Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Mooserwirt new website now online

http://www.mooserwirt.at/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like it's snowing again/still on the webcams this morning
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been snowing for the past few days from what some of the guys I know out there have been telling me. Can't wait to get back out there just as soon as I get this stupid pot off my foot and back walking! Looks like it's shaping up for a good season
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Woohoo

St Anton website now reporting 185cm snow up top and 60cm in the village, are these the best conditions this early on !?

I can't wait going out on 8th Jan staying in the sporthotel . snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeehaa..........going on 15th Jan and cant wait, snowing all this week and very cold, brilliant prospects for a great season Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apres Ski Hits 2011 Mooserwirt over on German Forum

http://youtube.com/v/mLbPV_o7uek

http://youtube.com/v/FH8hUAs-oW8
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, looking good. We are off there on the 8th all so, looking forward to it. Shaping up nicely, all we need now is a big dump on the 8th overnight ready for the sunday morning Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd like it to dump on the evening of 16th Jan as I'll be driving in during the morning. Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're of to Lech this Wednesday !!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
KK's new Terrace

More photos on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=472239754721&set=a.472239679721.256984.90701019721#!/photo.php?fbid=472239909721&set=a.472239679721.256984.90701019721&pid=5353883&id=90701019721
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2planks, I have been in 60 cm of powder on the lower pistes on 1st Dec a few years ago Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/1Kto6veFwSc
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I arri8ved in Lech yesterday. First skiing today, 6inches+ of fresh snow on top of an icy base & still snowing. Glorious skiing, sun came out for lunch at Petersboden. I'm told the Madloch opened thid afternoon for the powderhounds. We are due to do the white ring tommorrow. It is below freezing so it should still be great for Christmas week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lechbob, enjoy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is the White ring a loop around Lech/Zurs? I was looking at it last year with my kids, it appears I can do 99% of it on blues, does anyone have a view on wether a 10 and 7 year old could do it? 10 year old is parallel, 7 year old isn't!
snow report
kitenski, in a word, no. There is a long, wonderful, but often unpisted itinerary down to Zug which forms an unavoidable part of the Ring
ski holidays
red 27, cheers, sounds like I should get over to Zug anyhow when the kids are in lessons Smile
latest report
kitenski, Highly recommended, but get out early to beat the crowds at peak times. Fantastic run but it is a challenge down to Zug and as previous post says it may be too much for your youngest, steep and icy and unprepared in places also. To do the Ring it takes 5 hours or so, including the Zurs section enjoy it!
ski holidays
kitenski, Is is a fun circuit - although slightly contrived. Watch when you do it as if you get the cable car from Lech at 10.00am with eveyone else you will run into the mother of all queues at the Zurs 2 man chair up to the top of the Madjocklock(sp Laughing ) intinerary. If staying in Lech I would say get the bus to Zurs and whip straight up the fast quad chair up to said 2-man, and start the Ring there.

I did that and got the first lift up from Zurs and completed the circuit in about 90 mins and had pure untracked virginity all the way down to Zug. Madeye-Smiley

but oops - we have strayed OT on this thread Embarassed

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 14-12-10 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
http://www.derweissering.at/DWR010/

Tip.

Start in Zurs finish in Zurs.

Avoid Wednesdays as virtually every Tour Operator takes there guests and reserves many well known stops (Mountain Huts).
snow conditions
I agree with Stanton, but be on the first lift and bezz about...............begin by going up the 2P old chair, down and accross road to Zurs.................hint, go up Muggengratbahn and do the loop on left back down to Zurs before going up Madloch, you'll enjoy that warm up and mega scenery before you do the big run down to Zug (one of my Top 5 routes)...............fantastic day out but keep moving and keep ahead of the crowd................take plenty of €'s for lunch in Oberlech!! Great open runs on otherside of valley on Trittkopf etc......only 4 weeks to go, yee haa Toofy Grin
snow report
boabski wrote:
Lechbob, enjoy
thankyou. A great day with fantastic snow conditions, the sky was overcast for all but a brief glimpse of sun late afternoon but visibility and light were not too bad. Not many people on the slopes and deep untacked snow to be found off piste everywhere. The Madloch lift did not open so we had to bus it back from Zurs.
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Is the White ring a loop around Lech/Zurs? I was looking at it last year with my kids, it appears I can do 99% of it on blues, does anyone have a view on wether a 10 and 7 year old could do it? 10 year old is parallel, 7 year old isn't!

First thing in the morning, the Madloch - Zug section is really only "blue". Groomed and almost nobody on it. The only time I have seen it not groomed is when it has opened just after a big storm.

It becomes more difficult as the day progresses - fairly serious bumps, some icy sections, and lots of people.
snow report
Yestreday we took the bus to Alp Raus but condition were worse in the next valley,it was a white out & we sort refuge firstly in the Ulmer hut with hot chocholate & rum and then groped our way back down to St Anton & then on to St Christoph for a long and great lunch in the Hospitz Alms & then called it a day.
Today was a perfect blue sky day with great snow to be enjoyed. The Madloch opened then closed to deal with an accident and a avalanche or so we were told, it re-opened at miday & we did the White Ring after lunch. Plenty of snow on the route which was getting roughed up but good fun, a great day.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 16-12-10 20:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Today perfect snow all over abeit very cold this morning. Stilll youhave the mountain to yourself at these times Happy next week it will become more manic.

More snow expected soon Happy
latest report
New Snow today. Powder turns , ver cold.

Rendl opened but as always the base not as deep as on the west side of the Arlberg.

Empty slopes.

One of the best starts to the season in 20 yrs +
snow report
Going green
snow conditions
YaaHooooooo snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here in Lech it's snowed all day. Amazing conditions. Hoping for sun tomorrow.
snow report
Had a good day in St. Anton today: light snow all day and very cold. Pistes were almost empty this morning, a little more busy this afternoon. Conditions: perfect! Tomorrow should be a very cold and sunny day, so it should be great!
snow conditions
Sounds pretty good... Very Happy
ski holidays
Looks pretty good in the Arlberg this morning...

Very Happy
snow conditions
Today in Stuben

3 skibums messed up in an Avalanche on the North Face. Not sure of all detail apparentlyt lucky because it was upto 400M slide.
One (worked in St Anton Pizza joint) has a broken leg .

Very cold today.

Normal winter temperature tomorrow (sunday) , around -9C morning -7C afternoon.

Weather trend is looking for much warmer days

Xmas holiday crowds are begining to arrive today.
latest report
Great pow today in Warth -13c in the car much colder in the wind. slab break aways on the south facing slopes.
latest report
No guests here because of snow chaos in northern europe.

Later this week Thursday Friday there is a prospect of a SERIOUS long term DUMP , get your snorkels out !!
ski holidays
Later this week Thursday Friday there is a prospect of a SERIOUS long term DUMP , get your snorkels out !![/quote]

Like the sound of this. Have just booked some off piste adventure in early jan Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Lech's pistes very windblown at the top, but great skiing over in St.Anton today!
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/iT65Si14UJw
latest report
We are in the middle of a couple of days of Fohn +2C . Things should change Thursday night rain followd by two days of SNOW.

A lot of Hotels/chalets lost out on no show customers (cancellations becuse of weather) from the UK this week.
snow report
Just noticed Candide Kamera 2 Podcast on Freeskier Magazine on iTunes last night. First one was set in Stuben and Montgenevre (from memory). Looks like Candide has been filming in Stuben again. What an amzing skier http://www.candidekamera.com/cinemaroom/Kamera2/Kamera2.html Looks like CK2 has been out for while so apologies if you already know about it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy