Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next year I'm going to......

Poster: A snowHead
New Zealand.
In February...when there's no snow there.
Daughter has decided to extend her 'sabbatical' to two years, so we are going to stay with them for a few weeks.
Looking forward to seeing daughter of course, but New Zealand? It's just Wales or Scotland on steroids, about 75th on my list of countries to visit.
And a 30 hour flight.
And I'm 6'5"
And it'll mean no skiing next year.
Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youspurs1 wrote:
It's just Wales or Scotland on steroids

And some people wonder why the Scots and Welsh get a wee bit annoyed at the English sometimes!! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go whitewater kayaking/rafting, there's some ace rivers over there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski less Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pray for another volcanic eruption in February and re-book flights for August Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No Skiing? try a nice quiet boat ride Toofy Grin

http://www.shotoverjet.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Exactly why you should love it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lose 3 stone and learn to surf properly and beat my son at tennis.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why don't you pay for your daughter to come back here if NZ is so poo-poo you miserable Fitzwilliam. Along with Canada, NZ is pretty much top of my list.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

And some people wonder why the Scots and Welsh get a wee bit annoyed at the English sometimes!!

Not to mention the New Zealanders. Please don't come. Leave the seat on the plane free for someone who will appreciate it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i am bemused as to how someone can say that New Zealand is just like wales or scotland? also how is it 75th in your list of countries you would like to visit. i think that it would be in the top 10 for the majority of people on here, it looks stunning! Take a look at that website, spitting image of Rhyl, Conwy, Snowdonia, Barmouth, Cardiff!!! Shocked

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/UK-Ireland/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarge McSarge wrote:
Quote:

And some people wonder why the Scots and Welsh get a wee bit annoyed at the English sometimes!!

Not to mention the New Zealanders. Please don't come. Leave the seat on the plane free for someone who will appreciate it.

Willingly, but my wife wants to visit daughter so I have no choice.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How someone from nottingham doent want to go to New Zealand because its "just like wales or scotland" is beyond me. Its like saying i dont want to go to the caribbean because its similar to skegness!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
i am bemused as to how someone can say that New Zealand is just like wales or scotland? also how is it 75th in your list of countries you would like to visit. i think that it would be in the top 10 for the majority of people on here, it looks stunning!

I can understand, if not agree.

Some people like steak, others like fish, still some others are vegetarians.

New Zealand might be stunning. But it's a western culture just like ours, of only a couple hundred years old. Yes, for me, I'd put Japan, India, Iran, Chille ahead of New Zealand as far as a destination for a short visit.

On the other hand, if I get an offer to LIVE in NZ, I'd move in a heartbeat!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
so new zealand is fifth then, proves my point exactly!
ski holidays
so new zealand is fifth then, proves my point exactly!

What exactly was your point? Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
I think you'd be missing the point if you visited NZ with an expectation of "culture" Very Happy at least in the traditional sense.

There's the odd pocket, some great restaurants, a bit of a film industry, and some interesting bits of history, but basically it's two big farms with four "cities" dotted around.

However, it's a stunning place to get in amongst, with some really good fun things to do, and it's a shame to write it off before actually visiting.

Having lived in Wales for a bit, I can honestly say it's not even slightly similar.

ABC - I emigrated to NZ from the UK about 7 years ago. Living is very different to visiting. I love living here, but the cost of living relative to wages and the very limited career opportunites are a bit of a shock after Europe. Not that I'd ever go back now, but lots of people do.
snow conditions
abc, im just saying that on a forum where people love the wilderness and the outside, im gobsmacked that people think new zealand is like wales and scotland Shocked , and that they are not bothered about going there Shocked. All i said is that i think it would be in the top 10 destinations for the majority of people on this forum, myself included!!! Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

youspurs1 wrote:

Why would you get a wee bit annoyed about this? Unless you had an attitude problem!
ski holidays
Try pig sticking Twisted Evil
latest report
abc, im just saying that on a forum where people love the wilderness and the outside, im gobsmacked that people think new zealand is like wales and scotland Shocked , and that they are not bothered about going there Shocked. All i said is that i think it would be in the top 10 destinations for the majority of people on this forum, myself included!!! Very Happy

I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong I love both Scotland and Wales so if NZ is like that on steroids it must be amazing, but if I'm going that far away from the UK I want something that is completely different to what I'm used to, something exotic - I'd pick Japan/India/Nepal/Chile/Bolivia/Uganda/Zambia/Indonesia/etc every time before NZ.
latest report
clarky999 wrote:

I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong I love both Scotland and Wales so if NZ is like that on steroids it must be amazing, but if I'm going that far away from the UK I want something that is completely different to what I'm used to, something exotic - I'd pick Japan/India/Nepal/Chile/Bolivia/Uganda/Zambia/Indonesia/etc every time before NZ.

Quite!

Besides, I'm also not so sure of the bits about "on a forum where people love the wilderness and the outside" part. Outside, maybe. Wilderness, I have my doubts. What sort of "wilderness" has gazzilion lift towers, piste basher and queues are we talking about? Puzzled

hang11 wrote:
ABC - I emigrated to NZ from the UK about 7 years ago. Living is very different to visiting. I love living here, but the cost of living relative to wages and the very limited career opportunites are a bit of a shock after Europe. Not that I'd ever go back now, but lots of people do.

I would gladly take a substantial pay cut to be there. Mind you, I haven't been to NZ yet. I've only been to Australia. But if that's a shadow of what NZ is in terms of natural beauty, I would give a lot to LIVE there.

This, coming from someone who lived in California for a few years. Would do that again in a heartbeat (would prefer a different place though, like, NZ! Very Happy )
snow report
Sarge McSarge wrote:
Quote:

Not to mention the New Zealanders.

Yup, should've said that - apologies Toofy Grin
abc, im just saying that on a forum where people love the wilderness and the outside, im gobsmacked that people think new zealand is like wales and scotland Shocked

I'm a bit gobsmacked at the suggestion Wales and Scotland aren't worth bothering with either but I'd jump at a trip to NZ and wouldn't feel the need to compare to be honest.
Quote:
and that they are not bothered about going there Shocked. All i said is that i think it would be in the top 10 destinations for the majority of people on this forum, myself included!!! Very Happy

And me Toofy Grin
thebrownslug wrote:
Why would you get a wee bit annoyed about this? Unless you had an attitude problem!

And why would anyone without an attitude problem want to suggest other people had one? NehNeh
clarky999 wrote:

I can see your point there, well argued ... although I'd disagree that NZ ought to be be excluded because in many ways I suspect it is quite "exotic", just look at the landscape Cool
latest report
If it makes you feel any better I'd pick NZ over Oz wink
snow report
When I visited NZ (South Island only) I must admit my comment to my wife at the time (same wife different time) was that the scenery was a bit like Scotland on stilts.
If was meant as a complement, I loved the place and would go back like a shot. I can see though that if you dislike Scotland it would be possible to dislike it.
latest report
youspurs1, Well done for winding the others up. Scotland and Wales were just side swipes but you still got them to bite anyway.

Thirty hour flight would not be in one hit. There would at least be one stopover, or you could do the round the world thing. Height means flying will always be a hassle for you.

I thought NZ might be voting to move under Australian rule, or did I just imagine that ? The economy in NZ is not too clever, which is why so many Kiwis end up in Oz.
ski holidays
How someone from nottingham doent want to go to New Zealand because its "just like wales or scotland" is beyond me. Its like saying i dont want to go to the caribbean because its similar to skegness!!!

Harlesden would be a better Carribean comparison.
ski holidays
This is on the Piste Laughing Why? It's about a family holiday to somewhere with no snow!

youspurs1, enjoy your flight - dyn bach wyrion Laughing wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latchico,
Quote:

I thought NZ might be voting to move under Australian rule, or did I just imagine that ?

Wash your mouth out. You did not imagine it, you must have been halucinating Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
^ Newstralia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8612287.stm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy