Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
JimW wrote:
Got any pictures of the ground breaking Rob?

Will have later, currently painting so up to my arms in brushes and rollers.

JimW Wouldn't a photo do? Very Happy
wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, OK, that building has been extensively delayed, but it's nearing completion which I'm happy about as it has or swimming pool in it so that will be ready for the forthcoming winter season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
JimW wrote:
Got any pictures of the ground breaking Rob?

Will have later, currently painting so up to my arms in brushes and rollers.

JimW Wouldn't a photo do? Very Happy
wink

Laughing Very good.

No stopping my decoration as I was well enough planned to bring more paint than I needed wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, If you have excess paint - there's a nice apartment over in Plan Peisey that could do with a lick of paint please Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know what "white emulsion" is in French? Last time I visited Weldoms I came out with 10 litres of Artex!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fogliettaz, I'm told Weldoms should have Dulux.

French paint is apparently awful.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fogliettaz wrote:
Does anyone know what "white emulsion" is in French? Last time I visited Weldoms I came out with 10 litres of Artex!

Did you take it back Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, No, its now in my garage in Essex, still wondering how I can use it!

Hells Bells, Have you seen the price of Dulux in Weldoms? €35.00 for 5 litres!!!!

I usually try to take most things with me for summer maintaince but sometimes run out. I spend more time in Weldoms Bourg than I do in the local B & Q.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fogliettaz wrote:
I spend more time in Weldoms Bourg than I do in the local B & Q.

I've been in there at least once a day for the last four days rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fogliettaz wrote:

Peinture emulsion blanche - I think Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, Have you discovered the dechetterie (tip) yet - very exciting! We were bemused by the container full of discarded skis last summer Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fogliettaz, I've not been into Weldoms we don't have one down in Briancon, but I'm told the other stuff is such awful quality that it's worth the cost. We're going down in November to paint.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is what I think is the first work on the new EdenArc development. It looks like they are building an access road to the site. The final MGM building in the Chantel part of the resort is in the background.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
genepi wrote:
rob@rar, Have you discovered the dechetterie (tip) yet - very exciting! We were bemused by the container full of discarded skis last summer Laughing

That excitement is still to come wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not being terribly keen on heights I've never really fancied giving parapenting a try, but this morning I caught this photo on our way out of the apartment and there's something about it which makes me what to give it a go.

snow report
rob@rar, eek, I just couldnt. Shocked Shocked Lovely photo, though. (The weather here is absolutely vile - raining torrents and cold with it.)
latest report
Much colder and quite wet today. Currently 8º at Arc 1800 and raining as it has been for most of the afternoon. Hopefully this means snow on the glacier at Tignes Happy
snow report
Significantly colder (down to 4º at Arc 1800 overnight) and what looks like a fair bit of fresh snow on the highest peaks. Not surprised at that as it rained for most of the night. Cloud base about 2,500m so only glimpses of the new snow.

ski holidays
rob@rar, I you have a look at the glacier cam sin LDA you can see they have had some excellent snow. Not to far a drive for you is it wink Laughing

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/lafee/interface.php?pk_interface=67&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
latest report
thefatcontroller, Tignes is much closer and they seem to have had a nice top up of fresh. But this is a ski-free holiday, so I'm looking down the valley not up the hill for my entertainment today Happy
latest report
rob@rar, Of to the Loire next week for a ski free holiday as well Sad Laughing . Actually looking forward to 5 swimming pools, slides and pretending to suffer hours on the slides to keep the kids happy wink . I just love the slides.
snow report
Snow at the top of transarc today, only a dusting but not bad for AUGUST Evil or Very Mad I also heard there was 23cm on Tignes Glacier and the Iseran pass was closed some of the day. Raining in the valley again now but as we are whitewater rafting tomorrow not a problem.
snow report
Raining most of the day in the valley with more fresh snow up top so should be good skiing in tignes over the next few days. The baker said the summer is over, I hope he is wrong. Whitewater rafting today was great. Loads of watersports to do here in the summer.
snow conditions
snowcrazy, Summer officially finishes in the mountains on August 15th - feast of the immaculate conception.
snow report
genepi, the summer was back again last weekend, 30+ degrees. I love the alps in the summer as much, well nearly as much as in the winter.

Have posted loads of pics over on my facebook page of the summer developments in Les Arcs and some of the stuff we have been doing at the weekends. Go have a look if you wish.

http://www.facebook.com/snowcrazy.chris#!/?ref=home

The new piste through the off piste valley over on the La Plagne side of the paradiski area down to the bauches chair looks like just being another 'nature ride' area rather than a real piste. So not as bad as we all feared, at least I hope this is correct. The new pool in Montchavin will not be open this coming winter they say but maybe by next summer. Pity, on the plans it looks great. Right now it is just a big hole in the ground.

Other Les Arcs news over on my facebook site with the pics.
snow report
Been away in a sunny place Shocked Shocked , come back and is it my imagination but have the web cams been upgraded to HD? Things actually appear not just as a blur Toofy Grin

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, not sure if they have been upgraded or just 'cleaned!!' Toofy Grin , but agree pictire when they are on Evil or Very Mad is much better. Toofy Grin
Managed a final blast on the bike today, did not think i would make it over but was lucky and got here in time for a good 5hrs today before the lifts close.

Wet and muddy but still great fun and the sun did come out in the afternoon for a little while. Loads of bikers out today on the race course as it was the final day. Tomorrow just the funi open, but still plenty of places to ride.

Off to Bar Bou Bou in 1800, it is there 30th birthday in Arc 1800 this season. Having a barbque tonight, all welcome. So if anyone else is around pop in for a few Beers.

See you all next winter.

You can always check for updates about Les Arcs over on my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/snowcrazy.chris#
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
thefatcontroller, not sure if they have been upgraded or just 'cleaned!!' Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, Picked this up from RG's great site. Some news footage about the use of the sheeting to protect the glacier that you commented on in your Facebook photos

http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-20h/une-bache-sur-le-glacier-des-arcs-une-premiere-en-france-5934544.html

Link to the original post in the forum on RG's site.

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?p=55991#p55991
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, snowcrazy, just back from a green grass, Guinness and bad weather week or two the web cams look much better and the snow forcast looks even more intresting Shocked
snow report
http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

mmmmm..........
snow report
Managed another couple of days last weekend after all. Fresh snow up top yet again. Cold and wet but had to go biking one more time before they closed the lifts. Fun but very muddy and I broke my bike Evil or Very Mad but the man in the shop says he can fix it Toofy Grin

They are building new decking at the Arpete Rest so will be loads of room outside next winter and a tent with heating when needed.

Golf course looks great and the whole place was not very busy so much better. Bar Bou Bou in Charvet 1800 had another 30th birthday party on the last evening of the season. Lot's of food, a fun night.

Could be it now till the winter as I have some flights away coming up. But I will keep an eye on this thread when I can.
snow report
Hi all
As advised by snowcrazy who told me to ask questions regarding les arcs in this thread, here goes

We have eurotunnel booked for 2 weeks at the end of jan and are looking for accomodation which ive been advised on 1800 as we will be after a bit of nightlife as well as boarding all day long.
So if any snowheads have availibility in their own apartments/chalets please let me know. i've looked at the P&V site but i'm not sure if their apts are in the right areas & don't fancy staying in a chicken coup for 2 weeks!
Also what the best advice on liftpasses, do we get full pass for the 13 days or split it up if it saves us some dough!
We land in bourg st maurice on sat 29th jan at 6.30am ish so what would be the best way to get to 1800 as i'd guess the funicular wouldn't be running at that time.
any more advice on useful info would be much appreciated as i am a guy who likes to know the ins n outs before i go so i don't spend the 1st 3/4 days finding my bearings!

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
ady944, I am sure that Rob will be along soon with his apartment details. Toofy Grin

I am not sure what time the funi starts, up but there are lots of taxis etc from the station, also there is a great all night bar cafe opp the station has always been our regular coffee and pastry stop at 6 in the morning.

On the lift passes, Les Arc last season ran a limited promo with a really good saving, so keep an eye on their web site you never know wink
snow conditions
ady944, which apartments on the P&V site caught your eye. Not all of them will be chicken-coop size, and you might get some feedback on location in terms of access o the pistes & lifts as well as how close to the nightlife. As you know, my apartment is already booked for your dates.

I think the first funicular up the hill is at 7.30am. If you arrive at 6.30am I think it would be cheaper for you to get breakfast near the station then catch the funicular at 7.30 or later. IMO pointless to go up very early as you won't be able to ski before 9am and you accommodation is unlikely to be ready that early in the day.

I don't think it will be any cheaper to split your lift pass, in fact probably more expensive. Are you planning on the full Paradiski pass, or Les Arcs only (or Les Arcs plus one or two day extension to La Plagne)?
snow report
rob@rar, Do you happen to know of a new swimming pool complex being built near your apartment? Im booked into the B13 Le St Bernard, Les Alpages de Chantel and they sold it to me that a new pool was opening for the winter
snow conditions
Hi Rob, the one we was looking at was the Résidence Pierre & Vacances Le Belmont.
Probably get the full paradiski pass, or if the Les Arcs plus one or two day extension to La Plagne is a good idea we might look at that.
Brekkie at station sounds a good idea the go up as you said.

only thing with using p&v is with being there early on saturday i'd guess we would have to wait for check-in and we won't be leaving till late on sat night (12th feb) so i was wanting to book the extra night so we don't have to wait around all day with luggage! but p&v don't seem to let you book for 15nts.
Last year we went to L2A and rented off a private owner and they were really accomodating with check in/out times.

Thanks
ski holidays
surfstar, yes, it's currently being built. It is located in a new building right next door to Le St Bernard:

St Bernard on the left, L'Iseran is the new building on the right.

This is what the pool looked like a couple of weeks ago:

You'll be able to swim in the pool and watch people ski Happy
ski holidays
rob@rar, Excellent! Lets hope its ready in time!
snow conditions
ady944 wrote:
only thing with using p&v is with being there early on saturday i'd guess we would have to wait for check-in and we won't be leaving till late on sat night (12th feb) so i was wanting to book the extra night so we don't have to wait around all day with luggage! but p&v don't seem to let you book for 15nts.

That's fairly standard I'm afraid. Some places, especially private owners, can offer a bit more flexibility, but most places are Saturday-Saturday. Ask P&V if there is a luggage room you can store your kit in on the final day.

I don't know much about Le Belmont but I think it is more or less ski in/out. It's a short, but steep, walk down to the resort centre for bars and stuff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy