Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Power

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed in any of the Ski Power Chalets / used them in the past?

They appear to have some deals available, but so far my dealings with them on the phone dont inspire confidence - not returning calls and being vague on childcare prices!

Any feedback gratefully received - ta!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CarlT, yes, we stayed in Topaz last year, big group of 4 families, 17 in total. Everything was fine. Chalet was superb, chalet hosts and food superb, stunning value for money for the chalet. We used their transfers which were a bit pricy we thought but they were good too and reliable.

Childcare is new for them this year I believe so no experience of that.

I did have a bit of a wobble last year as I found them very hard to deal with at one point after we had paid a big deposit, like you say not returning calls/responding to emails etc. TBH at the time I worried they were going under. They had their phone diverted through to one of those offsite message taking call centres at that point last year. Also they seem a bit 'scatty'. I think they are a very small operation in terms of office base here. So I know what you mean and I didn't feel confident either.

Having said that, I did eventually manage to make contact, made my concerns known about how it had appeared, and we went, it was great, no complaints and we have booked the same again this year. My friend is dealing with them though this year Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My OH and I have stayed in 2 chalets now operated by Ski Power. but when they were previously operared by Ski Olympic. While we can't therefore comment on Ski Power as a company, we can say that the Chanrossa at Courchevel 1550 was a great chalet that we stayed at many times. Though a bit tired and dark (when we stayed there) it was really convenient for the bubble which goes straight into 1850 (without of course paying 1850 prices). just a short walk round the corner and up the stairs/lift and you are there.

We stayed at the Gelinotte in Val d'Isere last year. Not a bad chalet, but location is not massively convenient. It is halfway between La Daille and Solaise, and up a fairly steep hill from the main road. I'd want to check that Ski Power offer a shuttle service to and from the slopes before booking there.

I have had good experiences with Ski Olympic and Silver Ski, and they have some good bargains at the moment so worth checking them out too.

Hope you get somewere good/soon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, CarlT,

Oooh we too were in Topaz in la Tania a couple of weeks ago with Ski Power. Nothing but good things to say about them - the transfers worked well, the chalet crew (Katie and Lee) were excellent, and ancillary resort staff did their job without being intrusive. Albeit the TV screen was smaller than a laptop (we actually switched when watching DVDs...) so don't expect to fill your eveing watching EastEnders...

OTOH we did book it all through Alpine Answers so no experience of the UK end of their operation.

But we were happy with their quality and attention to detail.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
please see my post re ski power review
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed with Ski Power in La Tania - Chalet renoir - all good.. Their website and on line booking system is great! you can get members of your group to pay their portion on line so it meant that i did not have to collate any money! phew... Very Happy

I give then the thumbs up.. Excellent food, service and staff all great.. no complaints at all.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pip12345, welcome to Snowheads snowHead I wonder if you are actually Pip from Ski Power? Whenever I have dealt with Ski Power it has been Pip I have spoken to, if so just be upfront about it, plenty of other TOs on here!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'd want to check that Ski Power offer a shuttle service to and from the slopes before booking there.

and to be upfront as sarah states...

I am a tour op in Val but I can confirm I have seen a Ski Power shuttle van scooting around the resort to and from the Gellinotte... yes it is up a hill but its not MILES from the slopes but a shuttle would help. They are looking at redoing the free shuttle bus route in Val d'Isere next season anyway that would mean the bus went fairly close by anyway!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gotcha Smile Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, It does sound like a coincidence! wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CarlT, We stayed with Ski Power in Motteret this year and I have to admit we were very disappointed.

Previously I have been with Ski World 3 times and have always found them to be very good, but Ski Power seem to bill themselves slightly a cut above so we had high expectations but these were not met.

Our Chalet hosts, while very nice, seemed to be more interested in having as much time on the slopes as possible, the food was decidedly average and the bedrooms in the chalet were not well described on the website and turned out to be very disappointing.

It wasn't a wholly bad experience, but everyone in the chalet (there were 3 seperate groups) felt let down compared to their expectations.

This whole situation was made worse by the fact that when I complained to them on my return, my complaints were largely dismissed.

I'd probably give them a 6/10, but I pay a lot of money for this each year and I expect better, so I wouldn't use them again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kosciosco, Send a PM to pip12345, !!! wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stayed with skipower at the gelinotte, val d'isere last march.cant praise them enough.lifts to and from the slopes, even waited whilst we finished our beers.chalet staff were excellent and had no problem communicating when booking the trip
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stayed in Courchevel Le Praz last year. Acceptable, but would try someone else in future. No need for shuttle to slopes - chalet was about as close as a vehicle could get... Bit scatty is a good description, limited quality control - we got lucky that our host was a trainee chef in the UK before working for them - so good food, cleaning, little touches not so good. Some of me was wondering if they'd survive - the internet subscription went down (due to non payment of bill) before our stay and they seemed to have pretty low levels of bookings.

Unlimited wine was good - not boxed and completely unlimited - not just during the meals.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Randomsabreur, Thats kind of how I felt about them, seems like their heart is in the right place, but they let themselves down by not enough care and attention to the detail which is the difference between a reasonable chalet operator and a great one.
ski holidays
We stayed with Skipower 2008 and 2009 and were generally happy and it was fair value for money. The wine is truly unlimited and there was port every night too. I would travel with them again if my liver would let me. I can identify with what people are saying here - a little more attention to detail and they could be really good.
ski holidays
They get rather poor feedback from staff - http://www.natives.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20044
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy