Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, how long are you there for? Is it still snowing tonight?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowcrazy, just a week, snow started about 2pm and was coming down pretty well has stopped now and looks about a couple inches on the roofs.

GS gates tomorrow snow permitting but conditions were great today, glacier was a bit thin in places higher up but the lower rosalin piste was perfect hero snow.. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the forecast is changing daily at the moment, it will be intresting to see if its rain or snow,

Yep, today's forecast for next weekend is looking a bit better - torrential rain no longer forecast at Snowforecast.com. Now got fingers crossed that the freezing level doesn't rise too high....

Must say that when we mountainbiked a Transalp route from Bavaria to Lake Garda in the summer, the forecast before we went was absolutely appalling so we braced ourselves for a week of 7 hour days in the rain Shocked....It was glorious every day - so there's hope yet wink!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
great day today, snowed overnight and a bit gloomy first thing but opened up nicely, quite cold up high but we had a full day of training and where the last group to leave the hill

our own stewart woodward just setting off ahead of me on his last run. skiing very tidy our stewart...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More snow again overnight. Stewart reports 6 inches of fresh powder on the glacier, with no wind and sunshine Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret is a lucky whatsit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
skimottaret is a lucky whatsit.
He is the 'snow man'. Git.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fantastic fresh powder everywhere but the courses were very difficult with tough visibility, soft snow on the top creating big ruts and then down to rock hard ice underneath... I thought we had a hard course but the french team was doing a super G and it was scary just watching em.. our coach pointing em out
kinda was hoping for a free ski today but here to train not to have fun

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 9-11-10 17:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, glad that you didn't get to play today. I though with 6 inches of nasty fresh snow you might bail out of the course and just have fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, bit of playing first thing but the gates beat me today. bit of a headache after a heavy crash in the course. trashed yet another pair of googles and will be on borrowed girly ones tomorrow Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, some cheap girly ones here snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, Laughing Not quite as girly as the 3 pairs I'm about to advertise on eBay...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mosha Marc, i have a pair of those at home and only brought one pair with me so gotta buy some out here so robs spares wont do... am using a 17 yo girls tomorrow !!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret wrote:
Mosha Marc, i ... am using a 17 yo girl tomorrow !!

Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, couldn't see you today but did see Emma, Stewart W and your trainer at lunch. I asked where you were and they said you had just gone down. I did feel for the guys doing gates today! Less than ideal conditions!

We did some freeskiing today (left gates until tomorrow Smile ) and just worked on shorts and longs in variables. Really enjoyed the conditions today but was pretty exhausted come 3pm after being chucked around a bit!!
No rest for the wicked though, as had a gym session to do as well which I have just come back from. Think I will sleep pretty well tonight!! snowHead
snow report
Come in Tignes residents...are you receiving?
Thanks for the updates - excitement mounting for our arrival on Friday! The webcam today showed a few skiers skiing the home run to
Val Claret Very Happy . Is it officially open yet? If so, I see the chair wasn't running?
latest report
mountainaddict, we skied the home run to Val Claret today and was great in places but a little icy and hard in places near the bottom. Not officially open as yet though.
ski holidays
Touchguru, will be at the alpaka weds eve for dinner and a beer or two. i just assumed i would see you on the hill at some point but it has been pretty full on as it sounds you have been finding it as well!! i dont feel so bad hearing that you are a bit tired as well, my fitness is terrible and will be getting attended to when i get home.

the snow was stunningly good though wasnt it...
snow report
skimottaret, Alpaka tomorrow sounds like a plan and I will at least drop in for a drink.

Conditions were unbelievable for early November. I would be happy to have those conditions any day during the height of the season!!
ski holidays
The conditions today were even better, 15cm of new snow overnight and it has not stopped snowing all day Very Happy Very Happy

Great fun powder skiing this morning on 191 GS skis before hitting the gates. Viz was pretty bad and so you had to have lots of guts in the course. My hat goes off to the French team who were once again training Super G in pretty bad conditions.

Hopefully sun for tomorrow and then more snow tomorrow night Blush Blush
snow conditions
Asstewart woodward said, awesome conditions today. This afternoon was even better with some face shots to be had in the snow park!! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 10-11-10 16:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Touchguru, la la la, I'm not listening.
snow report
was great fun today as stewart woodward, says and pretty inspirational watching the super G, the GS course we did was challenging enough but man it was positively frightening watching the team hammer down in almost off piste conditions...

managed to ski down to val claret but it was pretty hard and icy in places.

more photos here http://insideoutskiing.blogspot.com/2010/11/gs-training-in-tignes.html
snow report
mountainaddict,

Weds pm the double M was officially open (and they finally turned of the snow blowers)! Chair was not running (just the one off the bottom of the glacier) - lots of snow moving at the bottom to get it ready and lots of other lifts being tested.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
fantastic fresh powder everywhere but the courses were very difficult with tough visibility.......kinda was hoping for a free ski today but here to train not to have fun

Why racing is ghey reason #01 wink
latest report

after hammering snow all night we had bluebird conditions. sorrry fatbob, didnt take the time to get any shots in the knee deep powder we were skiing !!! stunning snow
latest report
skimottaret, I'm just jealous - cold windy wet England while you suck the best out of the storm.
ski holidays
That looks rubbish Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
That looks rubbish Razz
Yup. All that poxy fresh snow getting in the way.
snow report
2 weeks and 2 days, not that I'm counting. Please leave some for us Cool
latest report
Looking good , out there a week sunday Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Back out on Tuesday Very Happy Hope it hangs around
ski holidays
rain lower down and high winds stopped play on the glacier but we managed to get a few runs down double m today.. practicing eyes closed skiing in the bumps and slush... good fun!!
snow report
A beautifull morning here in Tignes after yesterday's storm. The web cams are looking good on Grande Motte this morning with new snow and lighter winds.

Yesterday the winds were over 70kmph on the glacier, which closed all the lifts except Funicular, Panaramoic & Vanoise. The rain limit was about 2500m so lots of the snow previously deposited was washed away and the avalanche risk quickly rose to 4/5.

Unfourtunatly a man was killed in an avalanche on the Col d'Iseran yesterday (as reported by pistehors).
snow report
Great skiing today, despite the Friday's rain snow on the Glacier and the Lanches piste down to Val Claret is tip top. The snow forecast (dotcom) is looking promising for Monday night.
latest report
rorie, Hey rorie, Hope you're well. Am out working for inspired to ski starting Dec 1st. for 3 weeks so hope to catch you then for a beer or a ski. Cheers Bry
snow report
skihog, looking forward to seeing you again (my third course, first two in Courchevel, but I've never been in your group) on the 5th. Very Happy
snow report
We are in a very unsettled weather period at the moment. We are expericing lots of weather fronts & sunny days but the freezing level is so variable a few hundred meters makes all the difference between snow & rain. This unsettled weather is making the snow pack very unstable with an avalanche rating of 4/5.

Yesterday the majority of Grand Motte was closed due to the high winds Sad However Rossolin was open to provide some race training pistes and suprisingly small queues Very Happy . Double M is in great condition allowing skiing all the way to Val Claret Very Happy From the top of the Funicular to Val C you have over 900 meters vertical so lots to ski.

This morning we have a slight covering in Le Lavachet and steady but light snow Very Happy Hoperfully some sunshine tomorrow Puzzled
snow conditions
Hurtle, Good to hear from you and you never know you might get the benefit of my wisdom (!) in a couple of weeks. All the best Bry
latest report
skihog, Apres ski in the Alpaka sounds good!

It's seriously dumping this afternoon! Hoorah! It's about time Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy