Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNowheads Weekend at Nixmaps Pad

Poster: A snowHead
nixmap wrote:
how about something entirely non commercial like this.

admin wrote:
The cost will be £375pp for shared twin/double accommodation in l’Oxalys incl. Val Thorens area lift pass.
You can secure your place for a deposit of £120 (settle up the rest by 6wks before the EoSB pls).
Anyone paying a deposit before 7th Nov will pay £10 less on the final price.
Anyone paying in full before 7th Nov will get a discount of £25.
No one needs to pay a single supplement as we'll sort you out with a room mate of similar gender, but if you really want to be a lawn, you can be for £180.

I prefer the way nix opened this thread - much more intriguing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nixmap wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
nixmap, very generous of you - can you pick me up from the airpot in your 'copter? Very Happy

No.
Sorry.

What's an airpot?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamcham wrote:

Well you are about the only one who didnt immediately trash it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nixmap wrote:
What history?, Is this example so very different from the last three. Everytime Ive come on here with some altruistic offer that seem exectly in line with the stated goals of this forum - there seem to be people willing to trash it. Either by acrimony or sanctimony.

Just a bit sad really.

Hey!!! I haven't p¡ssed in your piña colada . . . . . . . . yet Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nixmap wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

Sad I even offered to cook
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nixmap,
Quote:
Quote:

Chamcham wrote:

I think you will find that I didn't either Puzzled In fact I have been on your side from the outset - in all cases in the past too (maybe in error given the above quote), but I hope not.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^ Wow, SHs coming out in support of Nixmap!
This thread could be even more entertaining than Nix's previous ones Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When do you plan to have this Ski Weekend Nix?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agenterre wrote:
Naughty nixmap, ... Then again I may be paranoid and you're not on a mission.

Personally, I'm not cynical enough to see it as anything other than a completely genuine, nay, altruistic offer................
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chamcham wrote:
nixmap wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
nixmap, very generous of you - can you pick me up from the airpot in your 'copter? Very Happy

No.
Sorry.

What's an airpot?
This is an airpot Very Happy

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Chamcham wrote:
nixmap wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

No.
Sorry.

What's an airpot?
This is an airpot Very Happy

So what's a copter?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chamcham, http://www.coptergame.net/ wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing wrote:
Chamcham, http://www.coptergame.net/ wink

And that's a pick up? (no, don't go there) wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, grrrrr....why did you have to go an post that Evil or Very Mad damn damn damn....just don't expect me to pilot any helicopters from the airport to nixmap's.....not unless it's under 418m away....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chasseur, Laughing Laughing
latest report
nixmap wrote:
Megamum wrote:
nixmap, Poor you! Give the guy a break folks!! Yes, I KNOW the history, but he might be able to come up with something that would be a good trip for anyone that went - surely the idea is worth serious discussion?

What history?, Is this example so very different from the last three. Everytime Ive come on here with some altruistic offer that seem exectly in line with the stated goals of this forum - there seem to be people willing to trash it. Either by acrimony or sanctimony.

Just a bit sad really.

I predict he'll get a lot of "break" with that! Smile
snow conditions
Oh nixmap, you just can't seem to tell your defenders from your detractors can you? Or, it would appear, an ironic smile from a sneer.

Chill out matey - as usual, you start out with a good idea and then get all over sensitive and risk starting to look a bit of a... well whatever. As I say, 'relax', smile, nobody hates you (yet) and the snow will be here soon snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks admin abc, , I know whose side I'm on, but it seems I have a lost cause on my hands, some folks you just can't help can you? You then start to wonder if they are worth the time or trouble?
snow report
Who's on anyone's side? This is an internet forum after all, not real life. Smile

From what I've seen, Nixmap has usually explained himself well when given the chance, although I accept that not everyone on this forum would see it the same way.

Of course there is another explanation. Maybe all of this since the beginning has been an elaborate troll - Nix doesn't have a place in CH, in fact he lives a lonely bachelor existence above his 8 to late corner shop in one of our inner cities, and the whole of this has been his escape from reality. Not likely, I grant you, but possible.

What say you, Nix?
latest report
Chamcham, If he is a troll he is a very busy one (I don't think he is). If you Google the two words
Nixmap Switzerland
and follow some of the many links on the first page you can see that he's posted both summer and winter versions of his quest for help in the appartment on quite a number of different forums. It has to be said the only forum he seems to pick up derision from is this one Puzzled
ski holidays
Megamum, If you google his real name it comes up with much more interesting results.
You will know his name because it was in the results you have googled already wink
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
It has to be said the only forum he seems to pick up derision from is this one Puzzled

Well to be fair TGR had a reasonable crack, and for the most part, I admit its only a few who bring the standards down.
Its pretty obvious who they are.

Its not up to me what kind of culture you collectively wish to encourage. (actually maybe only admin)

In general I give as good as I get. Despite the referee. Cool
snow conditions
nixmap,
Quote:
Despite the referee

It's not chalet help you need. I know a good carpenter who can remove the chips from both shoulders. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
Chamcham, If he is a troll he is a very busy one (I don't think he is). If you Google the two words
Nixmap Switzerland
and follow some of the many links on the first page you can see that he's posted both summer and winter versions of his quest for help in the appartment on quite a number of different forums. It has to be said the only forum he seems to pick up derision from is this one Puzzled

I don't think the last sentence is true. I first came across Nix in his initial advert for his non staff staff on TGR. Now they really know how to deride on that forum.

Anyway, how do you know he's not just a very patient, sophisticated troll? After all, it would be the best troll I've ever been privileged to follow.

Still waiting for you to come out of the troll closet, Nix.
latest report
Megamum wrote:
nixmap,
Quote:
Quote:

Chamcham wrote:

I think you will find that I didn't either Puzzled In fact I have been on your side from the outset - in all cases in the past too (maybe in error given the above quote), but I hope not.

OK OK Sorry, Not the only one, and especially not you. but sometimes it seems that way.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I didn't see it actually, pretty sure it's not in that googled search. Also, the googled term given doesn't identify the TGR posts so I didn't see what sort of reception he got there.

nixmap Aww....friends again! Smile
ski holidays
I'm with ChamCham - I reckon he's the most skillful troll ever.

Is it too early to start a sweepstake on how many pages this thread'll run to?
snow report
The best troll ever would be 0BernhardFranz on TGR, but I fervently hope he is real. I never thought nixmap was a troll, actually I quite like him. I'd certainly ski with him.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ChrisWo, horizon,

I didn't say he was troll, merely asked the question.

But it would be a great troll...
latest report
ChamCham wrote:

Still waiting for you to come out of the troll closet, Nix.

Sounds awfully like you're at least suggesting he's a troll wink

To change the subject slightly, assuming that Nix's place has 2 bedrooms plus a sleeping area for 'staff' (unkown whether this is occupied at present)...how many snowheads do you think he could fit in? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
nixmap, look, let's try to see the irony . . . Your original posts here were part of a coordinated and very widespread staff recruitment plan (let's put aside the motivation) and it really did provide us with a 'marmite moment', But given that you attempted to repeat it indicates that you're either remarkably naive or extraordinarily venal . . . you are yourself . . . 'Marmite'.

All you need to do is tell us that you want to host a party/bbq/orgy/whatever and it's gonna cost X, can accommodate X and ask if we can help. Michelle and her ever suffering sommelier does this every year with great success.

Of course, I could just be a sh¡t and . . . . .
snow report
ChrisWo wrote:
To change the subject slightly, assuming that Nix's place has 2 bedrooms plus a sleeping area for 'staff' (unkown whether this is occupied at present)...how many snowheads do you think he could fit in? Twisted Evil
Anyone seen josef fritzl around recently ??
snow report
Why does there need to be "sides" in all of this?

One brave "free?"dom fighter battling the collective cynicism of a wider message board? The potential flaws in nixmap's "employment"/mutual perk/servitude model have been well documented and frankly I suspect that no-one who can search the internet is going to go into that relationship eyes shut.

So if this separate offer is genuine, why not allow it to stand or fall on its merits? Of course there is going to be urine extraction but the OP is fairly thick skinned so I'm not sure it needs to be spun as one generous individual being crushed by the corporate evil of admin and his minions.

If I was being sceptical I might say that this thread has the characteristics of being a set up as a platform for whinging but I'd love to be proved wrong.
snow report
nixmap, What the hell, I'll come - jsut promise I won't be sold into a eastern european prostitution ring or something (highly unlikely, but that says more about me than you) wink
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
nixmap, What the hell, I'll come - just promise I won't be sold into a eastern european prostitution ring or something (highly unlikely, but that says more about me than you) wink

Me to, cannot do the weekend of 23rd January other wise good to go. The longer the notice the cheaper the flights mind. Highly unlikely that I will be sold into any sort of prostitution so no value for you there. Also if this is some organ theft scam , mine are pretty done in too.
ski holidays
fatbob,
Quote:

If I was being sceptical I might say that this thread has the characteristics of being a set up as a platform for whinging but I'd love to be proved wrong.
It's not a question of scepticism, but of simple observation. Have a look at his post of 23.44 on Wednesday.
snow conditions
So just holidayloverxx and me then........awaiting Nix response.
latest report
Hurtle,
Quote:
It's not a question of scepticism, but of simple observation. Have a look at his post of 23.44 on Wednesday.

There isn't one
snow conditions
jzBun, Laughing Laughing 00:44 on Thursday ? ... or whatever time zone 'Warwickshire' is on in 2011 wink
snow report
Agenterre, 1954 in my village
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy