Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Snow Report 10/11

Poster: A snowHead
Samerberg Sue, you must be feeling better hun! You've made it back onto the weather/conditions threads! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, Oh god no...it's a charter to Innsbruck with Crystal (TOM1135)....made that mistake a few years ago, never again.

Samerberg Sue, Are you in the Tirol region?....and if so, is that to get snow this weekend??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TheDelaney wrote:
heidiky, going out to Soll on the 19th Feb
D

Me too!
Keep a lookout on the weather outlook thread. They seem to be doing a good job of forecasting the forecasts!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TheDelaney, 19th Feb is ages away, if it doesn't snow before then I'll eat my hat! Usually after a warm spell like this the temp plummets and brings snow. Should be good for ya Smile

RetroBod, Although I'm getting a great goggle tan at the mo, the cold will come back Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dazman, I'm on the border with Tirol, Salzburg and Bavaria - Die Große Deutsche Ecke as it's called here.

Most of the local forecasts are showing snow coming in for Friday and Saturday at the moment - some of the lower regions may start out with rain on Friday but it is going to turn rapidly to snow as the temperatures fall. Currently all the forecasts I use are showing temperatures well below zero at night for the week starting 12th Feb and very close or just over for day times. Obviously that is a long range and things can change in either direction in the meantime, but the pressure systems are strongly indicating that we will come under a really cold northerly air stream as of the end of this week.

Today was beautiful with midday temperatures on my balcony of 16.5°C, but now the sun has gone, the mercury is diving down the thermometer.

queen bodecia, feeling as if I'm over the worst thanks, but the quack wrote me off sick all this week just to be on the safe side. I want to be fit when I fly out to South Africa on the 18th wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
went back up after lunch as it was so beautiful today, very quiet this was taken at 2pm

Pistes over on the Flachauwinkl side were very heavy going, but on Zauchensee they were ace, the red 6 run right at the top of the 2 er chair was pristine Very Happy If anyone is coming here take the time to have a beer at the Rauchkopfhutte at the top of the black10 at about 4pm, watch the sun setting , magnificent Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nibbley-uk, Yep tannenburg it was mate. great place, lovely staff, Fantastic area and we had a great time cheers.
Geoff
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tom W, Would like to see your pics. Please put them up when you get chance.
Geoff
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
heidiky, thanks very much, really looking forward to going now Smile

unsure about the apres ski though, I've never understood how people can go out and party after 8 hours out riding, then ride the next day with a hangover! Does Soll get particularly rowdy in the evenings?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Does Soll get particularly rowdy in the evenings?

Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TheDelaney, It can do!! Some late bars for the party animals. Where are you staying? I heard the 'rowdyness' last night from the red horse pub across the field but that was the first time all season.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heidiky, How's the forecast looking from the weekend on? And how has the snow held up over the last couple of days? Arriving on Friday afternoon and I am now slightly excited!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian_S, rain/sleet forecast for Friday, turning to snow over the weekend. The forecasts are still giving snow for all of next week but are hedging their bets on the amounts.

Take a look at: http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/soell-skiwelt

that is showing the forecast for the village level by the way.

We had our first heavy frost again last night for a few days and the general trend for the next few days is for the temperatures to sink again at night. This will make the maintenance of the pistes much easier as they can blow more snow.

Dinna fash yerself! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awesome Sue! that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Now I have to try to get some work done before I leave.
snow conditions
Ian_S, Pistes are holding up well, South facing slopes have been very spring like - icy first thing then slushy but most places are good. Off piste doesn't really exist at the mo, need a bit more coverage so no ski wrecking occurs! I'll keep you posted of any changes Smile
latest report
More warm for next week? Will the lower postes stand it? Confused
ski holidays
RetroBod, pretty much all the Austrian weather websites I look at are saying snow this weekend. Maybe starting out as rain lower down on Friday but colder after that and snow at all levels. After this is a lot less definite but looking like average temperatures with potentially more snow towards the end of next week. Overnight temperatures seem to be nicely cold so the pistes should stay in great condition. Fear ye not.
latest report
Thanks, weather is so fickle I should know better than to fret..... It will be what it will be!
19th can't come quick enough!! Then the wait will be over!
latest report
Skied yesterday in the Kirchberg area, mostly using the new Maierl lift. Today we met deerman and skied from Leogang to Saalbach and back. Pistes in good condition. Snow mostly very hard both days but softening up later when the sun got on it. Fantastic weather both days, blue cloudless skies. Here's a panorama (almost 360°) from the top of the Fleckalmbahn ...
snow report
espri, Just back and I guess we must have passed within inches of each other. I also skied Kirchberg side yesterday as well as some time over the S3 on the Jochberg side. Monday spent most of the time in the Hahnemkann area and again up & down to Kirchberg. Hard and icy in places but once it softened up it was terrific in the warm sun (got up to +12c mid mountain on monday I think!). Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised to find full cover all the way to Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. Pass Thurn/top of Jochberg definitely place to be though - best snow, less people.

Could all do with a top up of fresh though.
snow report
queen bodecia,

Quote:

pretty much all the Austrian weather websites I look at

can you post a few linky dinkies - i know of wetter.at and bergfex

are these the ones you look at?

Ta la

m
snow conditions
does anyone have an upto date snow report or forecast for Maria Alm? I can find Hochkonig but not Maria Alm itself, got 2 weeks till we go!
ski holidays
feefee, http://www.bergfex.at/mariaalm/wetter/ have fun, the snow will be great! click on the first picture at the bottom, thats the web cam for Maria Alm
ski holidays
Mattmulkeen, Have some fun with this one http://www.snow-forecast.com/
snow report
Thanks kooky, fingers crossed snowHead
latest report
Mattmulkeen, they're the ones I look at in addition to resort websites' own weather forecasts. Interestingly, SkiWelt is still giving out a bit of snow for tomorrow but Bergfex isn't now. But all are showing some snow for Sunday and the wigglies seem to be getting excited from the end of next week, although that's very much an unknown quantity.

The good news is the overnight temperatures are low enough for snow cannons which is keeping the pistes nicely topped up.
ski holidays
i hate snow-forecast.com, it's always wrong and they make you pay for a long range incorrect forecast, plus the snow report has absolutely no detail at all.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TheDelaney, long range forecasts certainly aren't worth a subscription fee. By their very nature they are often inaccurate.
snow report
TheDelaney,
Quote:

user
i hate snow-forecast.com, it's always wrong

oh hell must remember to tell my Austrian trainer that you said that. What would you suggest then Mystic Meg
ski holidays
TheDelaney, how the F**k do you know that - do you live in the mountains or do you visit for a week once a year? 19 Posts and he thinks he is God! Long way to go yet mate.

For God's sake give it a bloody rest all of you obsessing here and on the Weather thread. It will snow, SOMETIME.

THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH SNOW FOR SKIING it may just be some of you gnarly plonkers may not find as much "untracked powder" to make your ski trousers wet with the dreams you all seem to have of shredding it rolling eyes

All the forecasts I use are predicting a change in the weather and increased precipitation starting this weekend in my neck of the woods - what none of them agree on is how much, what form or when. Capische! rolling eyes

Get a life some of you FFS!
snow report
Christ, just popped in for a look and had to duck the toys..
latest report
Picadilly, Hahahahaaaaa ahhahaha. Me too.
ski holidays
kooky wrote:
TheDelaney,
Quote:

user
i hate snow-forecast.com, it's always wrong

oh hell must remember to tell my Austrian trainer that you said that. What would you suggest then Mystic Meg

I see a tall dark cloud coming into your life. Now is a time of change... is it snow or is it dandruff? Only the stars can tell. Your lucky wax is bikini. Your lucky ski is yogurt. Beware the slides of March Laughing
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, But if I get 47 flakes of snow per square foot per minute it will be worth me taking my fats out. Why the hell can't they give us the information we need!!!! wink
ski holidays
I once read that when a foehn wind blows it has been known to have effects on peoples moods and in extreme cases can lead to some mental instability. I am wondering if one is blowing in the Austrian Alps this evening. Toofy Grin
snow report
Whoa
Whoa
Whoa

Just saying,

http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1640352/Is+this+your+cat/
ski holidays
TheDelaney, The correct technical term is pussy wink
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, and... relax... breathe... and... relax. I don't think TheDelaney did anything more than express a fairly well-held opinion actually. Got nowt to do with where he/she lives or how many posts. And I don't think you can win arguments just because you live out there - apart from your encyclopedic knowledge of back roads and cheap diesel of course. And I'm struggling to see where peeps have slagged off the conditions in Austria either.

Anyway TheDelaney I'm with you to a degree. Yes, their snow reports are a bit iffy, mainly because they are provided by SCGB who sometimes seem to measure lengthways rather than depth, easy mistake. As stated above, I was in Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg earlier this week and the snow report very helpfully told me that "The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes" (when will they think up something new?) which, as it turned out was a complete guess - some of the best stuff was to be found on the runs down to Kirchberg and it depended on the aspect and time of day. If they are going to do it properly they should say which runs to go for. The 6 day snow forecast itself though was accurate, just as it was at Christmas.
ski holidays
Blimey, what a lot of shouting.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy