Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes, Spring & Summer 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Butterfly, If I had Betty here I could drive up, but I wouldn't risk the van (rather loose surface). I don't think I'll have time to walk though (5K uphill afterall) and loads to do.

Pix and report on way in a minute.

little tiger, It's just a shame that we can't persuade more people to come. The start of the season is going to be epic. I'm thinking about getting some skins for my teles, and looking at the Super Diable today .... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done a report with several photos (bigger than I can post on here) so go to my snow reports on www.easiski.com/blog1/ (I still can't make this text thing work - I've looked it up, I've done exactly what it says, and I just see the whole text thing in preview, so it can't be working! Sorry. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice pics! I can't wait to get there - 3 weeks to lift off. So who else is going to be about when we are? I haven't seen any threads for the camps Puzzled

I am actually thinking about the packing exercise already, not like me at all - mind you bringing gear for a week's camping post-LDA does mean there is rather more to consider. The Tesco Eurotunnel vouchers arrived today so we now just need to fix on a crossing time and book that. We've decided to drive south after work on the Thurs night & stay at the Folkestone Holiday Inn Express rather than leave here at stupid o'clock Friday morning. Then we can get an early crossing and spend the whole day driving down through France. We'll have to stop somewhere Friday night as we are having Fran's place from Saturday. There is nobody in it the week before at present, so were we to get on exceptionally well I might give her a bell and see if we could arrange to start the week a day early. The other possibility is we might go and have a look around the Beaune area & have a quick look at a campsite or two as that's where we are thinking of staying the week after. I'm not prepared to camp just for one night on the way down though - that's far too much like hard work!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, Sounds like lots of fun! I hope you have good weather for both the skiing and the camping Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, we stayed at that hotel on the way to the EOSB, perfectly comfortable for an overnight stay. If you stop off in Beaune, and then continue, the Hotel St Romaine in Anse is just north of Lyon, and has a good restaurant.
+
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, thanks for that - have found the St Romain website and printed it for reference. Have just booked the HIE hotel in Folkestone - £59 including breakfast, not too bad.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, If you get an early crossing you should be in LDA easily by evening. It's a bit far north but I accidentally found an amazing little town just off the mortorway call Bar sur Seine. It's like Elizabethan in the whole centre of town - amazing. Very small, but worth a visit. There's an extraordinary motel on the outskirts of town which is like the Crossroads Motel. Really! Complete out of the 60s place (well, it was 3 years ago) .... also worth a visit! Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've had a lovely and very warm day today - yes, I know it was the same in the UK! Very Happy Unfortunately I was feeling shattered after the combination of a longer run that before and 8 hours behind a hot computer yesterday, so I've been very lazy today. I did walk up to the shop this afternoon, and was astonished how hot it was up in town. There's always a breeze here, so it's often surprising.

I took some photos of various stuff going on in preparation for the season, and some of the nice old chalets, see the pix in a decent size on www.easiski.com/blog1 Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, thanks - that sounds like a possible lunch stop!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice day today after the fog disappeared about 15.00! Lots of birds around - the noise is deafening!

Yesterday I went to LG to take the van to have it's new starter motor. the valley is really green and some of the meadows around LG were bung full of wild flowers - beautiful. the waterfalls are very full and the Romanche is boiling. there must be a lot of meltwater coming down now. BTW I don't recommend the bus from LG to the Barrage du Chambon unless you can sit at the front. I felt really quite sick by the time I got off! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurrah! Coming for the first five days of the season a week tomorrow. Didn't pay a lot for Stelios to get us to Lyon, either. What more could you want - cheap flights, cheap-ish car hire, lovely weather and great snow cover.
Looking forward to trying some tele gear this time. Puzzled
Prob see you up there Saturday Charlotte.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulmck, Cool - we can look like idiots on tele gear together! I have time and can't wait for the start on Weds next! Wow - 1 week to opening. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds amazing...........New Zealand reports are looking good to!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alexchapman, It's truly fantastic that Cairngorm and NZ were both open on the same weekend. When are you off?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, me and a couple of friends are half planning half dreaming to come over this summer probaly the last few weeks of july. Just wondering how much lift pass etc cost and wheres the cheapest place to stay?

thanks
snow report
Englishpowder, Are you limited to the end of July? The snow is not likely to be very good then. However if you're also interested in other sports such as mountain biking, rafting, golf, tennis and so on then you'll still have a good time. Are you park rats? They tend to keep the park open at the expense of the other runs if it's hot.

Cheapest place to stay would probably be to camp in Venosc, however if you're thinking of apartments let me know and I might be able to find something suitable for you. There's the UCPA which is very reasonable and all in, also a good youth hostel in town. Both those should be on the tourist office website at www.les2alpes.com

Very windy the last couple of days - good job we aren't open! Pics and report to come soon. Very Happy
ski holidays
Do I need a good excuse to throw a post in so this thread shows up in the "View your posts" function Little Angel ?
latest report
Ronald, No idea! rolling eyes You're the IT man. Full report and pix on my blog at www.easiski.com/blog1
ski holidays
easiski, looking good snow-wise Madeye-Smiley
snow report
easiski, nice blog btw Smile
snow report
ski-finder, thank you. Right now the mist is starting to lift here at the cliff edge, although while out for my run earlier I did see some blue sky from the centre of town! That pesky temperature inversion again. Twisted Evil

Saturday today, so only Sunday, Monday and Tuesday left till SKIING
ski holidays
It's official! We'll be open to 2,600m All pistes open. 2.7m of snow on the glacier still. See http://www.2alpes.com/pages/fr/303/enneigement-exceptionnel-glacier-2alpes.html for the latest photos from the lift company. Whoopee!! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski that will be really nice for anyone going while all that is open, cheap passes too I'll bet. Might look to see if there are any Grenoble flights.
ski holidays
Colin B, I think Grenoble & Chambery are a bit dodgy in summer, but public transport from Lyon is fine. Bit harder from GVA but still possible - train & bus. You should deffo get out for the weekend if poss! Very Happy

Right now the sun is trying very hard to burn through the temp inversion fog.
latest report
11 sleeps in my own bed till we leave!!
ski holidays
Lyon flights are pretty expensive, nothing to Grenoble. I'll look into it a bit more.
ski holidays
Colin B, GVA then - usually cheap and then train to GRN. I could pick you up from there for petrol money. Not sure how paulmck, managed it, but he got cheap flights to Lyon ... Very Happy
snow report
Lovely morning, and I'm off to get all the TO and DAL brochures to take down to the campsites at Bourg d'Oisans this morning. The day after tomorrow I'll be up on the mountain and skiing. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Actually easyjet to Lyon is OK, I didn't know they flew there was looking at BA. I'll have to look at how feasible this is.
latest report
Colin B, should be easy, there's a rail station at the airport, direct trains to Grenoble.
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
Colin B, should be easy, there's a rail station at the airport, direct trains to Grenoble.

erm... no.
snow report
davidof, I've been checking out the possibilities of the Lyon route, flying from Humberside via Amsterdam. There are some direct trains - just not many. The train we got back to Paris from Grn stopped at Lyon airport. Other than that you do have to take a very lengthy detour via the centre of Lyon. Tbh the bus service from Lyon seems a far better option.
ski holidays
davidof, what, have they dug up the railway station then? Friend of mine got here that way last autumn.
latest report
davidof, Oh? The Lyon airport site suggests there are, about every 2 hours according to their schedule

Colin B, there are also buses of course. See http://www.faurevercors.fr/pdf/Horaires2010.pdf which are cheap and plentiful.

I don't believe it! (Well I do). The DAL won't have any publicity material until some time late this afternoon, so I can't go to Bourg d'Oisans this afternoon, but will now have to go tomorrow morning - bah! another good plan bites the dust. Twisted Evil I can't believe they won't get the stuff until the day before opening - how idiotic is that? I also can't get the TO liftpass prices or my liftpass until tomorrow. I can already see the Q stretching out of the building tomorrow morning! Nightmare! rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes Obviously being sold did not help at all.
snow conditions
Preparations are well on their way for the Mondial du VTT.

I took a pic of the main square under construction, waiting for all the tents and stalls, and also the déchetterie, where we truly re-cycle stuff. You can get into the skips and remove what you want. Very Happy One man's rubbish is another man's treasure! I do hope they don't change the system as it's great!
ski holidays
Well, it appears we are expecting a cold wet summer - the DAL has just issued us all with enormous waterproof ponchos. Laughing
latest report
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing Laughing What 'station' are you in this summer?

I heard from a liftie coming back that it had snowed up top, and presumably to quite a low level since it was about 5 degs when I left home at 9.30 this morning and was still 5 degs when I got home around 18.00. Laughing Laughing Laughing Thinking Zags tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!!

BTW - pouring all day today. Very Happy
snow conditions
At Vallee Blanche - once again about as far away as possible from the telecabine at Venosc. Maybe I look as if I need the exercise.
latest report
Not from Geneva, you have to go via Cornavin, not a big deal but still a change. The rail link is unreliable though, leave plenty of time for the return trip.
ski holidays
davidof, I was talking about Lyon - do keep up. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy