Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Hubba Hubba Toofy Grin 12 of us are heading out to a chalet in Les Balcons area on Friday 2nd April for a week in the 3V Happy Thanks for the updates, this is going to be the longest week EVER !....... roll on Friday. We're hoping to ski both change over saturdays so should get some quiet days also Happy

Si
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just came back and week started off rainy but then the sun and warmth came in with snow on Fri/Sat which gave excellent pow conditions...

Make sure you head out each day even if looks bad and head up high/ more remote areas as you will have a great time and very few people.

Here are piccies: http://sports.webshots.com/album/577165975hnxmPb?vhost=sports&start=12

Else a few select shots:

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great day in the orelle area today. Great skiing on quiet slopes. The sun came out at about 11:00, and stayed out all day. Clouded over in the last hour. Piste's still in great shape, but getting softer below 2300. We dropped down to 1800 meters under val t at the end of the day , and everything getting slushy. Has been warm today, up to 7 deg at 5 pm at 2450 meters. Can't manage to get photos up using iPhone, so that will have to wait until I get back. Has been windy today, but it has really blown up since dusk fell. More snow due sometime tomorrow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very windy today in val t - 80 kph whiteout. Lots of lifts shut due to wind and avie risk from wind blown snow. Canonbeing fired. Piste's scoured. Either ice or lovely soft snow. Winds died back a bit now, and snowing heavily at the moment. Was warm earlier with the snow very wet at2500 meters. Now dropped to -1 deg at 2450 meters.

An afternoon for a few beers and a game of cards I think
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wind has dropped a bit and vis improved. Sat on saulire top. 10cm fresh stuff and not many people about. Unexpected bonus for an hour after rest of party wimped out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well , after one of the worst mornings weather I have skiing in a long time (that happened to coincide with the first private lesson we have had) , the wind dropped, the temprature dropped and the snow came. And boy did it come big time!
By the time it cleared up about 3:30, we headed out up the moraine lift in val t to find about 30 cm of proper icing sugar powder had fallen. The best afternoon I have ever had skiing followed, even though we only had 90 minutes to play. My seven year old had the biggest grin ever.N
This is the first time I have ever skiied in proper untracked powder off piste and boy do I see the attraction. You sort of bounce in it without bottoming out to anything underneath. Hmm I can see this might be a difficult addiction to satisfy.

Anyway more tomorrow.

P.S I forgot to say it has been snowing again, and about another 10 cm since 6:30G
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fuego, ringingmaster, Most excellent Very Happy Very Happy Any news on lower down in Les Men, or over hill in merrybell ? Much appreciated. Not long now !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cstreat wrote:
fuego, ringingmaster, Most excellent Very Happy Very Happy Any news on lower down in Les Men, or over hill in merrybell ? Much appreciated. Not long now !!

sorry, no. Only have a pass for VT. Will try and make it down to 1800 in the boismint sector tomorrow to take a look.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colder today with only a little sun, and a few snow flurries. -8 at 9:00 at 2450 meters, rising to about 0. Now -5. Snow in excllent condition above about 2200 meters, getting a bit claggy and slushy below. Some brown patches on the last section going down to boismint (sp?) at 1800 meters. Expecting plenty of sunshine tomorrow, but cold temps again. Another dump expected on Saturday, with a few more flurries before then .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome news indeed, thanks for the updates ringmaster Happy

Si
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cold again this am. -6 @ 7:00 am @ 2450 meters. About 10 cm fresh overnight. Still snowing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ringingmaster, Thanks for your posts; early riser Razz Going to set off after school today, have a good rest of holiday. Yee Haaaaa!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was today the best dAys skiing in Meribel this season ? About 25cm fresh powders cool temps to keep it, no crowds , and not a piste basher in sight. Just awsome. Anyone coming on Saturday will be in for a treat
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another 15cm this am. On top of the 10cm over night. Sun came out at lunch and a great afternoon was had in the fresh untracked powder off the sides. Spent the afternoon in the plan sud area. Snow In excellent condition. There is bags of the stuff. It is cold (-1 @ 2450 meters @ 4:00) so it is staying in excellent shape. The only iffy areas are the very high traffic areas and pinch points. Sun tomorrow.

Anyone comming out next week should have a great time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ringingmaster, saturday here i come
ski holidays
I finish work at midday tomorrow and will be on the first TGV out of gare de lyon Cool can't wait, wish I could have got down there tonight tho Crying or Very sad
snow report
Cold overnight. Clear this am. Down to -11deg @ 7:00 @ 2450 meters. Bashers going all night -kept me awake. More later.
ski holidays
looks like a cracking day out there, and once again prospects of a great Easter ski, with perhaps some more fresh as well in the coming days...
ski holidays
Today - sunny, quiet, fresh snow, pistes generally in very good shape, some great off-piste, though heavy below around 2400m, avi risk 3. Clouds came in around mid-afternoon
snow report
Bright sunny morning. Sun and cloud in the afternoon. All round a good day. +1 deg @ 2450 meters @ 5:00 pm. Snow still in great not deteriated at all today, even in the sun. Can't really believe that it is spring.

Clouded over properly in the last hour. Looks like more snow!

Leaving tomorrow evening, but lose free Internet when we check out at 9:00, and probably won't have time to post. Hope someone found the posts usefull.

Been a fantastic week. Can't believe that it is over. Have a good week those of you comming out at Easter.

Cheers.
ski holidays
More snow forecast throughout tomorrow night
snow conditions
A few flakes mid afternoon, and cloud thickening. Pistes in pretty good shape, off-piste getting heavy . Overcast all day today, slopes quiet.
snow report
We've arrived Very Happy. It attempted to snow in St Martin earlier, then it looked like it was going to turn to rain. Slush down here.
snow report
After a couple of days in La Plagne/Champagny we are looking forward to skiing the 3 Valleys tomorrow Very Happy

A few cm's of snow forecast tonight so fingers crossed!
snow report
It snowed all night, to below 1400m
snow conditions
Powder powder everywhere! Hard work and lots of falls but grear fun Happy (via SMS)
latest report
Quote:

A few cm's of snow forecast tonight so fingers crossed!

it seems to have been a lot more than forecast (except by chamonix, who had it righter than the others) all over. We had about 10" I think. Certainly (as has been the case all season) more than snow-forecast had us down for. We're not that far from the 3 Valleys as the crow flies. Vis was rubbish this morning so I went for a trek across the virgin snow on snowshoes. Energetic, and very picturesque.
snow report
Mounta1nGoat, anarchicsaltire, enjoy your week! At least there's soft snow to fall in wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Must have been maybe 15cm at village level, much more higher. Pistes got chopped up pretty quickly, but the off-piste was transformed today - some fantastic new snow. Visibility poor tho' for much of the day.
snow report
pam w, Wait what? Thats not right...

seen a few people in snowshoes about.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 5-04-10 15:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Best snow I've had on a holiday for ages Very Happy

More fresh snow last night with the prospects of clear blue skies later today after a misty (and windy start).

Should be a good day snowHead
ski holidays
Excellent conditions yesterday, more fresh snow, avi risk 3, off-piste excellent, even on lower slopes. Sunshine all day, but far more crowded than the last few days. Will post some pics later perhaps.
ski holidays
Pics here
snow conditions
Hot hot hot today . . . . getting end of season slushy. Need early morning skiing for a few hours whilst it's still coldish and then a good lunch me thinks . . . . . looks like more of the same for the weekend.
snow report
Another clear blue sky day - but sadly the final day for us Sad . Conditions in Val T are still holding up well and yesterday some lovely runs with good snow Very Happy
ski holidays
Last couple of days have been warm and sunny. Lower south facing slopes have been taking a pasting and slushy on runs at bottom of valleys. Overall though not bad at all for mid April. Colder for next three days though and perhaps some snow showers to about 1500m.
ski holidays
Absolutely deserted in 1650 today... but great spring snow on piste and some good light powder high up off piste... we made a short trip out to the "Rampe Nord" on the Aiguille du Rateau:

Sweet powder:

The smiles say it all...:

Lets it hope it keeps going like this for a while... just cold enough to stop things falling off & the odd little top up... perfect...!

Bit more blurb at: http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
snow report
yummy coming out on saturday for a few days cant wait!!!
snow conditions
Last two days have had some great spring conditions on and off piste. Sunny and cold in the mornings, warm in the afternoon. Wednesday was great with the fresh snow, about an inch or two, but enough to refresh everything nicely. Cooler again this evening, cloud coming in.
snow report
skimottaret,
Quote:

coming out on saturday

Brave on the forum, does the wife know? Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy