Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How often do you tune and wax?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
properjob et al, I warrant that if you do several weeks in a season, as the season progresses (as an 'average' skier), you'll become much less paranoid about the condition of your skis, perhaps to the point, maybe, just perhaps, that you'll find that technique is more important than layers of wax.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
primoz wrote:
pam w wrote:
I won't let the OH scrape wax off though, in normal conditions. We let the snow scrape it off.

Just a side note for this. It's not really advisable to do this. Even if scraped off wax makes some mess, it's still better to scrap wax off. You get a lot better skis this way (even if you don't catch extra hundredths of a second), and your skiing is much more fun. And on the other side, it's also better for skis. With scratching wax off you scratch it when it's still kinda warm, and you scratch wax from top of base. When you put skis on snow, and snow "scratches" wax off your ski, it "drags" wax from base pores out (at least from top one).

Doesn't our resident guru advise letting wax set fully before scraping off, ie the same thing Pam is doing, but her method sounds like a lot less work, and something I have also done before....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, but a scraper, is straight and shears the wax at the base, leaving it the pores, you then need to brush out the pores. Snow crystals are pointed and hack the wax off and out so you dont get the hard polished surface you get with scraping and polishing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
Doesn't our resident guru advise letting wax set fully before scraping off, ie the same thing Pam is doing, but her method sounds like a lot less work, and something I have also done before....

It was just my advise, nothing more. So anyone is free to prepare skis as they wish. Therefore please consider this as just another advise, nothing more. I agree, I definitely don't qualify as "your resident guru", but on the other side, I'm almost sure I have spent more time as serviceman on World cup tour, then most of gurus around here Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy