Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert 2010-2011

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

I for one would have like getting the weather in english pre the 08:20 radio les arcs session...

You can get Radio les arcs and La Plagne on your laptop Very Happy Last seasom Radio La Plagne did their English news and weather at quarter to the hour from 6.45 perhaps you could listen to that, the weather would be similar? There is a link to Radio LP on the Twitter feed.

Wicked..

I'll be tuning in at work just to listen to the weather reports, and the uncensored lilly allen songs...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, yes they are forcing me if i have to sit by somone with there phone going when on a lift. But ok, if things like the early news are going to be on twitter, i guess it might be ok just. But still not when I am skiing Evil or Very Mad

Boredsurfing, As for fb, you know we all love it really. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, In October there were adverts in English French and Russian! One of the English ads was for an English mechanic that has set up in BstM Very Happy Might be useful!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived in Monty late Thursday Night and it was tipping it down with snow, both the mini bus & car did not want to go any further than longefoy!! so snow chains to go on upto Monty Evil or Very Mad . Today is high cloud and around -5 in resort. Snow cannons have been going since yesterday. Smile All is still quite.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cockofthenorth, Wheres your second tracks? C'mon we need to see them on the webcam, and no more excuses about having to put snow tyres on the van etc Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, I will send you pics of my FIRST Tracks Toofy Grin on this seasons snow when I get chance as we are still unpacking rolling eyes . But just to inform you all its started snowing Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
That'll be the SECOND tracks of the season Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cockofthenorth, see you Wednesday, we'll be up for a coffee. Smile I think Lard is going to phone you later, as we wondered whether you could drop by Christophe's & Katia's and pick up our spare keys and turn on the water, electric and heating so it isn't an icebox when we arrive Tuesday night. Speak later, we can't wait to see you both. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rebeccay wrote:
cockofthenorth, see you Wednesday, we'll be up for a coffee. Smile I think Lard is going to phone you later, as we wondered whether you could drop by Christophe's & Katia's and pick up our spare keys and turn on the water, electric and heating so it isn't an icebox when we arrive Tuesday night. Speak later, we can't wait to see you both. Very Happy

and while you are at it Cocky you couldn't rustle up a quick spag bol too could you ? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cockofthenorth, and if you could get our skis out and give them a good wax and edge that'll be helpful Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rebeccay, job sorted Christoph & Katia have just been round so I ask them to turn on Heating etc. wink As Mouth, surgested you can have dinner with us on the tuesday night if you want Smile Boredsurfing, while I,m servicing your skis I'll clear all the roads in Monty to await your arrival:-D . Just found out that its not v.good news for LA'Brev. The new owner has took the dartboard down (Lakeside may it R.I.P) and not having it as a Bar anymore just a restaurant Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ooh good idea as we have no f***in restaurants in Monty anyway Puzzled Puzzled and to top it off he is not going to sell Peroni on draught anymore. I think he is going to have it as a bar between 4 and 6.30 but the rest of the time serving food.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cockofthenorth, So if Damian sorts out his staffs attitude we'll have to go over there.......will l'abrev happy hour survive? Sad
PS No need to clear the roads the tank needed new tyres so it's got proper winter jobs on it Laughing Not that I have ever had a problem snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, Doesn't sound like he is going to have a happy hour Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but I have yet to see him wink . I think he is originally from Paris and has got some bars in Tignes so lets hope he does not bring the Tignes prices to Monty Shocked Shocked It will be interesting to see what Damian's approach is to this Puzzled but I am sure his staff will still look as though they all need a good wash!!!. The weather today is very calm with high light cloud around the -5 at the mo.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, thanks for sorting that with Katia & Christophe Smile, and also the offer of dinner, but we normally don't arrive till late and literally just unpack and crash. We will definitely catch you on Wednesday though for a coffee. As for the Tourmente, I'm guessing Damian didn't manage to sell it then, when it was up for auction Question . Shame, because we won't be drinking in there until it's had a good clean everywhere including the beer pipes Exclamation . We'll be in Fifty's or Trappeurs I guess. Time to start packing. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rebeccay, '50's hopefully but I guess that may depend on someones baby sitting arrangements Very Happy
If Trappeurs has changed hands has I may be tempted back......
snow conditions
mmmmmmm looks like apres ski BBQ EVERY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
rebeccay, no probs look forward to seeing you wednesday. Tourmente will be up for sale next year without a doubt wink I think vanessa is planning only to do December, then I am sure it will be staffed. Lets see what this new owner is like in La Brev , I have an idea, now that he has took the dartboard down I am thinking of strapping him to the wall where the dartboard was and throwing darts at him until he gives in!!! what ya think??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
cockofthenorth, Definitely. Tell him Kipper arrives on Boxing Day so the darts will be on target! Toofy Grin He needs to realise the potential of the English Happy Hour market, even if he did only do it from 4.30 to 6.30 and then had it as a restaurant from 7pm. But no Peroni, that is a blow, hope he doesn't keep that horrible Grolsch, so says littledickofthesouth. wink
snow report
rebeccay,
Quote:

littledickofthesouth

'bout time he had his own log in on here Toofy Grin
latest report
rebeccay, sorry its Grolsch on tap!! and some other wired draught beer Sad Sad
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, If l'abrev is going to run as an evening restaurant are they getting rid of the decking? If they do that'll be two more parking spaces for Jef's fleet Very Happy
ski holidays
Good point Boredsurfing, we will be erecting a private parking sign for Ski4Fun Transfers there on Thursday. Twisted Evil
snow report
rebeccay wrote:
Good point Boredsurfing, we will be erecting a private parking sign for Ski4Fun Transfers there on Thursday. Twisted Evil

Good plan, but leave my reserved space in the corner snowHead
snow report
nothing new but its snowing here too Smile
snow report
its got a bit more interesting as its absolutley poohing it down!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, Thats the sort of snow report we like.
PS. Have you got your ladder there?
snow report
Boredsurfing, oh yes. wink
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, Excellent wink BTW do you have an Xmas poppadom need? Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, thanks for asking but we are all stocked up!!! Smile If I think of anything else I will let you know
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, Ok no probs.
latest report
we arrived at 2am this morning. 8.5 hours from Lyon, 3 of which were at a standstill on the A46 because of the snow. Once we got moving, 50kph max all the wat. Heavy snow from Lyon to Albertville. We spotted 27 snowploughs on the other carriageway from Lyon to Albertville and not one on our side!! Needed chains to get up to Longefoy and it's still snowing now!!
snow report
rebeccay, We had a three hour delay around Lyon a couple of years ago because of the snow, but nothing like you just had! Look on the bright side the season will only get better! See you soon Very Happy
ski holidays
AS Liam gallagher would say " sun-shiinnnee" today Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, Here too .....we have had NO SNOW rebeccay, pleased to see you got there in one piece
snow report
Can anyone give me a simple snow report for La Plagne? All the web 'snow reports' refer to April 2010!!

Thanks
Mark
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

I for one would have like getting the weather in english pre the 08:20 radio les arcs session...

You can get Radio les arcs and La Plagne on your laptop Very Happy Last seasom Radio La Plagne did their English news and weather at quarter to the hour from 6.45 perhaps you could listen to that, the weather would be similar? There is a link to Radio LP on the Twitter feed.

Wicked..

I'll be tuning in at work just to listen to the weather reports, and the uncensored lilly allen songs...

Excellent! Before the season starts Radio Les Arcs just seems to play a great selection of music with no adverts and no interruptions from DJs. Always listen to it if I'm driving up to Tignes, and now that I know I can get it on the internet I might just listen to it at home as well Happy
latest report
fruitbat, Welcome to snowHeads.
Best snow report is this one, compare it to snow-forecast.com for an 'average' view Toofy Grin
http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?MONTAGNE_PORTLET.path=montagneprevisionville/731501
latest report
A light dusting of snow last night, they have turned of the snow cannons after been on all the time for the last 3 days Shocked
snow report
Boredsurfing, The best snow report is HERE!!! Very Happy and on our other threads. Forget snow-forecast and French meteo, we all look outside before we go to bed then write what it looks like. Toofy Grin How bad has the rain hit your side in the last few days?
latest report
snowcrazy, All I can say is that it is due to snow again this evening and everyday next week, fingers and everything else crossed snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy