Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All European School Holidays 2011 Shown Here

Poster: A snowHead
Just had this through and thought someone might like to make it a sticky. See y'all in a while. Click on the thumbnail if you want to see a larger copy. Its never 100% right but it does give a damn good insight into the weeks to avoid.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and English school holidays (by County or Town) 2010/2011 can be found here
http://www.swtourism.org.uk/files/download.php?m=documents&f=091120153741-SchoolHolidays201011.pdf
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, thanks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, very useful, thank you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Boredsurfing, thanks very much, so useful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, do you have the original (excel?)?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you. Thats v. useful Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
here's another one http://www.holidays-info.com/School-Holidays-Germany/2011/school-holidays_2011.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone have previous versions of this that used to be up here? In particular 2008/09 and 2009/10. Thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought that there was special dispensation on 'holidays' for snowHead 's offspring?

What, with the archaic schooling in this country being so bad and parents can teach so much more by taking kids out for an 'educational' trip abroad during term time, and then dumping them on some poor ski school with a non-English speaking Frenchman all day, before then moaning about how terrible the lessons were and seeking advice on a nice English speaking school for next time.....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
charliwest wrote:
Does anyone have previous versions of this that used to be up here? In particular 2008/09 and 2009/10. Thanks

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55341
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Voice of Reason, did you drop into this thread just to be unpleasant?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, Yes, I did......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i'm soooo glad we've booked our ski trip for a whole week when every single school kid in europe should be behind a desk Smile

roll on March 20th Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shoogly wrote:
i'm soooo glad we've booked our ski trip for a whole week when every single school kid in europe should be behind a desk Smile

roll on March 20th Very Happy

We have pencilled in that week too and I noticed on the spreadsheet the other day! There are only 2 or 3 totally clear weeks in the season when you look at it and that is one of them Laughing
snow conditions
So the best time for an Aussie to ski the Alps is from Monday 3 January 2011 to Saturday 2 April 2011. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
That's my maximum of 90 days in the Shengen states (includes France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy). You lucky Brits being EU citizens can stay as long as you like, but us aliens can only stay 90 days in any 6 month period. But then in 90 days in the Alps should allow me to do a reasonable amount of skiing.
Looks like the first 6 weeks in France, weeks 9 & 10 in Austria.
ski holidays
http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/features/european-school-holidays-2010-11/
snow report
Thanks thefatcontroller, Very Happy

Apparently, parts of Poland are on holiday during our week, but I don't think that's going to be too much a problem or add to the lift scrum Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

a whole week when every single school kid in europe should be behind a desk

well, all except those with parents who take them out of school for skiing, of course. wink
ski holidays
My daughter's 6th form college and my son's secondary school have a two week spring break from 1st-18th April. This does not appear to clash with any of the published school holidays so far. Could be a good time to go skiing Cool
latest report
We have booked to go before Christmas for the third time. We are going to Tignes 12 December. The last two years the snow has been great with no lift queues and quiet slopes. I am taking my daughter out of school for the last four days of school. What she will miss is a day rehearsing for the Carol service, a day at the Carol service and two days watching videos and doing very little else- hence I'd rather be skiing. The total cost of this holiday is £1295.00 (Mark Warner) for all of us including flights, transfers, chalet hotel board with wine, ski hosting and lift passes for Espace killy. We paid £2200.00 (before we left the country) for flights and a grotty apartment in Chamonix at half term this year and the place was heaving. We will now be able to get another weeks skiing later on in the season. I would thoroughly recommed a pre Christmas trip to a high resort.
snow conditions
last year we booked 5th March but I think this year that the week 6th March is still classed as a peak season when last year it wasnt? are the school holidays a week later or do you think i just didnt notice last year?
snow report
polo99, It is Carneval/Fasching whatever you want to call it in Europe which means many European schools have a break. As the mainland countries supply by far the greatest number of skiers for each resort, the hotels and suppliers base their prices on the demand from that quarter. The TOs in the UK have no option but to pass on the price.

The "Feb Half Term" as the Brits call it is linked to the date of Easter, so it isn't a fixed holiday like Christmas. This coming year it is very late, so the week of Ash Wednesday, i.e. the start of Lent is also late.

rolling eyes
snow report
Norwegian school holidays (if anyone cares) are week 8 or 9 depending where in the country you live. So either 19/2 - 26/2 or 26/2 - 5/3. Some (Rogaland) may even have week 10, but Oslo & Akershus are both week 8 which will give the highest concentration of skiers both at home and abroad.
ski holidays
Now that you have done all that planning you might want to throw it all in the rubbish bin.

You probably did not take into account the fact that the Abominable Snowman has now booked parts of his skiiing holiday and will be travelling and skiing all around the Alps from the start of January until the end of March (arthritis and old age permitting). Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Being an alien to the European Union, Abominable can only get a 90 day visa to visit the Shengen States.
The Shengen States include all of continental EU except Romania and Bulgaria but includes Switzerland which is not an EU member.

You may like to look into the North American holidays but Abominable makes no promises he wont go there after he leaves Europe. Toofy Grin
snow report
Anniepen wrote:
Thanks thefatcontroller, Very Happy

Apparently, parts of Poland are on holiday during our week, but I don't think that's going to be too much a problem or add to the lift scrum Very Happy

You plant Poles before turning around them.
snow conditions
Does anybody have any dates for the 2011-2012 holidays yet?

I can advise the International School Stavanger (Norway) dates are:
15th Dec 2011 - 2nd Jan 2012 inc.
18th Feb 2012 - 26th Feb 2012
31st Mar 2012 - 9th Apr 2012

As a fee-paying school this may not match the Norwegian state schools exactly.
snow report
MontriondSkier, I think you'll find that schools have published their dates. Half term in my grandkids' school England, state primary) is w/b 11 February 2012 and their Easter holidays the first two weeks of April. French winter hols seem to be 11 Feb - 4 March.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a good link for bank holiday weekends all over the world http://www.jours-feries.com/statique/index_pays2.html
snow report
MontriondSkier, http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm

Scroll down for the 2011 - 12 dates - for France
snow report
note Scotland is a week earlier than 'GB' as a whole (thankfully!!)
much cheapness for us fae Jockland to take the nippers away
snow report
Quote:

much cheapness for us fae Jockland to take the nippers away

fair enough, and if yours staarts 5 February next year you'll miss the French holidays too; nice one!
snow conditions
yeah no holidays my week..............should be quite
latest report
Saw the queues on the webcams this am, wondered why, France is still on half term! (Zone A)
ski holidays
The Essex LEA has posted next years dates here - it might be useful for someone: http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Schools/Dates/Documents/School_Term_Holiday_Dates_2011_2012.pdf
snow report
does thefatcontroller, or anyone else have a 2012 version of that very handy chart with all countries holidays in it please??
latest report
Your wish... Wink

http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2010/11/23/vac-scol-11-12/vac-scol-11-12.pdf
snow report
thanks, that explains why my Easter week is now considered peak in 2012 when it was off peak in 2010 and 2011 Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy