Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Total Squawsome Sickness

brian
brian
Day 1 - Powder Saturday - leave motel, hit chain control Sad Clatter along a couple of miles of a minimal slush coating followed by 20 miles of bare tarmac rolling eyes Oh, well, keeps highway patrol busy I s'pose. Hit rental shop, nothing long Mad hit 2nd rental shop, Blizzard titans in a 187, that'll do Smile Northstar, park, shuttle, single line, gondola, chair, POWDER Very Happy Managed to coincide with fatbob and his bro after a couple of laps and we spend the morning on a diet of trees and 40cm or so of the fluffy stuff. Magic. snowHead As the day wears on it gets heavier lower down but fatbob is making short work of everything on his redeemers and coping manfully with the pair of holiday gapers in tow. Toofy Grin (and we won't mention the rucsac strap meets backside chair entanglement, ok? rolling eyes ) No pics I'm afraid. However, in a moment of poetic beauty, we are loudly acclaimed for our sickness under the line of the zephyr lift. We (well probably fatbob actually) have arrived. wink

Day 2 - Squawsome Sunday - We headed for Squaw Valley (USA), apparently they might've had the olympics here once, but they don't like to make much of it. rolling eyes

Idly snapping as I wait for fatbob I don't notice the man himself has wandered into centre of shot:

This is the tramface, there was a freeride tour event scheduled on this Shocked , but postponed so we didn't get to see the full on gnar.

Looking up at Eagle's Nest (home of McConkey tribute eagle)

While fatbob attempts to breathe new life into parlor's old factions. (well the bindings anyway).

They've got this lake thing going on ...

Phil showing his steeze, not bad for a man with one heel slopping wildly.

You can hike the ridge line but unfortunately/thankfully it was closed.

We spotted the freeride guys (we assume) getting in some practice. They were dropping in and hucking the rock band, for bonus marks some going double stage over the rock just to the right of the treetop in the centre. Gulp.

North bowl, this was in top shape.

Did I mention the lake thing ?

fatbob looks on as Phil drops in.

Ok, enough of the goddamn lake already.

A thoroughly enjoyable couple of days. This was my first taste of north american skiing. Versus the alps, it is surreal seeing the entire in-bounds mountain completely tracked in seconds while beautiful powder fields lie untracked for ever, tantalisingy out of bounds.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, very nice!!! Can't beat a work trip to the US during the season....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian wrote:
However, in a moment of poetic beauty, we are loudly acclaimed for our sickness under the line of the zephyr lift. We (well probably fatbob actually) have arrived. wink

Who says the the Seppos don't do heavy sarcasm?

Some less worthy Point & Shoot pics:

Air Jock-an TM launches

A 112mm fashion victim skids wildly out of control on the groomer

Phil puts in a losing performance in the Winter Olympic candidate sport of chase the Scotsman

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 2-03-10 18:58; edited 7 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Link to yesterday's FWT highlights which eventually went off on Silverado. Barstewards had had the pow saved for them for 2 days.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcf7wj_nissan-tram-face-2010-action-highli_sport

Big sluff/avy on tramface Sunday necessitated venue move, tamer terrain but still some nice lines skied.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yay! Factions ride again!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice report. Lots of words / phrases that I didn't understand but it looks & sounds like a great time was had by all
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Red Leon, JONG Toofy Grin

fatbob, thanks again for the hospitality, y'all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian,

Cheeky booger Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A thoroughly lovely and humourous thread. Am envious of your abilities and wish that I coulsd have been part of it.

Particular Laughing Laughing at
Quote:

Phil puts in a losing performance in the Winter Olympic candidate sport of chase the Scotsman
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, I realise you're a very good skier, worthy of fatbob's admiration, but did he really have to go quite so far as to lick your boots? Shocked Laughing

Thanks for one of the best ever TRs. Very Happy

And Happy Birthday, on this first day of your life!

Oh, and please could you tell me what weather I might expect in the 3Vs, 10 days from today? Pretty please. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great Trip Report ... with some great 'lines'.

Quote:

but Why???? .. shouldnt Phil have been skiing in the opposite direction out of choice? wink
latest report
 brian
brian
Thanks all for the kind words.

Hurtle, not my boots, I'm behind the camera, some kind of brotherly love thing I expect. wink Not that good a skier either by the looks of that a-frame. Confused I'm off to Switzerland on Saturday so will keep some tabs on the weather, it would appear to be about to get very cold across the alps.

Not sure I wanted to spend a chunk of the first day of my life in transit at Heathrow either (but at least I have enough miles for the lounge again). Can't wait to get home where they'd better have made me an exceedingly chocolatey cake!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happy Birthday!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, come and spend a day in Verbier with the brotherhood!
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
brian, thanks for stopping by and saying Hi! Razz

The people dropping in off mainline could have been the freeriders (girls as well as guys) but just could be the usual crowd of locals!

Glad you had a good time checking out my office! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
skinanny, oops, sorry. Embarassed We were originally going to Kirkwood on Sunday but redirected because the road on the west side of the lake was closed.

Not a bad office at all! Going green
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy