Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cool Villages near Hintertux, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a picturesque Alpine village(s) within striking distance of Hintertux in Austria?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about lanersbach and vorderlanersbach, they are the closest small villages to hintertux with a number of small hotels. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold, You might find some of the info on this thread useful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold, Hintertux is at the end of a fairly narrow long and pretty valley. So all the nearby villages are on the same approach road. I'd stay at the Lanersbacherhof, great food and wine. I've only been there for skiing pre season -October and November. But have had great fun hiking there in summer too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
our group has skied about 15 different resorts in 12 years never going back to the same resort, except this year we are returning to lanersbach about 4 miles from hintertux. its a nice compact village with a few bars and some very nice restaurants one of which does an all you can eat buffet fro 15 euro. price of a pint is 3-4eu.
we say in apartments with 6 day passi ncl for less than 400eu. even though I tried very hard i couldnt spend more than 250 eu for the whole week! we did the whole trip everthing incl accom, lift pass, transfer from munich, flights, ski hire (good quality skis and boots for 70eu) insurance, 700 euro total.
i cant understand why prices are so low here as it has everything, incl garanteed snow, fantastic food and drink, great links into the ski area, very friendly locals etc etc. volderlanersbach is just 2 min away but does not have the same ski resort atmosphere. www.gudrun.at were the apartments we stayed in just next to the lifts and ski back to door in the evening.
LANERSBACH MAGIC.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy