Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend snowboarding help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, this is my first post on the site and I am a newbie boarder, so hi to everyone. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I and 5 friends would like to go snowboarding for the weekend from 17th Dec to 21st 2010, but are finding it difficult finding anything. We went to Chatel last year for a week and wouldn't mind the same again or Chamonix, anywhere thats easy to get to. We would ideally like a self catering place, and would probably fly. It's got to be cheap though, as we would like to do it again in February.

We really are stuck as to where to begin, we're all to old to be back packing and to poor to be lording it. Any help would be recieved gladly.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
differentshades, Others will disagree, but my standard advice this time of year is:

Wait for a last minute TO deal, as at that point of the season you actually need to know where the snow is. And as with your main stated crterium, will give you the best bang for your buck.

Around this time of the year, until a couple of days before you want to go, is the worst time to book anything if the Dinari are tight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We do any day arrival 3/4 night breaks and have availability at our ski/snowobard to the door chalet in Les Coches, Paradiski 17th - 20th Dec @ £159 per person or 17th - 21st Dec @ £190 per person INCLUDING set time evening Geneva transfers and 3 / 4 nights catered accommodation with breakfast, afternoon tea with cake & three course dinner with free flowing wine. http://www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/chalet-melezes-and-mazot

Nothing self catering though, sorry!

BCjohnny, There aren't many tour operaters who just do weekends that I'm aware of, but if you know of some TO weekend deals I'd be interested ... thanks!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
differentshades, both suggestions above are good.

another suggestion is to look for good priced flights for your dates (include flying from city airport if you're based in london, swiss airlines include board carriage as part of the price of the flight) and book them, then base your choice of resort on those flights. geneva airport is always a good start. hth
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went here last year for a weekend, can recommend it http://www.karibuni.co.uk/ski_holidays/catered_chalet/ski_short_breaks.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
City break in Innsbruck
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used to do this pretty regularly, book flights & hire car now to GVA, book accommodation a few days in advance when you know what's good. We used to end up in Tignes a lot, sometimes Avoriaz or Chamonix. Whwn you know what the snow's like, it might be worth putting a request on Chaletsdirect's forum to see who's got a good deal going on - it's a very quiet week so you might be able to get something pretty nice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
differentshades, try snowandtrekmorzine... they have a number of good appartments in morzine and can be flexiblish on pricing/occupancy in non peak weeks..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Missus and I used SkiWeekends.com last year. Coach from London overnight to 3 valleys, staying in Bride les Bains. Very reasonable in my book and coach journey not too painful either.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountainsun Ltd. We had three trips with them last season and they were great. Arrive anyday leave anyday.

We did the les coches chalet and it was great. Food was superb and was 5 mins from the action and lifts. Its a no brainer in my opinion snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We did a 4 night break with Fleixble Breaks (http://www.flexiblebreaks.com/) to Montgenevre a few years back. Worked well with cheap flights to Turin.

Done several DIY's long weekends to Austria flying cheap airline to Salzburg then picking up a hire car and heading to Kaprun. Lots of s/c accom option round Kaprun & Zel am See. The tourist office holds a list of them all.

Also done DIY long weekend to Chamonix. Fly geneva, car hire (although there are buses and transfer companys) and we found tehse guys good for apartments : www.sno-station.com and they were happy to do us short breaks out of season.

You'll obviously pay the most if you fly fri night and sun night, so if you want it reasonably cheap you will have to take some leave and do things like sat night to tue night.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy