Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitters in Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can tell you where I wouldn't go: fanatyk. The bootfitter who served us last year was arrogant, condescending, patronising, almost bullying and his boss was sadly worse. And this bearing in mind that service levels in almost any other establishment of any kind in Whistler are very very high indeed. In the fortnight I spent there, this shop was really the only place I found any reason at all to be unhappy with and it seems I wasn't alone. Locals and hotel staff I spoke to smiled wryly when I mentioned my experience there. I'd imagine the shop's customers are mainly one time out of towners and readers of certain forums. In the end, found something suitable with reasonable service at a branch of CanSki.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We always used to go to Wild Willies, it was a little bit out of town but a lot of locals I know used them for years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a guy at snowcovers always gets hotly tipped but you have to book him. I'd avoid Fanatyk too if only for the ridiculous amount of 'tude there seems to be on the odd occasion I've stepped inside.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
George at McCoos is the best in town, but works by appointment only, and isn't cheap. Erin is the man to see at Can-ski (think he swiched to Blackcomb last year). Surprised at slikedges experience at Fanatykco as they used to be quite good. Things might have changed since they expanded (didn't have cause to go in there last year)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fanatyk did a good job on my boots last year. Chap who did them really knew his stuff, and stayed late/got in extra early to make sure the mods needed were done and I could get a few days/tweaks done as I was only in town for a few days. I was perhaps an "out of towner" on this occasion but have spent quite some time in Whistler getting to know the shops in town. Snowcovers did my previous boots and though they were good in the end it took about 6 weeks of boot-work and pain to get them property sorted (admittedly I got touring-ish boots this time so a little easier).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, maybe one has to fit their mould (not their last) to qualify for more than gaper level service
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, I wouldn't condemn them outright as I've never actually experienced their service but after standing around for 5 minutes while no-one acknowledged me when I wanted to enquire about an appointment I went elsewhere. At the time the staff seemed to be busy being core with their bros and a couple of wealthy gapers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, so what you're saying is Fanatyk is only for gapers? rolling eyes You best tell me the signs so I can try not to look like one next time I'm there wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No there were some "core" locals in there having stuff done plus a couple in matching Bogner IIRC who looked like they were getting the full works. As you know full well, Vancouverites and mountain locals tend not to major on the Bogner look. You probably can carry off the slightly worn Arc'teryx look and tasteful beanie wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah oh - no beanie, though I do have the worn arcteryx gear Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy