Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton apres this year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the KK like this year? Looked like they've now got some dancing girls, or was that just for the opening party. Usually go to Griabli and Moos rather than KK. Also, is Gunnar still playing in Piccadily and is there a decent band this year in the Griabli?

Just back from a week in Kappl and went to Ischgl one day to sample the apres - not a patch on St Anton IMO
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, sorry to hijack your thread.
I,m going to St Anton on a boys trip late March.
Whilst we are there my brother hits the milestone of 40 and I am keen to organise something for him and our group of 10.

It could go down the quiet start ,nice meal something a bit special maybe,before getting messy later OR depending on how the day goes it could get messy Apres Ski and go from there.

Having never been to St Anton ,obviously I know of the KK and MW but wondered if snowHead have any reccomendations for restaurants/clubs etc.
Are there any loungey type bars like Farinet in Verbier or is the vibe more of a Live Music /Dancing on the table type thing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, One option to celebrate your brother's 40th is to have a long lunch at the Hospitz Alm in St Christoph, then you can ski back to St Anton stopping off at the KK and Moos on way back for dancing on the table type apres.

The restaurants in the ski museum and swimming/sports centre also get great reps if you're looking for something more refined for the evening.

St Anton Cafe at foot of slopes has a cooler vibe more like a trendy UK city centre pub. We don't go there a you can get that type of pub 10 to the penny all over Glasgow, so we tend to lap up the cheesy Germanic apres scheisse.

Our typical day in St Anton with the boys starts around 3.30 (having started skiing around 9) in the Griabli (right across from Mooserwirt) for a few pints of the best pint in the area (if not the world) - Kaiserbier Very Happy . 3 pints is usually enought to get the legs warmed up for the Mooserwirt and stay there till around 6ish, then ski down in dark to village to catch Gunnar at the Piccadilly until he finishes (around 7.30 from memory). Then grab something to eat and hit Funky Chicken for some stomping apres. Then back to Piccadily for some more live music or Postkellar (same venue) for the club/dj. You can then hit Kandahar which is the biggest club and open till 6am then wake up at 8 Big Wink and repeat

You could also consider having dinner in Oberlech (Hotel Montana's food is simply stunning - stayed there twice Very Happy when I had more money Crying or Very sad ) and do the toboggan run back down to lech a few times with some beer in you. Great fun
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Table Dancers (Outside to start) are in the KK on Wednesday & Sundays from 3pm. The New Owner SKi racer Mario Matt girlfriend who running the place is an ex table dancer !!

Gunnar is still playing the Piccadilly with all his software Very Happy

No bands yet in the Griabli at least when I last went in there on Jan 9th,

The New Taps has bands & a disco.

The Hospiz Alm is really suffering this year mainly because of the ripoff prices. New Year Eve bookings were down 85% !!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, |Cheers. Might hit Taps for a wee change. Tis a real shame the CCJ's split company Crying or Very sad as the Griabli rocked, quite literally, when they played there Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, We didnt go to KK as we had heard it was "too lairy".
Moos, Taps and Bar Cuba were our haunts of choice. Gunar still in Piccadily - through the haze of smoke Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have to say we found Bar Cuba and spent most of the week there. Walked into Picadilly and straight out again, couldn't move and couldn't see through the smoke. bar Cuba is non-smoking and you could also hear yourself speak (maybe I'm just getting old!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have to say we found Bar Cuba and spent most of the week there. Walked into Picadilly and straight out again, couldn't move and couldn't see through the smoke. bar Cuba is non-smoking and you could also hear yourself speak (maybe I'm just getting old!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, We tend not to go to KK anyway - too many hot looking Sweedish folk, puts us pasty faced Scots to shame. Sounds like it will be the usual haunts again this year Smile oh and jan,
Quote:

Walked into Picadilly and straight out again, couldn't move and couldn't see through the smoke. bar Cuba is non-smoking and you could also hear yourself speak (maybe I'm just getting old!)

yup, you said it wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bar Cuba also has a guy doing live music which was great fun. It's also my fave place as I handed in about 100euro I found on the floor, they gave me free drinks all night and the guy who got it back gave me 20euro as well - nice folk Smile

If you're going to Mooser - book a table in advance to dance on Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee, which one is Bar Cuba again - is that at the start of the pedestrian zone towards Nasserein end? Might struggle to get the stalwarts to venture from Griabli, Moos, Picaddily, Funky Chicken, Post Kellar etc. Think we watched Scotland beat England at rugby a couple of years ago in Bar Cuba - great atmos that night Toofy Grin
Presume you're just back. Is Rendl any busier now?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski, not noticeably to be honest. The runs down from Gampen and Galzig were the usual race tracks at lunch time and 3:30 but everything else was fine - did some awesome runs off the Valuga down into Stuben and we even had the top of the Galzig to ourselves one afternoon Very Happy

Bar Cuba is indeed the one on the corner where the pedestrian zone starts. The Toffee Vodka cannot be rivalled! We used to do Taps then Mooser, then a hot choc mit rum in the Anton Cafe or Haeferl (sp!?) the yellow one opp platzl then down to Bar Cuba for a few more strawpedos/ desperados before home to chalet in time for dinner Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, sounds hellish. Don't know if I can be bothered going again. Glad to hear that Rendl not really affected by new gondola. Roll on 27th Feb
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bar Cuba has the best Charlie. The dive still continues to smell like an out house Very Happy

IMO. The place has gone way down since it was called Pinocchio's and operated by the Scandinavians.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boabski, yeah it was vile - dont know why anyone bothers wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy