Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow 2010/11 - latest webcams post 1

Poster: A snowHead
roga, it looks amazing up there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, It's also rather easier to clear the road from the north - it's more open compared to the gnadgery twisty narrow road up from the Spittal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm shaking with fury at the fact that I've got exams for the next fortnight... Crying or Very sad

Here's someone shredding it down Arthur's Seat:

http://youtube.com/v/lRJldrUKaDs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That someone, is finlay mickel per other post on Edinburgh skiing Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seriously?! haha, sorry for re-posting, then. Pretty cool though!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Glenshee today,
Brilliant. No queues and plenty of powder.
They are slowly opening more of the hill.

Robert
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is everyone out skiing? It's very quiet here! Heading up tomorrow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glenshee great skiing again today, with intermittent sunshine. Lift queues started to build about 11.30, still some lifts not yet in operation. Apparently the chairlift company had been intending to do their maintenance this month and were somewhat caught out by the early snow. For example, the Carn Aosda T-bar doesn't have and bars in place yet.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Up Cairngorm today. Great snow but very poor viz. Very fine snow showers and freezing fog, goggles froze over. Still pretty good once you got your confidence but nursing a sore knee from a spectacular fall after taking a 6 foot jump I hadn't seen.
There is so much snow, must surely be a season with the potential to match the last one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leaving in 30 mins for glenshee Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski, have a great day....

i'm just going to kelvingrove or ruchill park in glasgow for some flat practice
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was at Glenshee yesterday, the weather was pretty good, sunny spells, some clouds but only one or two moments of flat light. Loads of snow for this time of year although not as much as Cairngorm last weekend. Sunnyside pistes were rammed as was Meal Odhar. I went down the racetrack (which did say it was closed) and my fiends hiked up the Tiger (which was also closed) and both were a bit patchy and icy in places so some more snow needed. Going up Arthurs seat today with my new touring skis Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
glasgowcyclops wrote:
boabski, have a great day....

i'm just going to kelvingrove or ruchill park in glasgow for some flat practice

Did you go? Much snow?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi scotia, I have friends round for lunch today and I was out last night (just late not hammer ed Happy ). I fe3ll asleep again and I now dont have time to go.

However, I was up at the Lidl in saracen to get -60 screen wash yesterday and Ruchill park looks like it is quite deep (about a foot of firm snow if our street is anything to go by).

Our friends are coming at 2.30 so I may get take his son up sledging and take the skis. I'm really itching to get on some snow.

If you need directions to ruchill park. Go up byres road, then up Queen Margaret drive (past the old BBC) then straight throught the lights at maryhill road and up bilslsland drive. Its on the right.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
glasgowcyclops, I'm out the game with exams until at least the 10th, if not the 17th of the month unfortunately Sad

Careful on the pavements. I nearly decked it on Great George after sliding for about 2 feet Laughing
latest report
Not long back. Fantastic conditions at glenshee today. Queues were a bit of an 'issue' but to be fair, the staff really were doing their best. Will try to upload some photos later Very Happy
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/V8GIhUbMrR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
None of me and one of my sons skiing but just the amazing scenery
snow report
I know weekends shouldn't leave you knackered but I've got a big grin on my face anyway. Smile

Nevis yesterday, great cover for the time of year. Visibility not so good.

Nice long ski tour in the Pentlands today, excellent cover for the time of year. Visibility superb.

snow report
Looks amazing both of you, where is the video from?
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Looks amazing both of you, where is the video from?

Sorry just seen it, glenshee.
ski holidays
Cairngorm Today

High Cloud

Lovely snow

Good spells of sunshine

Excellent Toofy Grin

snow report
Yup - snow on the east Wall above the White Lady absolutely brilliant. A great day - and only 5 December. Why was the West Wall Poma not running? It made it a bit busy elsewhere.
snow report
Quote:

Why was the West Wall Poma not running? It made it a bit busy elsewhere.

Because it missing a return wheel which was on order, but has been delayed in France. It failed to arrive before the snow and is quite a big job to fit.

From Colin's Blog

"We still have to install a new return wheel on the West Wall Poma It took a lonf time to come from France and it arrived when all the snow arrived. It takes a concerted effort from all the Engineers to insatll it. i would hope to have it up and running for next weekend along with the Day Lodge."
latest report
^ wouldn't be an issue if a certain chairlift were runninig though would it!
snow report
Prep work to drop the line on the West Wall Poma was beginning yesterday afternoon for the return wheel change.
snow report
Cairngorm on Thursday

snow report
JDC, wow, great shots!
snow report

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do I see a pistebasher on the Glencoe Main Basin cam????

snow report
kitenski, Very Happy
latest report
Dave Horsley, Thanks. Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski, Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Carn Aosda, Glenshee yesterday:

Lovely light, dry snow out skier's left of the tow, some ski crunching rocks as well though! Confused

Other than that, the area between Caenlochan and Meall Odhar pomas was the pick of the snow we found. Overall cover is excellent. Glas Maol expected to open next week, should be cracking. Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

Glas Maol expected to open next week, should be cracking.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy +1
snow conditions
perhaps the best Scottish Ski film ever made?

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/video/
snow report

snow report
kitenski wrote:
perhaps the best Scottish Ski film ever made?

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/video/

Awesome awesome video!!! I so wish i could ski like that in fresh powder and off the beaten track, i just cant do it though for some reason? Which road is that on the end credits?
latest report
Great film.
ski holidays
Glenshee was still in super condition today, with wall to wall blue sky. Long may it continue !

If only I could find out how to post a picture into the thread - when I try to I keep getting an error message:

file not uploaded to the wanted location Error: No JPEG create support

Any suggestions ? Problem occurs in both IE and Firefox.
snow report
I use tinypic. Load it onto there, copy and paste the URL and then post it, thats where i upload all mine to and they always work.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy