall any shampoo, but I always take my own so it didn't stick in my mind

but does it get in your eyes?
snow conditions
NickyJ, Called in at Crystal 2000 at 1850 last week. Great location and the staff I spoke to at reception were friendly and helpful.

Great location next to the piste and - just down from the 5* Annapurna and above the equally up market Kilimanjaro.

Have a great time.
ski holidays
NickyJ, I'm hoping you're back and not caught in the travel nightmare. Just wondering how it went with the trip?
snow report
Well speaking for Always29, Sideways_Jnr and myself, who were at Crystal 2000 last week too, we had a very nice time indeed. Sideways_Jnr had a lovely time playing in the brand new and well equipped nursery, and the child care staff were excellent. Hotel was having some teething troubles with the pool area and one day of problems with the hot water, but it was their first week of operation. Hope NickyJ and her husband weren't too put off by the 2 idiots who they kept ending up at dinner with...
snow report
Richard_Sideways,

thanks for the swift response and sounds promising, we're there in middle of Feb so hopefully teething troubles will be sorted but can live with some of them either way. How did you find the split (adult/child) mealtimes, am guessing yours is younger than our 2 (5/10).
ski holidays
ansta1, Richard just mentioned this thread to me! Jnr was 1 while we were away (staff baked a cake for him and he was generally made a fuss of, lovely people!) but still had high tea (as they call the children's dinner) with all the other under 12's - found it worked very well, and it was fabulous to have "grown up" time, the babylistening patrol thingummy they do worked very well during dinner (some parents had monitors too but think the range didn't work to the dining room) although not sure how it would work with your two as they are older but they did have an evening club too so maybe that would be better - think it was called the cocoa club. Might be worth looking at, if you've not already. It was our first Esprit trip and almost certainly won't be our last - have the preview brochure for 2012 already!
snow report
I just spotted these replies. Agree we had a great time and will be going back with them again without a doubt.

I have started writing a full review but haven't finished it yet, will post it.

However on my original questions, plenty of towels and nice soft ones (some places they feel like cardboard). They weren't as big as I would have liked, but sufficient. When the water failed they bought up catering size soup pans of hot water so that the girls could have a bath, and the staff kept there good humour at the same time, which really impressed me as they had a joke with Ellie, and watched her doing the robot walk with her Daddy when she asked them to.

My eldest daughter had such a good time that she was asking to go to Snow club from 8am (it started at 8:30), and the one day I picked her up early she was tantrumming that she didn't want to go with us she wanted to stay with her friends.

The early super suited our girls perfectly as that is the time they normally eat, we were very hungry by our super but it was really nice to have that grown up time. Also the company was great! Very Happy
snow report
All good to hear! we're going to this hotel in March and there's limited reviews available online so it's reassuring.

Maybe one of you could enter a review on Tripadvisor as there's nothing recent for the hotel on there - it all harks back to when Crystal were running it.
snow conditions
Another useful Espirit point was that they operate a creche and childrens room at Chambrey airport, which was brilliant as Chambrey started to fill up with people waiting for flights - theres little enough to do at the airport, and having somewhere to take the kids and something for them to do was a great help when delays are going on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy