Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2009-2010

Poster: A snowHead
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Christopher wrote:
According to Serre Chevalier's facebook site and from the webcams it looks like it has been raining cats and dogs in the valley and snowing up top.

Helen Beaumont, are you still out there?

I am indeed, and can confirm the weather

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, I can't see anything on the mountain tops for the clouds. As soon as I am able to I will. You can see the webcam on the first page of the thread.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brief break in the cloud, temperature is dropping and we've had a few flakes in the village.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, it has been snowing heavily ever since. Snow line has dropped since I took that, but too gloomy for another pic . Wet snow on the garden too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And it was The full moon last night.

Passing adh right now they havé snow. Will try to tale photo At lauteret
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing at la grave
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing at villeneuve
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stopped for the time being in Monetier, but it looks like there is more to come Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow in Monetier
And this is what we woke up to this morning.
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen, I am liking the pictures.
I hope that the snow keeps coming so there is plenty around for March when I come to SC.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All white valley still snowing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic sight to wake upto snowHead

obviously you can't predict temperatures. But do you reckon is it late enough for the snow up top to stay and build up a base or is the start of November too early?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christopher, it stayed last year, first snow was around 31st October, but who knows ? Dontlikeheights, I hope it keeps coming too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
looks a decent dump there Helen, I can feel the first snowman of the year in the garden coming on??????
snow report
kitenski, absolutely. I need to go and hunt out some gloves first.
ski holidays
kitenski,Not really enough to make a snowman we had more two weeks ago but it is still snowing and the valley is white past briancon. I will say, it's not that cold.
Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow we will see
snow report
Enough up here in Monetier. Below freezing according to our thermometer earlier, but it may have warmed up since then.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
looks a decent dump there Helen, I can feel the first snowman of the year in the garden coming on??????
Shocked Shocked oooo errrr missus Toofy Grin
snow report
Nice to see!! Only 11 weeks and 3 days until I arrive in SC!! Keep us posted Helen! snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, we have a self clearing driveway which i must say makes me very happy! was down in the new stables for the horse just past briancon it is wet and snowing slightly but not worth an effort like building a snowman! but stress not, you think if htere was enough snow i'd get away with not building one! kids are still on hols now! Lauteret looked good yesterday but still very light on the snow side possibly not more than 10cm i'm sure however today it is more! to much to do to go play in the snow but it is still snowing and if it keeps up tomorrow will be a snow day!
snow report
snowangel., Very Happy Very Happy . NOt sure what to do tomorrow. Wait and see what happens I think.
snow conditions
snowangel. wrote:
Helen Beaumont, we have a self clearing driveway which i must say makes me very happy!

Being nosey but how does that work?
snow report
kitenski, the ground is still too warm for it to settle on the wet driveway Very Happy so it melts straight away no digging involved!

however it is still snowing and if this carries on tonight i will not be so lucky!

the good news is there will not be much clearing driveway by hand this year. I bought a new quad this year which is a 4x4 so we have bought a snowplough for the front of it not only to clear the drive but to build kickers easier around town. So we want lots more snow snowHead
ski holidays
And it is still falling heavily.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, keeps going from big fat wet flakes to sleet here but still falling
ski holidays
snowangel. wrote:
kitenski, the ground is still too warm for it to settle on the wet driveway Very Happy so it melts straight away no digging involved!

ha, ha! I thought you'd installed a heated driveway or something!!!
ski holidays
Very fine flakes now, just had dog out for her 4th walk today. She loves the snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Raind all night chez moi not that much snow left down here. Must have been lots falling up top mind
snow report
Quote:

tomorrow will be a snow day

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Drier in Monetier than further down the valley when we went to Briancon this morning. We've had a thaw overnight, but there is still a bit of snow hanging around the village. Up top appears to be good from the views and the webcams. Cooling down again.
latest report
Colder today, clouds on the tops, sun in the village.
latest report
Heading to SC early March, seems a long way off, but early snow is promising. Hope its a white winter.
snow conditions
Tony_H, same.

This morning I booked the TGV to Bourg st. Maurice for €22 single I call that a bargain, need to buy a ticket from Bourg to Oulx which is a €25 single.
ski holidays
Christopher, excellent !! It's snowing lightly in the village. Definitely much colder.
latest report
Official site reporting 80cm up top - 20cm mid! Thats a nice start - hope all goes like last year from here on! snowHead
ski holidays
Mattmulkeen, looks about right from here.
latest report
Mattmulkeen, a little less warmer for my introduction into skiing in March would be fantastic snowHead .
snow conditions
Christopher, It was lovely and warm last April - best weeks skiing i've ever had! I am a convert to the Spring skiing is best philosophy. Still gonna be there for New Year mind.
latest report
Mattmulkeen, If it wasn't for my job which doesnt allow holiday in Janaury and December I would have done 2 weeks in Janaury and then 1 week in March instead of doing 3 weeks in a row. I would have done a week just after new year in Janaury.

If I like it in March I reckon the way forward is a week in Janaury and a week in March as I'm not likely to be in the same job in the future.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy