Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
http://darronrahlves.hookit.com/members/daronrahlves/blog/?resourceId=daff62c3-6589-4fc6-bb0a-02b4f98d5813 from St Anton on 22nd Dec. Skiing as fast as me after the Moos Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Darron Rahlves was outclassed by a local young skier (Spiss) who has been out of compettitive racing for well over 5 yrs . Spiss led all races by over 30metres and if it was not for a binding/ski techincal failure on one of the jumps he would of been the overall winner by a very long way!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 23-12-10 19:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very warm now 19:00hrs.

Tonight/Tomorow rain expected but this should turn to snow sometime and by Saturday in "Stuben" maybe upto 0.5M snow, will be less in St Anton around 30cms.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton, Looking good, coming out 15th January, cant wait!!.............getting busier yet? Hows the new Mooserwirt, much of an improvement in the bar etc?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Mooserwirt has not changed since years....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The forecasted snow did not deliver

Just a covering of Dandruff over the mountain.

This morning it is lightly snowing. The temperature has dropped down to -13C which is good Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spoke to the team at the hotel in Sankt Anton we stay at last night to wish them Frohe Weinachten, and they said big dumps coming in next 2 weeks, and well overdue they say. Mountain guide, he says get ready for great conditions mid January, cant wait, yee haaa!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29, an amazing futures forecast from someone with a vested interest, hard to be believe they can be so accurate Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nothing happens in January, its to cold , sure there be snow but now he next big snow will be February
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Next snow in Feb eh? Sounds just about right for when I head back out there (so long as my ankle's healed fine and the doc's good on his word and takes my cast off!).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, How cynical, happen to be friends and I trust their judgement having lived there for 40 years!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29, Honestly if anyone could forecast that far ahead they would be very rich!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Town filled up now for the Silvester week. Today was the last day to get some really empty slopes & queue free lifts until January 8th.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
works for me , i arrive on the 9th snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

http://youtube.com/v/ULQKL_8xQgo

http://youtube.com/v/j0geB_cf7vA
snow conditions
Nice skis them kastle's Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Conditions are pretty icy.. Rendl tends to hold up better.. Sonnenkopf had a lot.. a lot.. of rocks showing up on the pistes.
latest report
Hopefully some decent snow on the horizon...................early next week

WettervorschauDo, 30. Dezember - Mi, 05. JännerDo, 30.12.

-4°-8°wolkig 5 km/h
OSO Fr, 31.12.

-4°-9°heiter 4 km/h
ONO Sa, 01.01.

-5°-10°heiter 7 km/h
WNW So, 02.01.

-9°-14°leichter Schneefall 6 km/h
SW Mo, 03.01.

-8°-14°leichter Schneefall 7 km/h
WNW Di, 04.01.

-5°-10°Schneefall 11 km/h
WSW Mi, 05.01.

-5°-9°Schneefall 10 km/h
WNW
snow report
It doesn't sound too good, icy?!??! And no major snowfall until Feb? That's hard to believe with the whole of Jan still ahead of us. I'm heading to Anton on 22 Jan, really looking forward to it. March 2010 was great, although a lot of small avalanches around, happy valley was closed the entire week we were there..
snow conditions
We came back on Sunday, so this is a bit out of date; we last skied on Christmas Day. This was my first trip to St Anton, but conditions generally far exceeded my expectations for a Christmas break, and there seems to be a pretty solid base both on the pistes and the ski routes. Lech, Zurs and Zug were much thinner - especially Lech - but almost everything was open and very well covered on the main St Anton slopes and in Rendl and Stuben. Some parts of the mountain had a pretty decent top-up on 24-25 Dec, and I was skiing in approx 30cm of fresh on Rendl on Christmas day. The central groomers became pretty icy after a warm period on 22-23 Dec, especially the blacks and steeper reds, but the bump runs were in blissfully good condition - I'm thinking particularly of run 3 under the Rendlbahn, 33 from the top of Kappel and the ski route under the Massbahn in Rendl.

I don't think there needs to be too much worry about conditions in late January. Things couldn't be much better at this point, although a lot can happen in 3-4 weeks.
ski holidays
It snowed around 5-10cm yesterday so that should improve things vastly for the mean time...
ski holidays
We had around 20cms overnight . Powder Skiing was to be found in many areas.

Conditions are excellent right now.
latest report
OK Folks Happy New Year

New Years Day will be pristine sking conditions

Enjoy Very Happy
ski holidays
stanton, happy new year to you, looks like you will have a cold but nice day snowHead here hoping for just a little more snow for the week after Toofy Grin
latest report
Today was polar cold, Whiteout condtions high up and a little dusting of dandruff .

Tomorrow should be sunnier but temps will remain very cold.

Dreikönig ( 3 Kings) National Holiday is this Thursday (6th Jan) so should be a long weekend for Austrians.

Virus

There is also a virus (Flu/Throat) going around town amoungst all the Ski Bums,staff & tourists.

Its not unusual it happens every year.
latest report
On the German alpinforum.com they say conditions are quite bad.

I am confused.
snow report
I'm due out on Saturday snowHead

been looking at the wetter.at forecast at this link http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/st-anton-am-arlberg

Looks cracking to me, is this a reliable forecast site (thinking yes as it's what the Austrians would use) ?

Can't wait no matter what the conditions are.
ski holidays
2planks, No, not very reliable...

Keep an eye on the forecast on the www.skiarlberg.at website, and also the Weather Outlook thread on here
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am also off to St Anton on Sat 8th, i have also heard that there has not been that much new snow of late along with yo-yo temps.
I would not get stressed out over it, we get what we get conditions wise. But yes a nice dump of fresh would be nice ready for sunday Smile
snow report
Skiing is Perfect.

100% Open.

It is only January so the base off piste is not deep however it is skiable.

Yesterday morning there was fresh new snow with some quite decent Powder on Bachseite and elsewhere

Snow machines are running day & night.

It is very cold so the piste are icy later on in the day.

More snow is expected Thursday.

http://youtube.com/v/VSFr8wjwhB4

The Valluga 22 December

Valluga, St Anton 22/12-10 from Martin Gillmén
http://vimeo.com/18217283
snow report
Is that walk along the ridge the alternative to taking a guide and riding the Valluga 2 lift? think I'd pay for a guide if so Wink
snow conditions
kitenski,it's the walk down from Valluga II towards the Bridge couloir. You can see Valluga II a few times when they look back.
snow report
first video has to make you smile Razz the one thing that should never change is the fun factor Very Happy
snow conditions
Arlberg Forecast... Hoping that our resorts can avoid the worst of the heavy rain forecast further west...

Wednesday will bring calm, quite cold winter weather. Then, the general weather situation will change. The wind will turn to south-west, strengthen and bring significantly milder air masses. More humid air is expected, larger patches of clouds will cover the skies. Sunny spells will be rare, foehny conditions may approach in the north of the main Alpine ridge. Weak precipitation may approach by Saturday. Due to the south-westerly weather situation, significant weather phenomena are not forecast in the near future.
ski holidays
nozawaonsen wrote:
kitenski,it's the walk down from Valluga II towards the Bridge couloir. You can see Valluga II a few times when they look back.

Is that the normal route of the Valluga? I would like to ski it when I have more off-piste experience, but it looks terrifying!
snow report
Precise weather for Wednesday

Perfect Ski conditions.

Morning

Galzig -8 Sunny

Rendl -8 Sunny

Albona -10 Sunny/HighCloud

Afternoon

Galzig -7 Sunny/HighCloud

Rendl -6 Sunny

Albona -9 Sunny
ski holidays
Eyeopener, it is one of the two main variants. The other one is straight off the back of the weather station. Potentially a bit more exposed if something were to go badly wrong, but with less scrambling over rocks.
snow conditions
Completely off topic here but here is an email from Chris Lee (ex CCJ's and legendary St Anton regular) sent to one of the lads that I go to St Anton with. His email address is chrisleeblues@gmail.com if anyone wants to get in touch and wish him well.

Hope you have had a great Christmas ,and have a cracking new year,,,sadly i wont be back in st Anton ,,as if all go,s well i will be back in the states ,,late feb ,,to start a tour
in march ,,with a new band ,'',the hodgson and lee blues project'' i made the break last year ,,went to the states,,and met the right band ,playing blues working with a great band
the front man has worked with muddy waters ,,BB,king ,,buddy guy,,,and canned heat,,i found gigs straightaway,,was on the radio,,,got spotted by a famous promoter,,did a sell out gig,,have an album coming out ,,and now iam trying to sort my visa out with lawyers and promoters,,its very expensive and complicated but,bit by bit iam getting there ,,i changed my life ,,3 years 2months clean n sober,,,and playing what i was best at ,,and with all my heart ''THE BLUES'',,,wont stop now until i,ve made it ,,,helmut in the griabli has a recording of the big gig i did in USA ,,ask him to make you a copy,,,it will be out later on in the year,,we do a big promotional tour starting in DAYTONA,,,i will let you know how things are working out ,,,give my love to all the gang in the griabli ,,sending you love n light xxx Chris
boabski wrote:
Completely off topic here but here is an email from Chris Lee (ex CCJ's and legendary St Anton regular) sent to one of the lads that I go to St Anton with. His email address is chrisleeblues@gmail.com if anyone wants to get in touch and wish him well.

Hope you have had a great Christmas ,and have a cracking new year,,,sadly i wont be back in st Anton ,,as if all go,s well i will be back in the states ,,late feb ,,to start a tour
in march ,,with a new band ,'',the hodgson and lee blues project'' i made the break last year ,,went to the states,,and met the right band ,playing blues working with a great band
the front man has worked with muddy waters ,,BB,king ,,buddy guy,,,and canned heat,,i found gigs straightaway,,was on the radio,,,got spotted by a famous promoter,,did a sell out gig,,have an album coming out ,,and now iam trying to sort my visa out with lawyers and promoters,,its very expensive and complicated but,bit by bit iam getting there ,,i changed my life ,,3 years 2months clean n sober,,,and playing what i was best at ,,and with all my heart ''THE BLUES'',,,wont stop now until i,ve made it ,,,helmut in the griabli has a recording of the big gig i did in USA ,,ask him to make you a copy,,,it will be out later on in the year,,we do a big promotional tour starting in DAYTONA,,,i will let you know how things are working out ,,,give my love to all the gang in the griabli ,,sending you love n light xxx Chris

Fantastic news!!! I remember watching Chris play in the old Underground many years ago, and more recently in s'Griabli, he was always excellent and I wondered if he'd make it big some day.
ski holidays
Glad he sobered up and made it out of St Anton..... A few others could do the same but not in same class.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy