Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere - holiday in a week...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there everybody,

I'll be off to Sestriere in a week and I've heard the snow is quite shallow (10cm minimum). I've also heard the ski lifts close in high winds and this can be a problem if you want to move around the area (is there a bus service?).

Its my 1st ski holiday in AGES so I want it to be as good as it can be. Can someone offer me some reassurance here, either if you've been this year or previous years or whatever Wink

Thanks!
Henry
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The gondola link across to Sauze closes if the wind is above 40 but there's plenty to go at in Sestriere to keep beginners and intermediates busy. We were in Sauze last week in Jan but skied 3 days in Ses because the conditions were better, there is a lot more snowmaking gear in Ses so they stand a better chance of keeping more runs open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh right, it sounds quite positive then. How long did it take to get from Sestriere to Sauze?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi - we're having the same traumas over the snow - booked to go to Sauze in 2 weeks
When we last went to Sauze we regularly went over to Sestriere - dead easy - only takes a few mins in the gondola - but I dont know if lack of snow affects the links......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah I think its more likely to be the wind like Fenland says. I think we might be having more snow over here than there Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in Sestriere last week. The snow cannons are working more or less round the clock (it was certainly cold enough). Almost everything is open but it can be pretty icy. The slope grooming people were doing a first class job. On the other hand, our Tour Operator was bussing their Sauze clients to neighbouring resorts (including Sestriere) because of the poor conditions.

If it continues the way it was last week then Sestriere will be fine but forget any touring of the Milky Way.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy