Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

orion skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any one used ORION skis (Bulgaria's finest) before?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martski, sorry no experience of Orion skis, but my son is involved with getting skis produced in Bulgaria, no problems with quality and terrific value. Their skis are produced in the factory that builds Atomic skis amongst others but I don't think we're supposed to know that. Have a look at www.volkersextreme.co.uk if you come to La Rosiere you can try a pair.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the consumate salesman, have you tried access to you web site recently?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, we're about to do something nasty to our web hosting service. Seriously though, the experience my son has had with skis made in Bulgaria has been very good. He's persuaded a lot of of the psiteurs and instructors in our village to use them and he was telling me yesterday that most of the Tignes and Val d'Isere ski professionals will be using them next season. Now if you want a snowboard or clothing, my younger son is the distributor in France for Bataleon snowboards and White Out clothing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, Is that a "virtual" nasty or an actual one
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If they don't get our site back soon they'll be nothing virtual about it. Just heard the site is back so they're safe for now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tried a pair for a week in Bulgaria 5 or 6 years ago. They were ok at best if you didn't push them, but very heavy (could have been the ancient bindings) and not very exciting to ski on. They managed all types of snow though, and may have improved since then. We also drove past an Orion factory (near Pomporovo) and yes ... they were making Atomic skis too. Confused Shock
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Martski,

We've had a couple of runs of skis from orion in bulgaria - under the name volkersextreme. They are a great, very durable ski but the ones we have had made are for a particular type of skier. They are beautiful at carving, fast and are quick edge to edge, with a wood core and while they cannot be compared in weight or performance to say, a 1080, they are no heavier than many skis I have been on this winter. They do make skis with a polymer construction if wanted and are very helpful with offering all types of bases/finishes/our own graphics. 2 pairs are getting tested this summer in tignes by henry authier - freestyle legend from the 60's and 70's and if they are considered durable enough by him, he and a couple of people will, (hopefully) be ordering a run for the pisteurs/instructors. Mine have been skied on a good few days each week all winter and they still have loads of pop left, but I'd imagine that he'd still ski ten times harder, higher and faster than me, so i'm going to wait for what he has to say. I don't know how the skis have improved in the last 5/6/7/8 years but the factory is up to date. I can email you the technical stuff if you want.

dan
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey all,

Has anyone else had experience of Volkers ski's. I have seen a pair that look good and im considering buying them but I am struggling to find any info on them. The web site is down and the only comments I have found on them are here! A few reviews would be great!

Any info greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought some Orion Skis from a guy advertising on ebay and they were excellent for skiing on, he knows all about the company and has loads of sizes etc to choose from, a really helpful guy too, he gave me loads of advice on what size i needed and the price was much less then i expeced! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The guy is Swisstim -its very hard to miss him on Ebay skis.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah thats him Happy he also has a website where he sells all the orion stuff including snowboards, might give that a try sometime! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy