Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski School Law for the Tirol is Good News for St.Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This week has seen a major change to the law relating to Ski Schools in the Tirol. For several years now an ever growing group of independent ski instructors have been fighting the Arlberg Ski School and local government over their right to operate as independent instructors and guides. Up until now the law has been that in order to run and operate a ski school you had to have an office, a meeting place and enough instructors to offer a full range of instruction in all winter sports. Now this has all changed. You no longer need an office or meeting place and can operate as a one man band without having to offer instruction in all winter sports. You of course have to hold the qualifaction for Staatlicher & Schifuhrer along with a business qualification for running a ski school. This is great news for St.Anton, the village has been split for some time - some pro the ski school and others unhappy with it. There have been all sorts of power struggles going on behind the scenes with attempts to remove those in charge! What this should now mean for the village is that the growing group of independent instructors will now be able to operate legally and without interference from the ski school. The ski school will now have to up its game by providing a quality service as it will now have plenty of competition for the tourist business. I suspect that it will also have to reassess how much it pays top instructors as it is not rocket science to work out they could now earn a great deal more money by becoming independent. Will be interesting to follow this saga which will no doubt run and run!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good news indeed! Is this just the Tirol?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sidneyreilly wrote:
I suspect that it will also have to reassess how much it pays top instructors as it is not rocket science to work out they could now earn a great deal more money by becoming independent.

Top Ski Instructors or Local Ski Instructors who can get the best tables & discounts at lunchtime? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As far as I am aware it is just in the Tirol at the moment but for sure it will eventually be for the whole of Austria...... Hey Stanton, I guess the ski instructors that get the best table aslo get the best tips from their clients - so maybe they stay with Ritchie Blush
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting news... The Arlberg Schi Schule will have to up it's game a bit now, I didn't feel guests always got the level of service they should have, and get in other places.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sidneyreilly wrote:
As far as I am aware it is just in the Tirol at the moment but for sure it will eventually be for the whole of Austria...... Hey Stanton, I guess the ski instructors that get the best table aslo get the best tips from their clients - so maybe they stay with Ritchie Blush

I think you know what I mean Very Happy Newcomers independents (from outside Tirol) will find it hard to strike up any kind of local relationship?
Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Now that's interesting news. Thanks for posting.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I think we will see less locals working in the ski school as they will make more money with their own clients, so the ski school will have to employ more instructors from outside Tirol.... Will be interesting to see what happens..... No doubt the group of local independant guys that have already banded together will expand.... and then run into the problems associated with running an expanding busines... Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So you think another 'full' ski school will open, as opposed to just a few independants operating?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
sidneyreilly wrote:
I suspect that it will also have to reassess how much it pays top instructors as it is not rocket science to work out they could now earn a great deal more money by becoming independent.

Top Ski Instructors or Local Ski Instructors who can get the best tables & discounts at lunchtime? wink

The least important service by a very long way, that I expect from an instructor or mountain guide, is the ability to get the best table or discount at lunchtime.

The teaching scene in St Anton has been long overdue for a shake up, so let's hope that change is at last happening for all of us that enjoy the resort for it's other aspects.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Clarky999

No, I don't think we will see another full ski school opening..... this new law negates the need for that. What I foresee is more independants. If they continue to band together they are going to need a lot more organisation - at the moment it is all done mostly by one person on a mobile phone whilst skiing..... I think eventually there will be a few small groups of good instructors doing there own thing.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy