Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transceiver Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've just completed a comprehensive review of seven models of transceiver. We believe this is the most comprehensive comparison available for UK consumers. It features in-depth descriptions of features, videos of single and multiple burials and summaries including recommendations. The review also includes the ever popular Barryvox Pulse and the new BCA Tracker 2.

Read it here: http://www.facewest.co.uk/Transceiver-Review-2010.html

Facewest
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks.

Off the back of this I'd just mention a little oddity that I've experienced with the Pieps Freeride - this only takes a single AA battery and the battery cover also forms the swtich. Out of a single packet of brand new duracell batteries one that didn't fit properly - it looked fine and powered up, but a gentle knock would break the circuit so the beacon would keep powering off, which is not ideal. All the other batteries in the pack were fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that must be a bit worrying once that seed of doubts planted
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A tad, but as I say, it's a battery issue, not the unit itself (which does beep to let you know it's doing something it shouldn't). Slightly disconcerting that the design lets it happen mind you.

If you ARE relying on one of these, I'd be inclined to chuck a second battery in the rucksack. As far as I'm concerned it's OK, but I only use this as a 'sidecountry' type saftey device for fairly casual off pisteing. Going anywhere hefty I'd prefer a BCA.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
think its time i invested in one this year..either the new bca or the s1
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Facewest.co.uk, useful stuff, thanks. still sticking with my trusty F1 for now
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's no real standard for battery sizes, so they do vary in size.

Ortovox had a problem with their M2 a few years back and did a free upgrade of the battery compartment door to handle any bats which came in as a sub-standard size.

http://beaconreviews.com/transceivers/OrtovoxRecall.asp
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
Facewest.co.uk, useful stuff, thanks. still sticking with my trusty F1 for now

I too like that you are sticking to your F1. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy