Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mellow back-country skiing in Australia - yesterday

Poster: A snowHead
Guthega is in the Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales. Cute 2'30" video shot yesterday 22 August:

http://youtube.com/v/_n5LxcOGifw&feature=search
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great to see they were all kitted out for the backcountry rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty naff skiers generally, to my untutored eye.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Great to see they were all kitted out for the backcountry rolling eyes
- astonishing!

Hurtle wrote:

That's a bit harsh... not everyone on the planet skis (or does anything) to the same standard - doesn't mean they're not allowed to be out there enjoying themselves. Just slightly better prepared would be good though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, absolutely, 'twas merely an observation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
Given that the snow looks like heavy sludge in most of that film I'd say they were doing OK to be honest. No equipment is not a good idea though!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steilhang, obviously I'm used to seeing only sheer brilliance posted on here! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:

Seemed fine to me. Ain't that what it's all about. Bunch of mates going out having some fun.
Most telling thing about the whole thing is at 2.06 on the vid. Says it all
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Group of mates with varying standards - as you get with any group. All coping well, having a lot of fun - and I wish I was there rather than here. Where's a wistful smiley?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So what bc equipment are you expecting them to have. Can't tell if they are wearing beacons, and it doesn't look like they have probes or shovels. But I don't wear a beacon when I'm BC skiing on my own in Scotland. From the video the terrain doesn't look particularly steep or avalanche prone, but dificult to really tell without being there at the time. I'd be more woried that they probably didn't have a map or compass or skins. Just shows that i worry more about getting lost if the weather closes in than getting avalanched when I'm out in Scotland.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some of the snow looked difficult. I wouldn't say they're bad skiers, ok they're not excellent but still very capable of linking roundish turns on variable snow.

But no shovels and probes = not a good idea.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it did not really seem like Back Country as such (the lifts and pistes were quite close by) and most of what they were on was quite shallow and probably not much moe than 15 degrees. They are probably safer where they were than on a busy red piste Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:

one should be careful with such generalisation whilst viewing a short clip of video, both on the mountain and in fridges wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
at least they were wearing helmets wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops,
Quote:

one should be careful with such generalisation
Yessir, I stand corrected and shall leave all future observations to those who obviously know best.
ski holidays
Wayne wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Seemed fine to me. Ain't that what it's all about. Bunch of mates going out having some fun.
Most telling thing about the whole thing is at 2.06 on the vid. Says it all

Tend to agree with you Wayne and Rayscoops.

They look as if they are having a ball and in the end isn't that all that bloody well counts.

Way too much BS talked here about gear, inside or outside edges, inner or outer tip lead and, heaven forbid, helmets, winter tyres and wicking underwear. Anyone would think the Brits are the only skiers in the world on occasions! rolling eyes

I just have to admit to being GREEN with envy that they are having so much fun in the snow right now. Who gives a flaming monkeys as to whether they have all the BC kit or that they aren't "purty" skiers! Toofy Grin

They are out there doing it while we have to wait another 3 or 4 months! Going green

ski holidays
Hurtle, are you on a wind-up or do you really want to be Nadenoodle? Wink
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, no, I honestly thought they didn't look awfully good on what looked (in part at least) like flattish terrain. Nice smiles, but otherwise a slightly boring clip really, when compared with all the other stoke that's been posted here in recent weeks. Anyway, my brief throwaway remark, not weighed up in usual lawyerly/pedantic fashion and expressly 'untutored', really wasn't worth the flaming I've earned, particularly from you Samerberg Sue - way OTT. It's a bit sad being green with envy at Australian snow isn't it? When you're skiing, they will presumably be having beach holidays.
ski holidays
Hurtle, I was only teasing you because of your recent less than elegant vid from the HH fridge, although conditions were quite windy for you too Little Angel wink
ski holidays
rayscoops, I've never professed to be a good skier.
ski holidays
I quite like the video, not 'hey dude that was epic', just a few friends having a good time on snow. Thankfully there's no music overlay.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy