Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert 2010-2011

Poster: A snowHead
The rain has wiped out the majority of the snow that fell in the village last week Sad Sad . But the man made stuff is piled up like a good-un Smile The temperature has dropped dramatically today with a very cold wind, its just staring to cloud over so fingers crossed for a few drops of la Neige Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have a new happy hour venue peeps Very Happy ...I popped by the shop to find out when I start work, and Stef told me that Guillaume in 50s will be doing HH from 4-6pm. Vanessa is confined to bed on doctors orders until the baby is born (March), so Gs in charge and he's got about 5 staff I think (3 in the kitchen & 2 front of house).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rebeccay, Great news + bad news
cockofthenorth, Bad news and hopefully good news
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rebeccay, Nice one. Very Happy See you all there in January.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
two weeks today we arrive in Monty Very Happy

rebeccay wrote:
We have a new happy hour venue peeps Very Happy ...I popped by the shop to find out when I start work, and Stef told me that Guillaume in 50s will be doing HH from 4-6pm

What's the going rate for a grand bierre at HH prices?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="Roger C"]two weeks today we arrive in Monty Very Happy

rebeccay wrote:
We have a new happy hour venue peeps Very Happy ...I popped by the shop to find out when I start work, and Stef told me that Guillaume in 50s will be doing HH from 4-6pm

What's the going rate for a grand bierre at HH prices?[/quote

I hope its gets better quick.

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/la-plagne/interface.php?pk_interface=341&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snapzzz, Snow forecast every day next week,
Roger C, Christophe was charging €5 for a grande Peroni to tourists.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snapzzz, Dont worry
this was New Years eve 2 years ago

and this was New Years day

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so one day was minging wet and the next there was a 1cm dusting of snow - not very reassuring for poor old snapzz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, Indeed but the rest of the Christmas New Year break was excellent. Any skiing at Christmas was a bonus a few years back!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't worry, plenty of snow accross the valley Very Happy

PS, Sorry about your page width

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 10-12-10 10:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, along the valley in the those cold biting winds and exposed slopes Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im not worried, i'm going higher and later.
Belle plangne on 8th Jan.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, along the valley in the those cold biting winds and exposed slopes BUT THAT HAVE LOTS OF SNOW ON THEM.... Toofy Grin

Fixed it for ya Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, is actually Dave L
snow conditions
check out this new webcam at the top of the Fornelet lift (top of 2nd chair in Montalbert! wink )

http://webcam-ski.com/interfaces/la-plagne/interface.php?pk_interface=401&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays

Webcam Panoramique

http://webcam-ski.com/interfaces/la-plagne/montalbert_fornelet/fullScreen.htmlrebeccay,

Brilliant webcam, no need to wait for someone to report back if the cloud is low snowHead
snow report
Exellent web cam. Now we can see right arcoss the Paradiski to plan our days out. I do agree, we need some more snow now, but at least there was a dusting last night and blue sky all day long. Our lifts open tomorrow, will your link be open. Or can you bus it to La Plagne side and ski down to get back?
snow conditions
snowcrazy, according to the websites I think the Vanoise Exp isn't forecast to open until sat dec 18th
latest report
Boredsurfing it works!

Are you in Monty? What's the weather like?
latest report
Roger C, It does doesn't it Toofy Grin
I was testing ready for my arrival, later in the week Very Happy
snow report
but if those nice people at CG Ski.co.uk let me use their wifi I shouldn't need sms (via SMS)
ski holidays
rebeccay, never seen that one before where did you find it? Cool
latest report
redrunmarcus, I found it on the La Plagne Facebook page I think.
snow conditions
Admin Thank U for making the new webcam display properly (above) snowHead
ski holidays
The water supply for the cannons look half empty Shocked . By the way blue skys today, of for sunday lunch down in bourg with Ski4funtransfers !!
snow conditions
It is cold here. Brrr... Blue skies but bitterly cold. Blue
Walked across the piste to get lift passes today and we need more snow in the village. The grass is still poking through the Jardin des Enfants and the stones are showing through at the bottom of the piste, so you wouldn't want to put skis on. But it is forecast tonight, so fingers crossed.
Latest update on Happy Hour - Vanessa has confirmed 16h30 to 18h00 in Fiftys Very Happy - she's not working at all as bedrest until the baby is born.
The new owners in the Abreuvoir had menus out on the tables on the decking today Puzzled , so they're keen given that 1) The resort isn't even open yet & 2) It's too blimmin' cold to sit outside.
Met Heather from Massage Me today at Chalet Genepy, who will be available to book for massages during the season, she'll come to Monty if you book at least an hour, so if several people book for the same day it makes more sense. You can get her number from me or cockofthenorth.
snow report
Finally it has snowed!!! snowHead snowHead At least 1 ft has fallen. Lard had to put snow chains on to get out of our road to go and do our first transfer of the season this morning!! Now the season can begin Very Happy

As an aside, had a lovely meal in L'Abreuvoir last night with cockofthenorth and his good lady wife. It's not your traditional savoyarde fayre, I had duck with a cranberry & honey sauce and the others had entrecote with green pepper sauce. The biggest entrecotes we had ever seen!! Beautiful presentation & lovely veggies - not a chip in sight!! And a great wine menu - not just the normal savoie wines (which I can't stand).
They're doing a set menu for Christmas Eve 57€pp but it sounds amazing - glass of champagne to start, cold starter of gizzard starter, then warm starter of St.Jacques scallops, champagne sauce & smoked salmon, then guinea fowl, then a digestif (calvados with a scoop of apple ice cream) to cleanse the palette before a pudding of chocolate encased in flaky pastry.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yep mega meal last night if they keep that up it will be the place to go. shed load of snow in monty all is looking good for the open day. I think bordersufin is going to have a nightmare today driving down lots of snow further north to, Grenoble airport has just closed in the last hour, nightmare transfer day tomorrow Shocked Shocked
snow report
rebeccay wrote:
Finally it has snowed!!! snowHead snowHead At least 1 ft has fallen. L

woop! we arrive (1800 though) Monday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

I think bordersufin is going to have a nightmare today driving down lots of snow further north to, Grenoble airport has just closed in the last hour

Geneva has thankfully reopened in the last hour, but none of the roads to Annecy had been cleared so Lard's journey to our first pick up has been slow. Fortunately the flight has been delayed, so they might both get to Geneva at the same time. Like cockofthenorth says, tomorrow could be hideous!
latest report
rebeccay wrote:
Quote:

I think bordersufin is going to have a nightmare today driving down lots of snow further north to, Grenoble airport has just closed in the last hour

Geneva has thankfully reopened in the last hour, but none of the roads to Annecy had been cleared so Lard's journey to our first pick up has been slow. Fortunately the flight has been delayed, so they might both get to Geneva at the same time. Like cockofthenorth says, tomorrow could be hideous!

It won't be that hilarious if we get stuck in traffic I can tell you. Heading off very early in the morning Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Mouth, take care, northern france is due for a snowy hammering.
snow report
omg Mouth, be very very careful they have forecast lots of snow in SE England tonight. All Easyjet flights out of Gatwick departing tomorrow from 06h00-10h00 have already been cancelled as our transfer for tomorrow has just rung me and told me. Take care, Bise Smile
latest report
Great trip down with no problems, the land is white from England to Montalbert!
I have never seen so much snow on the road up to Montalbert, There is at least 10 inches of snow on the driveway Very Happy
Looking good for the first lift of the seson tomorrow morning snowHead
latest report
Boredsurfing, glad you made it here safely. Very Happy See you soon.
snow report
Boredsurfing, great news.
First lift Shocked must look good Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Boredsurfing, great news.
First lift Shocked must look good Laughing

Yep first lift well actually we were the first on 4 lifts snowHead
There's not many folk here to enjoy the excellent conditions, there is no need to search for knee deep powder it is everywhere, BUT it is really cold -16c in Plagne centre. I wouldn't want to be in a resort thats prone to cold icy winds wink
latest report
Boredsurfing, please try and leave some powder for us! Leaving after work on Wednesday and cant wait!

We should try and meet up for a ski and/or beer
snow report
Roger C, Can't promise but delivery of fresh due Monday and Tuesday!
I'm told 50's leg end is the place for happy hour so I guess I'll be there some days wink (just got back seems to be working OK wink )

Snowing gently at the moment......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy