Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
JimW, it's not restricted to members of ski clubs, just provided by ski clubs. Just ask for it at the lift pass office when you buy your season pass. Maybe they include some token membership fee in the cost, not sure.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimW, Anywhere you can buy a ski pass, I've had it the last two years, 50E IIRC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy wrote:
Very Happy Which runs are no longer marked on the piste map at all this season or have been re-routed? There are some changes, have you spotted them? Very Happy .........

Ok I give in please tell snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller wrote:
snowcrazy wrote:
Very Happy Which runs are no longer marked on the piste map at all this season or have been re-routed? There are some changes, have you spotted them? Very Happy .........

Ok I give in please tell snowHead

Well there's that couple of blacks come off the glacier in LP, but we knew about that in the LP thread...not spotted much in the LA domain, apart from the new piste to serve la vache in Peisey as discussed previously
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevomcd, allanm, thx for the info.

I'm only out for 3 weeks in Les Arcs but possible a 4th elsewhere in France - so would like a season Carre neige without the season ticket - is that combo possible? - I've got a "non" feeling coming on!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JimW, yes it is possible. For the last half dozen years I've bought my Carte Neige in Tignes (which has been the first place I skied that season) and my season pass for Les Arcs. I usually buy my Carte Neige in the Tourist Office is Tignes, so I'd be tempted to ask in the Les Arcs Tourist Office first, although I'm sure snowcrazy will be able to advise.

BTW, the annual policy is called Carte Neige and the daily policy you buy with your lift pass is called Carre Neige.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JimW, Carte Neige is 56 Euro for season this year when bought with season pass.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
potarto, potatoe.... thanks guys - useful stuff!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can also get season Carre Neige if you are a season worker (or pretened to be when you ask for it, not that I'm suggesting such a thing).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Info on some possible new developments in Les Arcs at LesArcs.net.

Replacing the old Mont Blanc chair with a quicker one would get my vote, although I'm not sure how the new lift could serve the blue Mont Blanc piste as well as the black Deux Tetes piste.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

For those who like to stop for a coffee or lunch on the mountain, the choice will soon been even greater, with the commune agreeing on a contractor to build a new mountain restaurant at Plan Dechaud just above Arc 2000.

Now that sounds like an excellent plan, not being a frequent visitor Les Arcs does seem to need more piste side restaurants.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing,

Lunch is for losers.

[/whitegold]

Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar,

The fact that you can only access the piste and trees from :
1) Deux Tetes Black
2) Mont Blanc Chair - clunker
3) Combourciere Chair - clunker, via the ho ho 'red' of Malgovert (or Deux Tetes)

means that the Mont Blanc piste is one of the finest and quietest in the resort: long may it remain so!
(although tbh had to teach smallW to ski the bumps / ice on Deux Tetes in order to short-cut the process of getting there! - actually that statement is the evidence of just how " not red" Malgovert is - I chose to take my 7 year old the Deux Tetes route in preference...)

J
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, Yoiu are such a armchair skier on occasions and comments like this just reinforce this fact. When we go to LA we want to ski not stop and drink or eat. We have some miles to cover!! Razz Razz
snow conditions
Mouth, Laughing As you know I am a consumate leisure skier and only ski as a holiday not a sport snowHead
But as you know I can set up a nice quick there and back when I have to Cool
snow report
JimW, you're right, it is a lovely piste, especially good if the weather closes in. The Mont Blanc forest is terrific in good snow conditions (lots of fun when friends almost ski into tree wells Wink) Hopefully the new chair won't spoil either of those aspects.
snow report
Boredsurfing, pass the toothpaste please
ski holidays
JimW, Only found Mont Blanc last year for first time, expect to be practising on my gay tray in January so Mont Blanc will be a good place.
snow report
JimW, and everyone else. They have a special deal with the Holiski pass. I have just been reading all the small print. You can buy the season 'carre niege', valid through to September 2010 for just 19 Euro if you buy them both at the same time before the end of November. It sounds like a good deal as it is valid as insurance everywhere just like the carte neige but a lot cheaper. I am getting one of these this year. Should cover mountain biking/hiking etc in summer as well.

thefatcontroller, Nope not telling anyone yet, have a look at previous years piste maps if you have any.

You will have to wait till my next weeks update if you cannot spot the changes.

rob@rar, I find LesArcs.net not very good for correct news. I will check with resort about where the lift will finish as it has been on the cards for years to update this one but until the other main lifts were changed they did not think the Mont Blanc was that important. For me, it would be great to finish at the top of the black, but for beginners i think this would be a very bad idea. They also need to do something about the Gollet that has now been taken down.

Boredsurfing, do you really need another place for coffee, very sad. On the positive if it is cheaper than Chalet d'Lac it get's my vote, when they get it built.
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
They also need to do something about the Gollet that has now been taken down.

Has it been completely removed? I thought it was just under repair? It is/was a great lift; always quiet because nobody knew where it was, and it served some great terrain albeit slowly.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
JimW, and everyone else. They have a special deal with the Holiski pass. I have just been reading all the small print. You can buy the season 'carre niege', valid through to September 2010 for just 19 Euro if you buy them both at the same time before the end of November. It sounds like a good deal as it is valid as insurance everywhere just like the carte neige but a lot cheaper. I am getting one of these this year. Should cover mountain biking/hiking etc in summer as well.

Snowcrazy

There are 2 separate threads on the subject http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1357390

and http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1367312&highlight=holiski#1367312

In the 2nd one there's a discussion around the insurance terms and a link to the fine print. Both Redrunmarcus and myself came to the conclusion (having read the terms) that you weren't covered if you went to a resort outside the holiski network - e.g. on a day trip to 3v.
snow report
rob@rar, From what I gather the Chair has been taken down and we will have to watch and see if they really will replace it. Not sure myself, but I hope they do. The Poma has been fixed and should be working but it means an even bigger queue at the cachette.

bertie bassett, I have just done mine so if anyone wants more details about it just pm me. I can always top up with day insurance at the 3 valleys if it is not covered, but seems quite a good deal with the discount. I will let people know at the end of the season how well the pass worked, I hope I do not need the insurance bit.
snow conditions
snowcrazy, I found one Toofy Grin but no more Sad

For web cam saddos Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I have managed to strip the Les Arcs website out of the webcam url and now its a nice widescreen Cool Obviously to change the location click up in top right, they might turn Arpette on soon.

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=260&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, 'For web cam' how did you do that, very clever. Will it update everyday like the other link or is it just a one off photo now.
snow report
snowcrazy, Its the same webcam as on the Les Arcs site so live(ish) and they update about 6 times a day. I know, trust me Embarassed For those to lazy to click the tab in the top right to get the 3 cameras

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=260&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=258&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

and Arc 1950

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/village_arc_1950/interface.php?pk_interface=111&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 20-11-09 17:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Not wanting to steal credit from thefatcontroller, but genepi posted the same link back on the 18th October on the new lift thread as I have it in my favorites and look at it every day Smile http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=258&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
latest report
thefatcontroller, but how did you strip out the url bit. Would this work with other web cams in other places to make them widescreen.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, You could start here wink

http://www.webcam-ski.com/

have added 1950 into the post above
ski holidays
And for the even lazier... http://www.19x.co.uk/lesarcscams.html ...just scroll down... and ultimate laziness press roller down on mouse (should work on M$) and watch it auto-scroll.
latest report
But where's all the snow gone Shocked

Going in 6-weeks and now beginning to be somewhat nervous Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Boris,

opps sorry... let me wave my magic wand... check again tomorrow.

Tux
snow report
Was advised it was snowing down to about 1400m last night......haven't checked to see if this rumour is true....however, with less than 3 weeks until my first trip, I sincerely hope so
ski holidays
Guvnor, web cams would seem to confirm a lot more snow than earlier in week
ski holidays
The Peisey webcams were green until last night's fall, so good news Smile

While I'm not endeared to the snow forecast websites, both j2ski and snow forecast have predictions for more snow at the end of this week. Cool
snow report
Boris,

That better?

still haven't seen the snow canons on yet.

Tux
snow report
Looking much better

But (sorry I have my doom and gloom pants on) still 6-weeks to go and anything could happen

I could break my other thumb for a start Laughing
latest report
Guvnor wrote:
Was advised it was snowing down to about 1400m last night......haven't checked to see if this rumour is true....however, with less than 3 weeks until my first trip, I sincerely hope so

Villaroger again?
snow report
allanm wrote:
And for the even lazier... http://www.19x.co.uk/lesarcscams.html ...just scroll down... and ultimate laziness press roller down on mouse (should work on M$) and watch it auto-scroll.

Looks like they have started bashing the Grand col Smile

ski holidays
I am going to Les Arcs 2000 with a group on 13th December so am glued to this post. Thanks especially for any 'white' photos - I've been getting nervous. I've been looking at lift pass prices. There seems to be a premiere neige price of 150 euros for Les Arcs but no premiere neige price advertised for the one that gives a day in La Plagne or the Paradiski pass. Is it easy to upgrade to go to La Plagne if the link is open? Somebody mentioned buying them on-line before we leave with a company called skiholidayextras.com. Any suggestions would be welcome. (A word of warning a friend sent me the link for skiholidayextras.com but put an extra 's' in the middle which led me to a site that certainly wasn't ski related but more of an adult nature Embarassed )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy