Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow 2010/11 - latest webcams post 1

Poster: A snowHead
No probs glasgowcyclops, i usually head up with my brother or dad but i'll let you know if i'm struggling incase your heading up
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Day 6 (can't believe it's not even midwinter's day yet) of season 10/11 was at the Gorm. Bitter cold, poor light & a mixture of powder, neve & windscoured ice made for combat skiing at times but lots of fun to be had nevertheless. Fresh snow from Pitlochry through to Glasgow made the journey home to Moffat extra long but it was well worth it.

Report & photos here ... http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2442

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross, worth the trip? I'm thinking about Tuesday->Thursday...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely. The top runs are icy but from the top of the Traverse track to the base station there is plenty of soft snow with only the odd icy patch. I didn't give White Lady and the M1 a go today due to the ski patrol report but the Cas side (admittedly only blues and greens) was great.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scotia, I had skins in pack & other odds & ends as we had intended doing some touring but cloud to 800 metres all day meant staying in-bounds or using a compass & one of my nine lives. Ciste Gully was magic & we had it virtually to ourselves all day with no queues at all for WW Poma. Best way off the hill was via Daylodge & to skiers left at bottom. Had a look over Cas side but it was much, much busier & even under the Cas/Coronation headwall it was scoured & icy.

Definitely worth the trip & with better visibility & fresh snow cover that should have improved the top runs & icy patches mentioned by Snow Time, you will be a lucky so-and-so Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tomorrow or Wednesday for better conditions at Cairngorm or Glenshee? snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fergus wrote:
Tomorrow or Wednesday for better conditions at Cairngorm or Glenshee? snowHead

Wednesday ... http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=tcdc&HH=42&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO=

Glenshee ... http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,126238,page=21
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking good this morning at Glenshee

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/glenshee.jpg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anybody know what it's like at Nevis? We're hoping to get a day there next week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lml82, will be up either tomorrow or Thursday so I'll let you know.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just been told by a friend who was up at Glenshee today that there was fresh snow to bad all over the hill.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome day today at Cairngorm, fresh snow all over the mountan, very cold and sun in the sky - positively alpine to be honest!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me and my brother will be heading to Glenshee so hopefully we get a little fall of fresh overnight and we can have some fresh tracks in the morning Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yet another fantastic day here in Aviemore/Cairngorm - great windblown power on most runs (a few a bit hard underneath but hey it's Scotland), very cold (-19 when I got in the car this morning), no wind and bluebird.

Worth getting up here if you can guys - a mate of mine in Portes de Soleil reckons it's way better than over there at the moment!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glenshee was pretty good aswell some really nice powdery stuff to be found
Had to keep reminding myself it's not even christmas yet Smile
ski holidays
Glencoe Mountain Resort will open tomorrow, meaning all five Scottish Resorts will open before Xmas, a pretty rare occurrence! Hire is open too, the slopes up top are in good condition but due to the thin cover lower down its not advisable for beginners at present.
Lift passes only £25! (normally £30)
Also open Xmas Eve and Boxing day so come along for a festive Ski or Board!
Santa suits welcome!
snow conditions
Good to see Glencoe opening early again this year.
latest report
Whitegold, isn't it Cool

It will definitely be hard to drive past on the way to Nevis.
snow conditions
Skied Nevis today and it's well worth the £20. A mix of soft snow and some more grippy bits but in great condition for this early in the year.
snow conditions
Cairngorm was good today and fairly quiet too. There are some hard and icy patches, particularly at the top and bottom of White Lady and either edge of the Cas. The Ciste side was pretty good with only the odd icy patch in the Ciste Gully and No 1 Gully (No 2 was closed due to ice) but the West Wall route to the poma was a bit special!

Another 6 inches of snow would be perfect to freshen the runs up a bit but there's still a fair amount of good skiing and boarding available, including East Wall of Lady which is still relatively untracked.
latest report
Hi Everyone. Heading up north today and going to cairngorm or lecht on the 26th-28th
Anyone heading up say hello.

Rossi zenith 10's
red Haglofs jacket or brown moah
black columbia trousers
black demon helmet
red Lange boots

Ca,r silver P reg volvo s70 saloon

Anyone on their own fancies a coffee etc (rather than eating on their own) post here. Wife is going but wont be skiing this year.

cheers
bob
ski holidays
Glenshee still has a good lot of snow on the runs - some "powder" (more wind drifted hardpack) off to the sides - and wee bits of boiler plate here and there to catch out the unwary. Glas Maol side had a cloud cover and so the light was quite flat. Cairnwell side was in sunshine, and had the best of the skiing.
snow conditions
Massively enhanced bus service for CairnGorm Mountain during the holiday period, first bus up from Dalfaber will be at 6.35am then every 20minutes thereafter till 10.15am, then hourly till mid afternoon. Back down the buses are hourly from 11am after the morning shuttle goes to hourly through till 4pm, then more frequent till 5.10pm, last bus at 6.10pm from the Daylodge.

Full timetable here: http://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/media/Festive_Bus_Timetable.pdf
ski holidays
Damn looks like whiteout tomorrow at CG.

Anyonre know if the lecht may be better?
ski holidays
not going to Cairngorm now... weather looks abysmal and getting worse through the day. save it for another day i think.
ski holidays
Anyone know what the real forecast is.. The BBC said it was gong to be okay but the chap at Aviemore ski rental said it was a whitepout with 70mph winds.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
looks like sustained 40mph winds with 75-80 gusts from around noon. probably not good visibility before that. heavy snow in the afternoon.

that's what i take from various forecasts/advisories etc.

don't look at the Aviemore forecast and expect the same up in the mountains.
ski holidays
Well I woke up on the moray coast loking to easter Ross and it seemed fine. I went to the lecht since Aviemore ski hire said it was going to be a whiteout on cairngorm.

Great day at the lecht today. They always manage to keep the runs nice there. Good soft off piste (not a lot of terain mind you) Had a blast. A couple of gusty moments just before 12 and 2pm but otherwise great. The runs are not as long as CG and nowhere near the interest of Glencoe, however, I always seem to haev a good day at the lecht.

Came home to find my wife had ran a bath for me to soak my aching mucles and poured me a beer. Ahhh this nis the life. Happy Not looking forward to starting back at work on jan the 5th Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to the lecht again since CG say they are still reviewing the situation.

Say hellow if you are there...
from the top
Sundown goggles
black demon helmet
red haglofs jacket
black columbio trousers
red lange boots
blackish rossi zenith10 skis

car volvo s70 p reg
cheers
bob
snow conditions
Had a good time at Cairngorm today, think the funicular was on hold for a while but they had some runs open earlier. The wind dropped and the snow was good but still those icy areas to avoid, visibility was generally good despite the clouds.
latest report
Cairngorm today, blooming windy today and all lesons cancelled so went down - skied in silly conditions before and IMHO it's not worth it, funny thing is today was probably the first time in at least two seasons it's not been worth it, not bad really! the upside was there was fresh falling from the Cas car park up when I was there and later in the afternoon the skies cleared and there was a bit of sun - the hill looked really rather good!

The next few days are looking pretty good if the forecast is right although the temps are set to rise above zero at times but towards the weekend I believe temps could fall again so all looking pretty good for anyone thinking of a trip.
ski holidays
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12087921

Cool
latest report
Do Scottish people ski? Or was the subtitle machine broken? Wink
ski holidays
The clag that stubbornly refused to shift at Glenshee threatened to spill over the Plateau edge but never quite made it and for the most part it was a glorious day on CairnGorm on Wednesday, it was forecast to have the better overhead, but it turned out even better than forecast.

On the slopes at CairnGorm all runs to the Cas Carpark are complete so full top to bottom riding and all 11 of the available lifts were open Wed and scheduled Thursday. Snow remained firm in the Top Basin, softening just a little below. Lower mountain the snow was loose and granular, not quite true spring snow but skiing very nicely.

^Daylodge Poma which is always a good bolt hole when things get a little too hectic elsewhere during the holidays. Once it softened there were some fun lines in the Daylodge Glades, with some big windlips and drifts to play on.

^White Lady living up to it's name with loose granular snow on a firm base giving good riding.

^The Last Run, heading down the Ciste Fairway to the M2/Daylodge.

More Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=674
Plus: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2472

With Christmas past and enthusiasm for the Boxing Day sales over, there's the traditional ratcheting up of numbers as we head towards Hogmanay, so if your heading to Glenshee or CairnGorm and want to be near the top of the Carparks - you'll have to be an early bird, esp if you want to hire equipment at either. CairnGorm's hire was pretty much emptied today, so if your not an early bird the advise is hire before you get to the mountain. There are outlets in Aviemore itself, on the Ski Road (where Ski Road Skis used to be) and at Glenmore.

During the holidays there's buses every 20mins from Aviemore in the mornings from 6.35am.
snow report
Winterhighland, that looks absolutely brilliant & what a contrast to the unremitting clag here today. I wish I could have been there instead.
snow conditions
I'm thinking of booking some accommodation in Aviemore next weekend and skiing a day in Cairngorm and Glenshee (or wherever is looking best). Given the current snow conditions is there a good chance that there'll still be something worth skiing on next weekend?
ski holidays
Yes
ski holidays
Glenshee is basking in winter sunshine, but the clag is starting to come back in at the top of CairnGorm ahead of a cold front that will sweep down overnight. It's going to be a good deal colder for New Years Day with the freeezing level back to pretty much sea level, some snow showers perhaps for the Northern Cairngorms over the weekend. Could be a fair dump at the start of the week from a storm passing over or just North of Scotland, detail needs to firm up a bit though.
snow report
Dave Horsley wrote:
Yes

LOL, short and to the point - good seeing you albeit briefly from the WW poma up the hill today Dave Very Happy

He's right ArseCaptain, should be plenty to ski on particularly if the promised snow falls.

Happy Hognmanay guys Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Glenshee was windy, with sheets of boilerplate this morning, interspersed here and there with sheet ice; elsewhere with patches of wind blown snow. Apparently it rained last night then froze, then there have been some snow flurries. A few folk seemed to be having trouble getting up the last bit of the hill from the Blairgowrie side - saw a Volvo stopped while the driver fitted snow sox on the front wheels - I thought Volvo were rear wheel drive - have they converted to FWD (or is this just me showing my age !)?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy