Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Update...

Just checked the road replorts and the A9 from Perth seems to be okay.

Geoff10.. you are in teeside so you would be going up to Edinburgh, then to perth so would miss the bad bit which is on the glasgow to perth section.

cheers
bob
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
glasgowcyclops, thanks, that's great, much appreciated
Next chance for me is Wednesday - here's hoping it works out
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Hi Geoff10

I'm not going to the lecht today, I'm coming back a day early to get ready for Norway on wednesday... I'll be coming down the A9 so I'll post on later with the road report.

Cheers
Bob

cairngorm majorly busy today.. roads are ok however biggest issue as far as i can see is screen washers freezing. my car was reporting outside temp of -17.5 this morning

had to stop many times to clean screen.. as did a lot of others.. like playing blind mans bluff with a car..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mugen wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Hi Geoff10

I'm not going to the lecht today, I'm coming back a day early to get ready for Norway on wednesday... I'll be coming down the A9 so I'll post on later with the road report.

Cheers
Bob

cairngorm majorly busy today.. roads are ok however biggest issue as far as i can see is screen washers freezing. my car was reporting outside temp of -17.5 this morning

had to stop many times to clean screen.. as did a lot of others.. like playing blind mans bluff with a car..

Fill an old washing up bottle with neet winter screen wash and keep it in the car.... you can then wind down the window and squirt it on without having to stop......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II wrote:
mugen wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Hi Geoff10

Cheers
Bob

Fill an old washing up bottle with neet winter screen wash and keep it in the car.... you can then wind down the window and squirt it on without having to stop......

did that.. well used a powerade bottle but wipers were rock solid..
mind you didn't know i could concentrate that hard Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Photos from today at Cairngorm:
http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/gallery/cg/winter200910/09dec28/

One of them:
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
firstracks, Is it possible to ski down to Glenmore? I've only ever done it once, but it was nice! Thanks for the pix - really enjoying them. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
decided going back up tomorrow again, this is too good to last much longer Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just seen the picture on winterhighland of glenshee under floodlights yesterday. Is this going to be a regular thing? If so.... exitement! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, it is possible and I have seen people doing it, though I have not done it myself. I think the best bet might be to follow the forestry trails down from the Ciste carpark.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are also some tracks (looked like 2 boarders and 1 skiier) down under the Gondola to the bottom at Nevis Range which gives a vertical of 1100m Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
firstracks, Yeah - that's what I did, but skied Laoghie Mhor (sp?) first. It was fun! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me, my two boys and my brother visiting from Englandshire skied from the summit to the car park at Glencoe last thing today and that's over 800 metres of vertical. OK there was a bit of heather hopping and a few comedy moments for the last 100 metres but not a bad result for December eh ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross, good show!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, ah yes. I skied the Laogh Mor Headwall each of the last 2 days, and on each occasion the temptation to continue skiing down the coire was immense! But alas, my car was parked in Coire na Ciste, so I had to cut the descent short. Perhaps I should have parked in Glenmore in the morning and hitched up? Now that could be an idea.....
ski holidays
arv, yep, that last 100m was 'combat skiing' at it's finest. Laughing

Some more photos here ... http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,1718

ski holidays
Heard on Radio 5 Live that there are delays on A9 around Aviemore due to the number of skiers trying to get to Cairngorm. Must be heaving there. Conditions look great on the webcams
snow conditions
moffatross wrote:
Me, my two boys and my brother visiting from Englandshire skied from the summit to the car park at Glencoe last thing today and that's over 800 metres of vertical. OK there was a bit of heather hopping and a few comedy moments for the last 100 metres but not a bad result for December eh ?

When was the last time it was possible to ski down to the carpark at Glencoe in Dec? Must've been the 1980s or 1990s?
snow report
Phil_D wrote:
Heard on Radio 5 Live that there are delays on A9 around Aviemore due to the number of skiers trying to get to Cairngorm. Must be heaving there. Conditions look great on the webcams

was heaving i gave up and came home, i believe they suspended tickets
ski holidays
Was at Glencoe today, lovely snow Smile cover better than I thought it would be, some rocks but most were visible so easy to ski round rather than hiding under the surface. The vis was quite bad at the top in the morning but the mists lifted about 2.30pm then it was lovely. The queues for the cliffy got a bit long after lunch so I headed up to the top. My friends skied back to the carpark at the end of the day, was amusing watching them and mad me glad I had taken the lift Smile
latest report
moffatross, I skied down the only time I went to Glencoe - good run, as you say bits of heather but otherwise very nice. Very Happy

firstracks, you could always ski down and hitch back up!
ski holidays
There is a simply ridiculous amount of snow at Cairngorm at the moment. Its ski anywhere in powder time, quite amzing.

In the car park at Corie Cas yesterday it wasn't particularly busy and there were some very happy people about. Down at the Glenmore campsite we were surrounded by a metre of snow and truly spectacular conditions all week When the wind does eventually pick up there is going to be one hell of a mess and some very impressive drifting. Until then grab a bit of heaven !

http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=570
snow conditions
Unfortunately until we get some better road conditions I'm likely to be stuck touring locally. I don't want to risk the drive over from Aberdeen. Its rather too long a drive when the roads are bad.
ski holidays
Check out the Lecht webcam !

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/the-lecht/interface.php?pk_interface=279&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
snow conditions
Any other places one could suggest for 4x4 up by road or byway & ski down?

I shall be digging the maps out a bunch of us are heading up that way fully equipped for the weather, should be fun.
snow conditions
go to www.lecht.co.uk
click on live panorama.

WOW
latest report
Staying at home here touring in the Pentlands, damn wink
ski holidays
Pentlands boarding

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More touring in the South of Scotland !! Very Happy

Finishing a 10 miler in the dark after descending an unusual route off Hart Fell ...

http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,1737

ski holidays
Another lovely day at gelnshee. Getting a bit busy, they could have done with a few more tows open but sunshine overhead made queueing more bearable.

snow report
Brilliant photos guys. I tell you - I was working in Cairngorm in the 80's and I can only remember one occasion when it looked like this on the mountains, and that time it only lasted about a week before the thaw. Enjoy. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Just got back from a day trip to Glenshee, awesome snow conditions.

latest report
Charlotte, am literally just back from 2 weeks up there (working with The Ski School) and it's about as epic as it gets - I too can't remember any time we've had conditions this good that have lasted this long and aparently they're set to last for at least another couple of weeks ... amazing! Shocked snowHead snowHead
snow report
I was in the north-west yesterday, for a ski tour of Moruisg. Great day out - steep knackering ascent though! But well worth it for the descent snowHead

All photos here:
http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/gallery/misc/nw/10jan03/

One of 'em:
ski holidays
Just been reading the Cairngorm website.

I quote - "Probably the best skiing in the world!!"

Talk about bigging yourself up! rolling eyes
latest report
To be fair, it's pretty much true.
ski holidays
Max13biker, nothing wrong with saying that if you ask me, firstly as I read it it's a slightly tongue in cheek comment based on that old Carlsberg Beer tagline. Secondly, based on my experiences there over the last couple of weeks it may well be true .... and I've had great snow in the past in both North America and in the Alps but it's pretty sublime at cairngorm at the moment - have you been there recently and seen the amount of snow? Shocked snowHead
snow conditions
Day out in the pentlands for us as well. Incredibly good snow for the altitude and loads more scope for laying down fresh tracks come the weekend.

http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,1768
ski holidays
Great day at Glenshee today, started getting pretty cold when the sun disappeared.

Lots of big skis out, who is going to lay claim to being on the Preachers?
ski holidays
Can anyone recommend a good accomodation website please - might do a long weekend in Aviemore in Feb - regardless of whether the snow holds.

Ta

M
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy