Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suction Ski Racks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Nendaz (will post a review at some point!) and noticed quite a few cars with what looked like suction cup ski/board racks on them. Sort of a big round disc with a triangular shaped ski/board fixing arrangement on the top. I can't seem to find anything other than the Eton rack which only holds skis, but as I have a couple of snowpervert friends being able to hold boards aswell would be pretty useful.

Anyone know where to get these from?

Hard racks are not really an option as I tend to use a lot of different cars.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anotherproblem, they're magnetic. not suction. Try googling magnetic ski racks. You see so many of them as that's what the hire companies use.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They work fine as long as your car has a steel roof.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eventually found it here if anyone else wants a look. Carries either 2 boards + 1 pair skis, 1 board + 2 pairs skis or 3 pairs of skis. Was rather hoping it was suction like the Eton rack but ho hum!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another solution:

http://www.handirackuk.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Watch out.

David Murdoch wrote:
.... Just be very careful how you attach it - as there have been a number of attempts on my wallet because I "scratched the roof". And don't leave it unsecured to the car. Especially with skis on. They're just magnetic with rubber ties. Your skis, ski rack may all go walking off on their own......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The italians are mad for them, think the car makers have them as options like alfa, but they are all magnetic
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The Italians are mad for them.......

I bought a magnetic rack by 'Fapa' at an Italian filling station (at Oulx, below Sauze D'Oulx) a few years ago. It was pre-collapse of sterling but about half the price of one in the UK as I recall.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we drove from amsterdam to niederau (near worgl) last year and we bought the xrack. it was great for what we needed. we put it on top of our vw passat, it was easy to put on, did not cause any damage to the car and we put a large suitcase on the top of it all the way to austria. I would highly recommend it. it is ideal as a temporary measure and folds small enough.

QVC sell them and they come in 2 sizes. this is the larger one............watch the video presentation.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/main.detail.item.560208?ref=fgl&source=froogle
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis, They're pretty common amongst the surfing community. Or at least that should be initially before you get soaked by them & then get a roof rack. When it's pissing rain they drip into the car after a while. Not really something you'd think of as being a problem whilst skiing, at least hopefully not. However if you were driving from the UK to somewhere in the alps it's potentially a serious problem. As I'm sure you'd get really pissed off after being dripped on for more than about 15-20 mins let alone many hours.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used a set a couple of years ago without any problems (came with the hire car)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy